Guerrilla Grow damaged, dog or person?

• Thread starter radrichie61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
radrichie61

radrichie61

2 weeks ago my second site went in the ground. Returned yesterday to find 1/4 plants missing, ate off at ground. Another laying dead and the other 2 fine. Instead of wrapping each plant in a cage, I did a fence around 3, ran out of room and had to leave one outside fence. It made it. Weird. But part of fence tore down and f’d up. Don’t see why a human cause would tear down part of fence, leave 2 girls. No footprints but toee up,ground a bit. I read a couple places not to use Organic nutes in a GG as it attracts dogs. I am doing an urban grow and the spot I picked I thought was going to be pest free. Damn. Thoughts? Here are some shots of the site.
Guerrilla grow damaged dog or person
Guerrilla grow damaged dog or person 2
Guerrilla grow damaged dog or person 3
Guerrilla grow damaged dog or person 4
Guerrilla grow damaged dog or person 5
Guerrilla grow damaged dog or person 6
Guerrilla grow damaged dog or person 7

flowerdave

flowerdave

2 weeks ago my second site went in the ground. Returned yesterday to find 1/4 plants missing, ate off at ground. Another laying dead and the other 2 fine. Instead of wrapping each plant in a cage, I did a fence around 3, ran out of room and had to leave one outside fence. It made it. Weird. But part of fence tore down and f’d up. Don’t see why a human cause would tear down part of fence, leave 2 girls. No footprints but toee up,ground a bit. I read a couple places not to use Organic nutes in a GG as it attracts dogs. I am doing an urban grow and the spot I picked I thought was going to be pest free. Damn. Thoughts? Here are some shots of the site. View attachment 1960430View attachment 1960431View attachment 1960432View attachment 1960433View attachment 1960434View attachment 1960435View attachment 1960436
Deer?

TSD

TSD

I've had deer strip whole plants of the leaves and leave a naked stalk, more than once. Rabbits enjoy the leaves too. Using anything with blood meal or fish meal or anything that stinks definitely ups your chances that something will rut around in your hole and search for the source of the smell thinking it's food... any omnivore could be the culprit, deer, rabbit, fox, groundhog, wild dog, domestic free range dog, wild boar, any critter really. When I used to Gorilla grow, I would make it a habit to smash water on my way and pee everywhere I could... many animals will head the other way if they smell humans. Some people even save pee in jugs... I wasn't that dedicated lol. I also chucked moth balls in a perimeter around the area, a decent ways from actual plants as they are toxic. These things helped, but there's sometimes that persistent critter that cares not and can't resist a tasty salad or a nice rut in the dirt. Most don't care about small easily moved fences either.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can't see any signs of digging in these pics. Depending on where you are, it could be a hog or a bear.

Any ripper who knows his ass from a hole in the ground would know this is not the time to molest someone's grow, so I tend to think it's one critter or another.

radrichie61

radrichie61

I've had deer strip whole plants of the leaves and leave a naked stalk, more than once. Rabbits enjoy the leaves too. Using anything with blood meal or fish meal or anything that stinks definitely ups your chances that something will rut around in your hole and search for the source of the smell thinking it's food... any omnivore could be the culprit, deer, rabbit, fox, groundhog, wild dog, domestic free range dog, wild boar, any critter really. When I used to Gorilla grow, I would make it a habit to smash water on my way and pee everywhere I could... many animals will head the other way if they smell humans. Some people even save pee in jugs... I wasn't that dedicated lol. I also chucked moth balls in a perimeter around the area, a decent ways from actual plants as they are toxic. These things helped, but there's sometimes that persistent critter that cares not and can't resist a tasty salad or a nice rut in the dirt. Most don't care about small easily moved fences either.
Coyotes, got ‘em all around in the city.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
i bought 8 foot t-bars and steel fencing with holes your finger won’t fit through for this exact reason.. damn animals not destroying my plants this year!

A

Alwispy

The minute you set plants out like that , it’s like ringing the dinner bell for every living thing within miles !
GNick’s post above is the only sure way to get 100% results as long as he has also buried the wire cage down a good foot. Gorilla grows require a lot of work and a huge amount of good luck ! So unless you’re willing to sit up in the trees with a rifle 24-7 really wire cages are the best.

radrichie61

radrichie61

The minute you set plants out like that , it’s like ringing the dinner bell for every living thing within miles !
GNick’s post above is the only sure way to get 100% results as long as he has also buried the wire cage down a good foot. Gorilla grows require a lot of work and a huge amount of good luck ! So unless you’re willing to sit up in the trees with a rifle 24-7 really wire cages are the best.
My choice for the polypropylene was stealth as I could fold them up and secure in a backpack. I have many reasons for the way I am doing things, I am not growing at home or GGrowing anywhere that I have to hop in a car and go. At the very beginning of my planning because of the limitations I put in place, I am doing an urban GG hidden in places I can walk or bike to quickly and be in and out. Did it today at lunch. Took a walk, slipped in the woods 3 blocks from home in the middle of an industrial park, trimmed the bottoms and back out in 5-6 minutes max.

When done 4 or 5 sites with 3 plants or so each. Trying to plant 300% more than I hope to harvest and pray 1 in 3 doesn’t get compromised or destroyed.

All together will have 16 plants in 4 spots.

MartyMcFly42oh

MartyMcFly42oh

My choice for the polypropylene was stealth as I could fold them up and secure in a backpack. I have many reasons for the way I am doing things, I am not growing at home or GGrowing anywhere that I have to hop in a car and go. At the very beginning of my planning because of the limitations I put in place, I am doing an urban GG hidden in places I can walk or bike to quickly and be in and out. Did it today at lunch. Took a walk, slipped in the woods 3 blocks from home in the middle of an industrial park, trimmed the bottoms and back out in 5-6 minutes max.

When done 4 or 5 sites with 3 plants or so each. Trying to plant 300% more than I hope to harvest and pray 1 in 3 doesn’t get compromised or destroyed.

All together will have 16 plants in 4 spots.
Seems like a solid plan

TomH

TomH

I really like the idea of the guerrilla grow, it’s a bit too stressful for this old man though.
Worrying about people, animals, water issues etc.
I need to work on my patience and stress, too bad there’s not an easily obtainable, non-narcotic, natural solution!

TSD

TSD

I really like the idea of the guerrilla grow, it’s a bit too stressful for this old man though.
Worrying about people, animals, water issues etc.
I need to work on my patience and stress, too bad there’s not an easily obtainable, non-narcotic, natural solution!
That's why you usually plant like twice as many as you want to harvest doing guerilla style... plan on half of them dying due to various reasons lol... for me it was animals usually, rippers a couple times, in these parts they roam the state land just looking for grows to rip off. Fuckers. Rather a deer catch a nice buzz or have a good salad than some asshole enjoy the fruits of my labor lol.

radrichie61

radrichie61

That's why you usually plant like twice as many as you want to harvest doing guerilla style... plan on half of them dying due to various reasons lol... for me it was animals usually, rippers a couple times, in these parts they roam the state land just looking for grows to rip off. Fuckers. Rather a deer catch a nice buzz or have a good salad than some asshole enjoy the fruits of my labor lol.
I have 3 sites, 14 total and I am stoked to say no further damage after May 1st in fact they are thribing!

E

eso762nato

Be careful you gave your location away when I used Google Lens. 🌏 🔍. Your location looks hot and sticky to walk through. Prob not a lot of people are strolling through. Do they get enough light under that dense canopy? Good Luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom