• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Are there any guitarists here?

Been playing for a few years now. Nothing soothes the soul like smoking a fatty and jamming on the ole guitar. Just curious if anyone else plays a six string.

If so what are your favorite songs to play?

I like playing:

Sweet Child o Mine
War Pigs
Free Bird
Better Man
Enter Samdman
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Wake Me Up When Sept Ends
Nothing Else Matters
Tennessee Whiskey
Crazy Train

To name a few.

I have an Ibanez S series electric I play most of the time and an ESP LTD Delixe i play on occasion.

Guitarists
Guitarists 2

I started out playing with a game called Rocksmith on the PS4. You connect an electric guitar to your console and play it sorta like guitar hero except with real songs and tabs. Didn’t take long before I was jamming on my own. Pretty cool game and a great way to learn how to play.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Nice post and thread @JWM2

I have played since i was in high school with varying degrees of seriousness.

Im a bit busy now but will post my strat i play now when i get a chance.

I really like that ibanez.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice post and thread @JWM2

I have played since i was in high school with varying degrees of seriousness.

Im a bit busy now but will post my strat i play now when i get a chance.

I really like that ibanez.

Yeah oddly the Ibanez cost me 1/3 of what the esp Ltd cost but I love playing it much more. I bought the Ibanez at guitar center as a scratch and dent cuz there was a stress crack in the laquer finish. Would love to find a prestige s series but those are usually a couple grand. Wouldn’t mind getting a fender someday. Or a Steve Vai Jem but again those are a couple grand.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have had some nice guitars over the years including an original custom built in New Jersey BC Rich ST-3. It was built for a customer at a music shop and the store cat knocked it over and chipped the paint. I got a killer deal trading a kramer strat i put a warmouth birds eye neck and some emg single pickups. I think i put in $250 to the deal. It was a $1600 custom guitar back then. Had a preamp on board and pearl lightning bolt inlays with a blue metal flake finish. It was late 80’s and we were playing metal. I think i have an old photograph put away.

Today i play a standard fender strat through a vox pathfinder and maybe a boss sd-1 for boost and treble.

I like to jam with my neighbor. He was in the navy band and still has band buddies around. He can play most any classic song. I used to play out in my early 20’s but wasnt a fan of playing cover tunes for drunken bar crowds that much. It was fun a while.

Just been a hobby since then. I like to jam over tracks in my living room mostly. A spur of the moment porch jam across the way is fun too. The neighbor has a nice 58 gibson hollow electric with a single jazz pickup and a little tweed amp he lets me enjoy.

Or i just bring my strat.

751481A0 C336 4EE8 A9F9 CEEDD30F8E16

Fangthane

Fangthane

I started out playing with a game called Rocksmith on the PS4. You connect an electric guitar to your console and play it sorta like guitar hero except with real songs and tabs. Didn’t take long before I was jamming on my own. Pretty cool game and a great way to learn how to play.
I've been playing the PC version of Rocksmith 2014 for a few years now. I use a bass, though. Fun game. I can keep up with the simpler songs, as long as the notes are scrolling on a screen in front of me; can't remember or play a damn thing without the game.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been playing the PC version of Rocksmith 2014 for a few years now. I use a bass, though. Fun game. I can keep up with the simpler songs, as long as the notes are scrolling on a screen in front of me; can't remember or play a damn thing without the game.

Yeah that’s the only problem with the game. However you do learn the notes so you can play tabs and that’s usually when you start remembering songs. With the PC version you used to be able to hack it so you could download extra songs for free. In fact most of the good songs you could get that way which was cool. But yeah it’s a great way to learn to play and fun as hell. It’s like guitar hero but for real. Anyhow kudos. It’s always fun to pick up a new hobby and playing guitar has been a blast :-)

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have had some nice guitars over the years including an original custom built in New Jersey BC Rich ST-3. It was built for a customer at a music shop and the store cat knocked it over and chipped the paint. I got a killer deal trading a kramer strat i put a warmouth birds eye neck and some emg single pickups. I think i put in $250 to the deal. It was a $1600 custom guitar back then. Had a preamp on board and pearl lightning bolt inlays with a blue metal flake finish. It was late 80’s and we were playing metal. I think i have an old photograph put away.

Today i play a standard fender strat through a vox pathfinder and maybe a boss sd-1 for boost and treble.

I like to jam with my neighbor. He was in the navy band and still has band buddies around. He can play most any classic song. I used to play out in my early 20’s but wasnt a fan of playing cover tunes for drunken bar crowds that much. It was fun a while.

Just been a hobby since then. I like to jam over tracks in my living room mostly. A spur of the moment porch jam across the way is fun too. The neighbor has a nice 58 gibson hollow electric with a single jazz pickup and a little tweed amp he lets me enjoy.

Or i just bring my strat.

View attachment 855770

Oh damn nice rig bro! I’ve never used a whammy (tremolo) bar oddly enough. Mine are both hardtail. I wouldn’t mind one but have been talked out of them due to some saying they are hard to keep in tune. Which is funny cuz I rarely ever tune my guitars. I don’t play in a band or anything so it’s usually just my ears. I’m a little too shy to play in front of others.

Been playing instruments since about the 5th grade when I played cello in the orchestra and then switched to alto sax in 6th grade and played that through high school. My daughters both play alto sax now.

I picked up the guitar back in 2015 so it hasn’t been all that long. But at times I play for a couple hours a day. I like making up my own songs or riffs using shit borrowed from other songs. Been doing some arpeggio lately. I’d really like to learn fingerstyle more but I don’t have an acoustic yet so it’s a little trickier. But my brother has one I’ve played a bit and a buddy of mine just picked one up. I do need to get one someday.

I’ve never played or even held a fender. I’ve always liked the inline 6 of the Ibanez so that’s what I have but the more I see em the more I want to give one a try. Again that’s a sweet rig you got bro!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Oh damn nice rig bro! I’ve never used a whammy (tremolo) bar oddly enough. Mine are both hardtail. I wouldn’t mind one but have been talked out of them due to some saying they are hard to keep in tune. Which is funny cuz I rarely ever tune my guitars. I don’t play in a band or anything so it’s usually just my ears. I’m a little too shy to play in front of others.

Been playing instruments since about the 5th grade when I played cello in the orchestra and then switched to alto sax in 6th grade and played that through high school. My daughters both play alto sax now.

I picked up the guitar back in 2015 so it hasn’t been all that long. But at times I play for a couple hours a day. I like making up my own songs or riffs using shit borrowed from other songs. Been doing some arpeggio lately. I’d really like to learn fingerstyle more but I don’t have an acoustic yet so it’s a little trickier. But my brother has one I’ve played a bit and a buddy of mine just picked one up. I do need to get one someday.

I’ve never played or even held a fender. I’ve always liked the inline 6 of the Ibanez so that’s what I have but the more I see em the more I want to give one a try. Again that’s a sweet rig you got bro!

Thanks man. Fender tremelos are misnamed and a bit tricky. I used floyd rose whammy’s back in the day.

But i fell in love with strats played straight in to the amp when i got older. Simplicity but with so many sounds available.

I finally bought the dan erlwhine luthier book. He shows how fender custom shop sets up the tremelo. Mine stays in good tune now for years.

I highly recommend owning that book. Even just for the set up info on all major style guitars.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice I’ll have to check that out. I have a small digital amp that connects to my phone. So I can keep different tones on it and change them easily and download new ones as they become available. Makes the wiring much easier as I don’t need a huge board of effects to manage. Just one pedal with buttons I can push to access any of the four memory slots. It’s called AMPLIFi. I’ve got the 75 model. It was on sale a few years ago so I bought it as a Christmas gift for myself, hehe. I have an orange amp also but don’t use it much. Nice amp tho.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Im playing through a vox pathfinder. I have been thinking of getting a ac15.

I have had quite a few amps over the years but the little old solid state vox is awesome for the house.

I dont play at band volume anymore.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Are there any guitarists here?

Been playing for a few years now. Nothing soothes the soul like smoking a fatty and jamming on the ole guitar. Just curious if anyone else plays a six string.

If so what are your favorite songs to play?

I like playing:

Sweet Child o Mine
War Pigs
Free Bird
Better Man
Enter Samdman
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Wake Me Up When Sept Ends
Nothing Else Matters
Tennessee Whiskey
Crazy Train

To name a few.

I have an Ibanez S series electric I play most of the time and an ESP LTD Delixe i play on occasion.

View attachment 855756 View attachment 855757

Do believe we have several members that jam. 1st that comes to mind is @sixstring maybe he will poke his head in.

Im a avid air guitarist...…………… :p Dude picks it up at 2 mins into video. Old Neil young tune

Last edited:
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Do believe we have several members that jam. 1st that comes to mind is @sixstring maybe he will poke his head in.

Im a avid air guitarist...…………… :p Dude picks it up at 2 mins into video. Old Neil young tune

Lol he does a great job. That’s pretty awesome.

dilligaf

dilligaf

Just decided last month i wanted to try to learn a little on one.fingers got busted up pretty good in late 70s so i just quit fooling with them before i really got started..but i thought a slide might be the answer.so i built a 3 string fretless(for now) guitar.it is accoustic(for now).made some mistakes..i am a stoner after all..so i will probably start on a new neck this week.also have a piezo pickup and jack to install.
Will start a new one in a couple weeks i think.time will tell.right now i am trying to learn how to pick single strings.i keep hitting wrong one or hit 2 at a time.just something to kill time with

D

MarkAlan420

MarkAlan420

Been playing for roughly 20 years off and in. Love hitting the cheeba and the six string. Mostly a metal guy, but enjoy some floyd, and some older things as well.

FB IMG 1554306316056
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Just decided last month i wanted to try to learn a little on one.fingers got busted up pretty good in late 70s so i just quit fooling with them before i really got started..but i thought a slide might be the answer.so i built a 3 string fretless(for now) guitar.it is accoustic(for now).made some mistakes..i am a stoner after all..so i will probably start on a new neck this week.also have a piezo pickup and jack to install.
Will start a new one in a couple weeks i think.time will tell.right now i am trying to learn how to pick single strings.i keep hitting wrong one or hit 2 at a time.just something to kill time with

D

Very cool! Havent seen a cigar box guitar in forever.

Now you need a pickup installed and those cigarette pack amps.

Top Bottom