Guys, help! Why do my leaves look like they’ve been eaten?

• Thread starter Ganja_mama93
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

You need to identify your enemy! You need a lighted jewelers loop type thing! Even the cheap Chinese ones on Amazon for about 15 bucks will get The job done! Anybody that grow should have one! You need to identify what you are talking about on the bottom of the leaf! It is a big deal!
Yes, i will buy one. I tried zooming in with my phone and the small dots that i was talking about look like that (on the pictures). I dont know if that might be an insect or eggs or nothing…

IMG 5938
IMG 5936
IMG 5934
Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
They look like they've been eaten, because they have! Whatever the critter, it's fairly good size to take chunks like that out. My guess would be a cricket, grasshopper, katydid (leaf hopper) or caterpillar. Hopefully it just did a drive-by, and moved on, but keep your eyes open and examine the entire plant closely, also look under your pots (they love to hide there is the daytime).
You’d be shocked how often I find a stink bug on a branch when I’m sitting through my tents, i check nonstop now but of course the more you look the less you see lol

Most of the time I see them enter when I have the tent open to water I’ll head one fly past me and in I go to look for it 🤣

I agree though definitely a fair sized bug to take bites like that I’d be checking under large stems for a grasshopper or something Similar

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yes, i will buy one. I tried zooming in with my phone and the small dots that i was talking about look like that (on the pictures). I dont know if that might be an insect or eggs or nothing…
Hmm looks similar to when I had thrips, looked like microscopic grains of rice till I got out the digital microscope and saw them up close

In case it’s that do you have caption jacks deadbug? When I had them I did 2 applications in veg l, wiped them out and never saw them again….ever. I won’t spray it in flower but last few runs because of how quickly it wiped them out, I’ve been doing 2 applications 3-4 days apart about a week and a half before flower no matter what

jetbtkng

jetbtkng

I havent used magnification. I checked under the leafs 3 times today and the last time, which was about an hour ago i saw some really, really small dots that i removed with my own hand. I cant even describe them, creamy colour.
aphids if their creamy color, thats what i had awhile back, tough little bastards to eliminate too, neem oil every 4-5 days if thats the issue, take a pic of the creamy goodness, lol...

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Yes, possibly aphids or even thrips. But that’s not what took the chunks out of the leaves.
agreed there, different type of damage especially thrips, I’ve never dealt with aphids before

I’m stickin with grasshopper, caterpillar or something similar

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

this can happen due to some local mutation on the leaves. Looks like it's bein eaten but that's just a local mutation.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

not thrips for sure, your leaves would be already much more damaged with thrips.

if they are not moving may be some species of barnacle scale some do lives on the leaves

Last edited:
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

I havent used magnification. I checked under the leafs 3 times today and the last time, which was about an hour ago i saw some really, really small dots that i removed with my own hand. I cant even describe them, creamy colour.
Increasing air flow does not prevent bugs, it can slow them down a bit at best. It's always a good thing tho.

I can't tell if those white things are bugs or eggs because pics not clear enough, you're going to need higher magnification, I think someone already mentioned getting a lighted loop. Do you see them move?

Look into how to properly use neem oil, most bugs don't care for it, I use lots of it on my cannabis and in my vegetable garden as well.

The big bites could be leaf mutation, or catapillers or some larger type bug, or even a mouse, but not likely from thrip damage.

Last edited:
Beachbumm

Beachbumm

But how can these big bugs settle in my indoor space?? If there were outside - yes, but inside….
Bugs are a part of growing cannabis. Many perpetual growers use a pest management schedule where plants are treated with certain sprays etc. on a scheduled basis.

F

fuzybuds

Its me again… sorry but this is my very first time and im freaking out way too much probably.
I checked for bugs, i couldnt find any. The “eating” pattern is on the new leaves as well.
The plants are 4 weeks okd. 2 days ago i gave them fertilisers for the first time but these wholes have been there since before that.
Looks like some odd growth happen whats the lighting schedule seems like it may of went to regeneration period ,see them leafs that look somewhat straight edged that's what they do when regeneration happens,regeneration happens when a clone off a flowering plant is put back into veg state.weird shit happens,some leafs look like pepper plant leafs get odd clusters of leafs to.make sure u stayb18-6 on veg and 12 - 12 flowering. And no external light getting to them during bed time.good luck.

Ganja_mama93

Ganja_mama93

Looks like some odd growth happen whats the lighting schedule seems like it may of went to regeneration period ,see them leafs that look somewhat straight edged that's what they do when regeneration happens,regeneration happens when a clone off a flowering plant is put back into veg state.weird shit happens,some leafs look like pepper plant leafs get odd clusters of leafs to.make sure u stayb18-6 on veg and 12 - 12 flowering. And no external light getting to them during bed time.good luck.
Hi. The light schedule is 20/4. They are autos, the right one is even a fast bud. So i know that i dont need to change the light schedule when they go into different stages. Just choose one from the begining and stay with it until the end. The light is 150w and set to 75% intensity. When they go into flower ill change the intensity to 100%. Thanks for the different opinion.
I couldnt really understand what regeneration growth means and if its really bad and how can i actually fix the process?

Latest posts

Top Bottom