Guys please let me know what’s happening with my plant

• Thread starter Cooler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cooler

Cooler

Guys please let me know what’s happening with my plant. Only two plants from a whole room are like this. Others are all OK, same feeding same nutrients, just two plants are like this. Any idea?
Guys please let me know whats happening with my plant

Guys please let me know whats happening with my plant 2
Cooler

Cooler

Coco
Athena salts
5,8-6
78-80; 65rh
LEDs
Once again only two plants from the whole room are like this, all others are growing good.
No mites, no aphids, no pm
maybe something is wrong with genetics?defective genetic plant?

Anthem

Anthem

Coco
Athena salts
5,8-6
78-80; 65rh
LEDs
Once again only two plants from the whole room are like this, all others are growing good.
No mites, no aphids, no pm
maybe something is wrong with genetics?defective genetic plant?
Athena Pro Blend?
How long have you been running them?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Possible.

@Aqua Man has a thread here called how to water coc for best results or something similar. Just wondering if your watering practice is like what he describes in the top post? I’m on cell but I can provide a link later if you can’t find it.

Edit: here

Last edited:
SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

Guys please let me know what’s happening with my plant. Only two plants from a whole room are like this. Others are all OK, same feeding same nutrients, just two plants are like this. Any idea?View attachment 1212656
I agree with @Moe.Red on watering practices. When I see the leaves curling like that I usually lean to water issues because it’s showing a issue with transpiring. Do you know what your DLI is?

Anthem

Anthem

The Athena Pro Blend (Dry Salt) is difficult to run because of the hygroscopic nature if you are not mixing the full 25 pounds and setting things up based on the PPM or EC. That being said, start by mixing it like this. First of all mix about 3 gallons per the weighted instructions and see what your PPM is. It is most likely going to be low. This is because both the Grow and Bloom, not the core are so hydroscopic. If you are having to scrape the salt off a mass in the bag or bucket it is because of the water content in the dry salts. I have used the tubs to try and limit the hydroscopic nature of both the veg and bloom to no such luck. If the EC is low as mentioned, you can try leaving the core weight the same and adding Bloom or Veg until you get to the correct EC. I have done some experiments and I had enough of an issue to were I started looking for other nutrient lines. I went so far as to bake the stuff at low temperatures to remove the water, but it just is too much water in the stuff. I want to say it sucked up about 18 percent by weight of water. You can do a google search on moisture in Highway Rock Salt and they have a way of telling the water content of the salt. But to be honest at about 150 per 25 pound bag there is stuff out there that is as good or better for about 35 percent of the cost.

The line was originally marketed by JB I believe and those guys are all about Dosatrons. So they were just mixing up 25 pound bags in stock tanks and running with it. If you take the time to look up Green Gene on You Tube you can find a video where he posted up most of the popular dry salt nutrient lines and you will see Athena is different from many of the other lines, as far as NPK, Cal and Mag. I have had great results with it but it is a hassle to get the plants on point all the time.

Anthem

Anthem

Watering every other day with 1500 ppm
Those are the numbers that Chris knucklehead from Athena talked about in a podcast. I just cannot run the stuff that high. I top out at about 1100 to 1200. If you are only watering every other day I hope you are getting some good run off. I quit using Coco and it was because I just could not keep enough moisture in the stuff and not have salt build up.

Cooler

Cooler

Are you sure the pot is fully dry when watering?
Is it supposed to be fully dry? My understanding is if it’s fully dry, the roots could get fully dry too. No they’re not fully dry when I water

Cooler

Cooler

Those are the numbers that Chris knucklehead from Athena talked about in a podcast. I just cannot run the stuff that high. I top out at about 1100 to 1200. If you are only watering every other day I hope you are getting some good run off. I quit using Coco and it was because I just could not keep enough moisture in the stuff and not have salt build up.
Athena salts are different from blended ppm as you I am sure are aware of.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If that's all coco, then you aren't watering and feeding often enough. You cut the amounts and multiply the feedings.

Homesteader

Homesteader

Nothing is biting your roots? Peel back some of the coco on the stalk and see if any mites in particular are attached to the root mass. Something is stressing that plant. Did this just start doing this?

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Is it supposed to be fully dry? My understanding is if it’s fully dry, the roots could get fully dry too. No they’re not fully dry when I water
Sorry, I am responding to too many threads I think and forgetting details. Listen to these guys they got you covered for coco.

Top Bottom