Gwheels Dream Growroom :d

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

I think i will make it bigger. 13 x 10 with a 3 x 3 room to veg. When i get to here i will sell my small tents. Or save one for a dryer.
Upload 2019 2 13 13 51 44

That closes off the rest of the closet into a uniform space.

gwheels

gwheels

After I build the wall i will paint everything with it. If i put it on the drywall it will mitigate me doing 1000 staples. And the paint will look a lot better. A couple of extra weeks to make it beauty is worth it.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
After I build the wall i will paint everything with it. If i put it on the drywall it will mitigate me doing 1000 staples. And the paint will look a lot better. A couple of extra weeks to make it beauty is worth it.

Couple weeks is nothing, patience is a virtue. When I built my grow shed I tried to do everything exactly the way I wanted it. Took me about 2 years of working on it on weekends from drawings to the first crop.
Mind you, I had to build the building too... not just convert it.

Last edited:
gwheels

gwheels

I have a new and improved plan.... The flower room is the 10 x 6 space. I will build a wall and a door. The end of the room by the flower room will have 2 small tents setup and exhausting into the flower room.
The flower room is 350 cubic feet so 1 filter can do it at full speed. I will revisit this after we get going.

The dream room is coming together. I have a gallon of kilz paint ready and drywall and 2 x 4s.

The critical mass will be done just in time to move one of the small tents over to crack seeds. :D

The layout is shown. 920 watts in the flower room. A QB135 (150w) and Mars48reflector (100w) will be used for the veg tents. I may just use 1 veg tent and the other as a dryer so the mars may still be a mothballed door stopper but we shall see.
The X is the electrical sockets i am putting in (GFI)
1 will also go to the veg tent.

Its getting exciting now....

Upload 2019 2 27 11 15 15

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your room sounds very nice and well thought out. I would add a water spigot to the room, maybe a separate electric circuit to make turning everything on and off quickly, possible. Just a thought...why are you using a grow tent when you have a dedicated and sealed up room that you can really crank things up. Without the tent, you get a lot more headroom for growing taller plants, which can grow a lot from side growth. It is just a thought. I guess a tent is a lot easier to mess with stuff and is easy to set up and take down. My grow area is about the same size as yours, although I don't have it going as a perpetual grow. Six plants filled the room to the brim, with some reaching 7 ft despite heavy training.
The time to make a great grow room is now, before you start it. I think you have covered the bases pretty well, although I would keep the ventilation on the bigger side...when things start to flower they are quite odiferous. I can't comment about a scrubber as I've never used one, but things get stinky indoors. Great Job...keep up the good work!

gwheels

gwheels

The room is weird. IT only has 5 foot 3 inches from the tile floor to the drop ceiling and i might be able to get it to 5 foot 6. The tents were practice for the room (not intentional but true). The people that own it now must be really damned short !

For electric i have room for a pair of 15 amp circuits in the board. I will run 2 of them to this space. The total wattage with all lights on and the fans is pushing it so i will run 2 of them and put a couple of electric boxes from each circuit in the room.

I have 3/4 of a coil of 14/2 from a reno.

I think the room is under stairs but it is such a weird place I will not know for sure until April 2 when i tear out the ceiling. I thought it was a 4 x 4 closet and it opened into amazing.

I am getting a mechanics chair on wheels so i can wheel around and prune.

In time i will probably make a 3 x 3 dedicated veg room and use 1 tent for a dryer only.

The flower room will be a room (drywall box) that has the full height that I can get. so 10 x 6 x 5 foot 8 ish.

The tents are strictly for vegging to put into the flower room. I will see how fast they fill the 5 footer and figure out a pace so it can be perpetual. And i can use a tent to dry so it pulls the smell outside of the house.

We are legal with 4 plants even if they each take up 9 square feet.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Your room sounds very nice and well thought out. I would add a water spigot to the room, maybe a separate electric circuit to make turning everything on and off quickly, possible. Just a thought...why are you using a grow tent when you have a dedicated and sealed up room that you can really crank things up. Without the tent, you get a lot more headroom for growing taller plants, which can grow a lot from side growth. It is just a thought. I guess a tent is a lot easier to mess with stuff and is easy to set up and take down. My grow area is about the same size as yours, although I don't have it going as a perpetual grow. Six plants filled the room to the brim, with some reaching 7 ft despite heavy training.
The time to make a great grow room is now, before you start it. I think you have covered the bases pretty well, although I would keep the ventilation on the bigger side...when things start to flower they are quite odiferous. I can't comment about a scrubber as I've never used one, but things get stinky indoors. Great Job...keep up the good work!

Excellent points there. I'd also recommend installing either a GFCI outlet for your res pump/air pump outlet and anything that comes near water, or installing a GFCI breaker for an entire branch circuit. I wouldn't use one for the lamps or fans though. If you want you could put an arc fault breaker for the lamps but you dont really need to.
As for fan, oversize it and run it slow with a carbon filter rated for at MINIMUM the same Cfm as the fan, otherwise the house is gonna reek. And seal it up really well between the filter and the fan or it can still suck stink through the joint. I use silicone and machine screws, then tuck tape over that to join the fan to the filter.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The room is weird. IT only has 5 foot 3 inches from the tile floor to the drop ceiling and i might be able to get it to 5 foot 6. The tents were practice for the room (not intentional but true). The people that own it now must be really damned short !
The lack of headroom will limit your choice of plant strains, but most of the strains nowadays seem to be bred to grow shorter than older strains, especially Sativa's. My last grow had 3 Sativa's and they were like bratty kids...they were VERY hard to keep down to a reasonable height. I also had a Grandaddy Purp, Train Wreck, and Black Diesel...all of these were pretty short and shouldn't cause any issues. You are on the right track...keep up the good work!

gwheels

gwheels

Thanks for the advice. I will take it all into consideration. The beauty is i can start plants and do this. They can grow a long time in the tent.

gwheels

gwheels

The sativa leaning plants need lots of training. Another thing I am making are multiple scrog nets for sativa leaning strains. The king tut on the right in there is 26 inches tall. I kept pinching and topping it to keep it short and flipped it when it looked right
It was making me nervous at stretch because the internodal distance is really far compared to the GG4 beside it. And the stupid large autopots are 15 inches tall. This is a 63 inch tall tent (just fits in the new room).

I will figure out something with shorter pots too :) Maybe a short tote converted to a bubble bucket. I can frankengear it from spares.

1st round is 2 strains
Purple Punch
MAC X GG4

Should be a great one. OR a massive learning experience

20190223 072247
20190223 072236
gwheels

gwheels

My fiance said put a door on the whole room and lock it. It is your hobby room to grow as you please.

I think I might be living in a parallel universe...

And when i am done i will use 1 tent as a dryer. I will have a bigger veg room and a decent flower room. I want to veg 2 at a time :D Woo hoo is it april yet ?

gwheels

gwheels

Dude, I am soooo waiting for someone to break out a "Rubbermaid underbed storage tote" HorizontalDWC.
Be that guy !
LOL. 5 foot 6 is enough room to grow monsters...I want to be that guy. Low plant count monsters...

I will stick to 4 plants for as long as it is convenient...I mean forever...

Top Bottom