H&G and CaliMAGic in rockwool. Help!

• Thread starter smknfire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smknfire

smknfire

Awesome info here and I'd like some input because I think I may have my ratios off. I am running Delta 10's on Big Mamas. I just flipped my girls and in the first 2 weeks they are starting to show some burning on the tips. I have them on straight RO now hoping to flush and fix the issue over the next couple days. After running a few tests to determine how many ppms I'm putting into the solution and where they are coming from I'm a little concerned I'm off balance. I currently run H&G AquaFlakes as a base with CaliMagic, Pro-Tekt, Roots Excel, and Drip Clean as additives. I have been mixing the following through 1st 2 weeks of flower:

Initial RO readings- 24ppm / 7.2pH

Pro-Tekt - 5mL/G first into straight RO.
A&B - 6.5 mL/G
CaliMagic 5mL/G
Roots Excel 0.5mL/G
Drip Clean 0.4mL/G

In a 50 gallon res this puts out about 850-875 ppm total.

These are the tests and the guaranteed analysis for the different parts. I didn't test the Roots Excel or Drip Clean as I don't expect them to be the problem.

Pro-Tekt
5mL in 1 gallon RO = 88ppm and 10.3pH for 64ppms increase or 12.8ppm/mL

Guaranteed Analysis -
K2O 3.0%
4.1kg/1gal
7.8% Si

CaliMAGic
5mL in 1 gallon RO = 320ppm and 7.1pH for 296ppm increase or 59.2ppm/mL

Guaranteed Analysis -
N 1%
Ca 5%
Mg 1.5%
Fe 0.1%

H&G AquaFlakes
5mL each in 1 gallon RO = 524ppm and 5.7pH for an increase of 500ppm or 100ppm/mL

Guaranteed Analysis -
A
20L = 22kg
N 0.3% (0.02% Ammonical N and 0.28% Nitrate N)
K2O 0.3%

B
20L=22kg
N 0.1%
P2O5 0.3%
K2O 0.6%
Mg 0.8%

I know this is a lot for someone to answer but I really appreciate all the input. Would like to hear your guys' opinions on strengths and ratios for Veg and Flower as I feel I can dial it back and correct the ratios. I think I have all the info there but can answer any other questions necessary.

smknfire

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

First thing I would do is add 20% regular tap water to your RO, this will help keep pH more stable. Tip burn is a sign of over ferts so cut back to50% of recommended on the bottle and go from there. A little bit of tip burn is not that serious, just means you pushing them as hard as you can. I would also cut back the cal-mag to 3 ml/gal.

smknfire

smknfire

Thanks for the info woodsmaneh! Anyone else out there wanna weigh in?

Top Bottom