H&g aqua flakes

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

So I just read ucmenow's post about aqua flakes end result tasting like a car tail pipe... Is this true? I hope it's not cuz I really like how healthy the H&g has my plants looking. The last thing I wanna hear is that h&g tastes like ass :( feedback please.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Based upon 2 grows with Dyna-Gro and 2 grows with Dutch Master Gold I can say they taste like ass as well.

Apparently Canna is camp CCH2O's current suggestion for the UC.

Will say that the most fire hydro I've grown was with Flora Nova Bloom, Earth Nectar and Earth Ambrosia. The only reason I stopped using them was based on the recommendation of a sterile solution, but suddenly using bennies is the way to roll given the number of problems to have popped up in threads.

Seems as if some advice is sales oriented.

conspiracy.jpg

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Based upon 2 grows with Dyna-Gro and 2 grows with Dutch Master Gold I can say they taste like ass as well.

Apparently Canna is camp CCH2O's current suggestion for the UC.

Will say that the most fire hydro I've grown was with Flora Nova Bloom, Earth Nectar and Earth Ambrosia. The only reason I stopped using them was based on the recommendation of a sterile solution, but suddenly using bennies is the way to roll given the number of problems to have popped up in threads.

Seems as if some advice is sales oriented.

conspiracy.jpg
lol at sales oriented advice I could see how that could easily happen in this type of environment. I swear I have heard other people swear by that gh too it kind of makes you think... I am not a canna fan at all I don't see how anybody could recommend canna. I can't speak on canna in hydro but I know for sure beyond a doubt that canna coco and bio is garbage. The bubba master just did a canna coco run on our bubba and it was by far the worst to ever crop in 2 years and he has the bubba mastered. The ff run before that shit on canna in every aspect including look, smell, and yield it was kind of sad finding out what the canna hype was about.

HG23

HG23

Why wouldn't you just post this in UCME's thread? Seems kinda redundant.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Why did Jacks Canna run look and apparently taste so good?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Why did Jacks Canna run look and apparently taste so good?

Did you see or taste it first hand? I'm just going off what I know in my own experience I personally thought it was garbage. If somebody else has a canna crop they would like to prove me wrong with i am more then willing to play the judge role

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

QB, you're the first I've heard that had bad results with Canna.....shits pretty premium by most accounts. May be worth running some GH and see how that works for you....always been a proven nute line.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

QB, you're the first I've heard that had bad results with Canna.....shits pretty premium by most accounts. May be worth running some GH and see how that works for you....always been a proven nute line.

I never ran canna personally but I know someone that has been running my same bubba cut for over 2 years now and he grows to perfection. I have seen this bubba ran under everything besides h&g. The last run was canna and it was horrible. My buddy is a soil grower and used the bio. IMO I have seen better off fox farms and botanicare. I have also seen this cut run under AN and even though the taste wasn't there the looks were probably the best I have seen yet. AN makes crazy lookin bubba I have a video I'll try to post it to YouTube.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I've heard mix'd reviews of their bio as well.....but their mineral salt nutes are well balanced and very proven.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I've heard mix'd reviews of their bio as well.....but their mineral salt nutes are well balanced and very proven.

Yeah I can only speak for the bio and I can assure you 100% there was no user error because the plants looked great. The goods just weren't there.

Z

ziggy1

I use H & G aqua flakes roots excellerator and shooting powder only in my Under current and I can tell you they don't taste like tail pipes or whatever they said. I have no problems and the flowers smoke great.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I use H & G aqua flakes roots excellerator and shooting powder only in my Under current and I can tell you they don't taste like tail pipes or whatever they said. I have no problems and the flowers smoke great.

Good to get some positive feed back on taste....how was flower development?

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I have alway's been a fan of CNS17 from Botanicare. My buddy is killing it in his UC. By far the best 1 part system there is. He pulled a little over 2 p's a light with the CNS17. Not trying to jack the thread, but one thing we have noticed when using the CNS17 is that the res and epic center stayed clean, When using the H&G nutes, the res alway's had a film on it where the water level dropped.

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Been wanting to try that CNS17, supposedly super easy, pH stable, and clean, but I heard the flavor sucks. Thats why they recommend you use the Pure Blend compost tea with it, for some flavors. But I think that would gunk up a bit...

I'm thinking a slight modification on Jack's recipe (minus the AN garbage)...Canna base nutes, H&G additives, Drip Clean, Root Excel, Bud XL, Top Booster, replace Shooting Powder with Bloombastic.

I'm actually experimenting with my own guano and EWC teas throughout bloom....flavor is the ultimate goal!

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I have alway's been a fan of CNS17 from Botanicare. My buddy is killing it in his UC. By far the best 1 part system there is. He pulled a little over 2 p's a light with the CNS17. Not trying to jack the thread, but one thing we have noticed when using the CNS17 is that the res and epic center stayed clean, When using the H&G nutes, the res alway's had a film on it where the water level dropped.

I used botanicare in my last run (dwc buckets) and it was horrible... I used the whole pbp line from start to finish... It wasn't bad on the taste tip but ph was not stable and plants looked frail and weak compared to hg.. I started my moms on pbp for this uc run and switched to hg halfway through... I could sit there and pick out which leaves and branches grew off pbp and hg that's how big the difference was.

Z

ziggy1

Good to get some positive feed back on taste....how was flower development?

The flower development was fine. I used aquaflakes a & b at the normal strength, not aggressive strength according to the chart for the first 6 of 9 weeks, then i added shooting powder at the 6 weeks according to chart with the a & b also .. then for the last 2 weeks i only used shooting powder, no a and b and flushed for 6 days with straight water before the harvest, nice lime green flowers and good taste.. Roots accelurator for veg and the first week of bloom.

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im running botanicare triflex right now and its stable as can be. I havent adjusted ph 1 time yet its been a week. If I have to be adding ph up and down daily Ill dump the shit out and switch to something else.
BG

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Ziggy, nice call on the Shooting powder only in the final weekish....that's a great way to get water culture to finish strong while purging the plants of excess chloraphyll.

Latest posts

Top Bottom