H&G - Aquaflakes vs Coco?

• Thread starter bloads
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bloads

bloads

I've been reading that people use Aquaflakes in their recirculating coco, as the nutrients don't 'fall out' as easily as just H&G coco nutes.

Is aquaflakes more expensive, it seems like one would want to use that instead their coco nutes. In my case, I have reservoirs (not recirculating) that I think would benefit from having aquaflakes, so that nutrients don't 'fall out' during the week that they're in my res.

S

Seed Buyer

I have used Aqua Flakes for years in my recirculating flood and drain systems with great results. In a drain to waste or drip set up I would use coco nutes.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I think its texas kid that swears no matter what style of hydro your running that the aqua flakes is the best

bloads

bloads

I think its texas kid that swears no matter what style of hydro your running that the aqua flakes is the best

I think I see his logic.... if one nutrient solution claims that it's nutes don't 'fall out' as much as another solution, using the one that's less stable would seem like a bad choice, unless there's some other info I'm missing.

xrob415x

xrob415x

If you used the aqua flakes in the coco adding CALMG is a must. When I used aqua flakes with my RO (OG KUSH grow) I was adding like 10ml per gallon of CAMG at certain points to make the girls happy. The coco AB already has like 12% calcium so it saves the grower the trouble of dialing in the cal mag.. I do drain to waste coco and have used both. I have dropped the Aqua flakes and gone with the COCO AB..Just a personal preference I guess. Good results with both but I feel that a novice grower would make there life easier with the COCO AB.

E

edub30

I know this is kind of a dead thread. But I had a quick question. I'm switching over to coco drain to waste from recirculating coco ebb and flow. I still have a whole bunch of Aqua Flakes. Is it safe to use aqua flake drain to waste? I don't see how it could hurt but just wanted to get some others opinions. Thanks

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Not only is it safe but its one of best. Run it and u wont regret it.
Confu.

E

edub30

Interesting... Thanks for your input Confuten. So you think that its actually the best to run a nute that is meant for recirculating in a drain to waste setup. Or do you think that House and Garden nutes is one of the best in general? Just want to make sure I understand you completely. Thanks

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I've never used H&G nutrients before, but FWIW someone on here told me to use AF for coco DTW because it worked better then the Coco A+B formula.

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Interesting... Thanks for your input Confuten. So you think that its actually the best to run a nute that is meant for recirculating in a drain to waste setup. Or do you think that House and Garden nutes is one of the best in general? Just want to make sure I understand you completely. Thanks

H&g produces great products all the way around(sometimes overpriced tho) Ive used their coco a&b and ive mostly used their aquaflakes. I like that I can mix up a batch of feed 55 gal drum and it not get all funky over the several days it takes me to use it. plus the stuff is supper clean, like buds burn to a white ash even without a flush. hope this helps.
Confu

Top Bottom