H&G PH drop?

• Thread starter budboy299
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budboy299

budboy299

I'm running coco in a recirculating system which is top fed.
H&G Aqua flakes with RO water. Is anyone else having the same problem as I am....?

My RO water is aprox 6.8PH, when I add in the aqua flakes to bring it up to 1.4EC, the PH drops to about 4.5

I can bring it up with PH up (caustic potash) but does anyone else experience such a drastic PH drop with the aqua flakes?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
with HG products you are supposed to add part a & mix well then add part b & mix well and then PH your mix and add in your supplements

budboy299

budboy299

Thats what I am doing motherlode. Only nutes that I have ever run that dropped that far. Usually it drops a single point but not over 2 points. I wonder if it like this due to where their main purchasers are locate to account for their water.

Not a huge problem but just thought it odd. Oh and thank you for the reply as well. Always good to verify that I am mixing it right :)

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I just finished my first (and last) run with HG, I used the canna though and the aqua flakes is supposed to be better.

I never saw that kind of ph swing.

my quality and quantity suffered greatly on this last run. the bud is tasty but not near as sugary and greasy as Im used to.

I was making mixes at 70% and still burning my girls, Top Booster is some hot shit.

theres far too much nitrogen in the HG near the final bud phase if you follow their feed chart.

Im going back to good ole top fed rockwool with GH 3 part +calmag and moab.

H

Headach

motherload,

I cannot agree with you better, i switched to HG for the UC so i decided to use HG for my 4x2.5 starter cube, i was thinking mind as well stick with one line through the entire grow. With HG i see some deficiencies, purple stem, nute burn although i mixed it fairly weak(50-60% of chart). When i had it set up with GH, the plants were super healthy, not a sign of stress and the stem was green as it ever be.

I should of used GH for my veg table then when i transfer ill use HG. My GH didnt do quite as well in the UC perhaps because of my bad genes(slow veggin sfv and nanner, thanks cali connect).

Just my 2 cent.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I think I remember reading there is an issue with the GH 3 part in the UC and that the 2 part would be better suited...

watteva

watteva

budboy i think H&g is made for tap water not RO water if im not mistaken

F

fiftythree33

I'm having issues with H&G as well and if it weren't for having two runs worth on my shelf I may have dropped it already. I'm not the brightest and very new to all of this but from what I can tell H&G is very light on Phosphorus and strong on Potassium. Also from some other reading and some words at the hydro shop it seems that for H&G aqua flakes the Magic Green foliar spray is key to healthy looking plants.

The top booster is very hot in K anda does not provide enough ppm of P to make up for the hot K. Also to bring up the N with A&B you again make the K super hot. The top booster has helped my issue but I'm not quite there yet so I'm removing it and supplementing KoolBloom instead. I cannot find anyway to bring the P up without spiking the K out of control with H&G nutes.

Instead I'm dropping Aqua A & B down to 3ml/gal & adding 1.2ml/gal of KoolBloom powder this with all the rest of my stuff will give me a NPK PPM of 60-85-148. I will probably need to bump this up some but I'm going to look for an N booster that I like the looks of instead of using A&B. Though I think I'll end up at 3.5ml A&B after looking again 66-87-159.

I'm really hoping that I have this figured out or that the Great White and Hygrozyme I'm adding saves my ass haha. For now I'm gonna get some munchies and figure out what the fuck else I'm putting down this whole.
:bong-hits:

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Why are you using Aqua Flakes with Coco? I have been running H&G for a while now without any problems.
You do need to make sure you calibrate your PH meter often. Also you do need to scrub your res after each week. I do at least.
Also it states you are supposed to use RO water. I do not do that either and have zero problems. I also use there Coco food on Full Strength. The one thing I do different is use about half strength of the Top Booster.
People that run the UC's pretty much only use H&G or Dutch Master. I would check your PH meter for one. There are so many factors involved when filling a res correctly. You mess up one thing at it is a waste.

F

fiftythree33

The complete base nutrient for expanded clay, Oasis Cubes, Rockwool and Coco
from the aqua flakes page on h&g.us

Plus these go in rdwc buckets after veg...

I use RO and they have also stated on the website "you should add some back in if you take it all out" when asked about calmag

another problem is they state twice that it's "a complete nutrient" yet only list NPK and Mag on the A&B bottle. I checked today at the hydro store and every other base nute lists Calcium, Sulfur, Iron, Boron, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Manganese and I believe some others as well. I checked all the other H&G nutes and none list any of these secondary or micro nutes. If I paid all this money for a third of the nutes I need I'm gonna just cut my losses now and switch.

My Ph meter is good but I'm gonna do it again today. I was making the mistake of mixing the A&B at the same time but that has been corrected and my plants are looking better but still super purple. I'm gonna look at Dutch Masters again because I liked what I saw today but bought this super cheap stuff instead. Cutting Edge Solutions, LLC $18 for a liter of Micro and a liter of Bloom. At least this has been registered with the state of CA and lists a lot more ingredients than H&G.

I'm walking away for now :)

T

trichome

from the aqua flakes page on h&g.us

Plus these go in rdwc buckets after veg...

I use RO and they have also stated on the website "you should add some back in if you take it all out" when asked about calmag

another problem is they state twice that it's "a complete nutrient" yet only list NPK and Mag on the A&B bottle. I checked today at the hydro store and every other base nute lists Calcium, Sulfur, Iron, Boron, Cobalt, Molybdenum, Manganese and I believe some others as well. I checked all the other H&G nutes and none list any of these secondary or micro nutes. If I paid all this money for a third of the nutes I need I'm gonna just cut my losses now and switch.

My Ph meter is good but I'm gonna do it again today. I was making the mistake of mixing the A&B at the same time but that has been corrected and my plants are looking better but still super purple. I'm gonna look at Dutch Masters again because I liked what I saw today but bought this super cheap stuff instead. Cutting Edge Solutions, LLC $18 for a liter of Micro and a liter of Bloom. At least this has been registered with the state of CA and lists a lot more ingredients than H&G.

I'm walking away for now :)

I was using canna and switched to h and g, have had nothing but problems. Ive also noticed they have very few ingredients listed on the bottle, i was wondering myself if they also have sulfur, boron etc... but its just not listed on the bottle?

If they do not have these things i will know why i have problems up the ass, and will promptly be switching back to canna.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I switched from AN to H@G and will never go back. I use the coco line for coco and i actually have been Phing after i add everything in and i have not had any problems. I feed mine according to the aggressive feeding chart and have never had a problem. I do run a flush of pure water with cutting edge plant amp and mag amp along with Great white micros once a week. Also i dont use ph down i use humic acid to lower my ph. Also i dont keep a rez i just make the nutes up each day unless im leaving in which case i will make up a rez and i use PH down because the humic wont hold the PH steady. As far as canna.. van zant, the owner of H@G created that company along with Bio bizz also. Canna is actually manufactured in H@g's facilities. Also H@G does have trace elements in it even though they are not listed on the bottle. If you are showing Defeciencies in veg are you using the Algen extract? I noticed my girls were a bit pale when i first started using H@g because the hydro store said that Algen is illeagle in U.S. to sell. I picked some up on ebay and never a problem since.

T

Thundurkel

WOW!!! Whats with all the H&G haters?? I LOVE this line of nutrients, I never had tastier prettier plants and I was told by my mentor that my purps killed our buddy's purps who follows the GH 3part line and additives like my mentor but I went with H&G. I've tried PBP, Flora Nova, Cutting Edge Solutions 3part and additives and NOTHING has kept multiple strains so lush and healthy as H&G!!! I used Cocos when I hand watered drain to waste but now that I'm on and E&F table with 2gal Eco Pots of coco I use Aqua Flakes with NO problems. I feed my moms 7ml of Aqua Flakes A&B,2ml of Bushdoctor's Kangaroots and Microbe Brew(couldn't get Roots Excel this time) and 1ml of General Organics Bio Weed (in place of Algen Extract) and I've never seen happier moms. Also Magic Green is like green paint for your plants I mean that shit will turn a yellow plant green over two nights it's amazing!

Funny how you guys are crying about low P when it's been proven that out plant we grow wants More N and K throughout flowering than it does P and that's EXACTLY what you get with H&G!! the trace elements don't HAVE to be listed. But trust me they are in there the Calcium is 11% in Aqua Flaks and 10% in Cocos along with Humic and Fulvic acids for better nutrient uptake.

As for H&G being made for RO water only that's a laugh cuz if that were the case EVERY gardener using it would HAVE to buy a RO machine and H&G does not think that is fair and it's made for use with tap water with around 100-200ppms. I see growers all the time adding tap water to the RO till the ppms are 100-150 then mix the base nutes ph to 5.5-5.8 add the additives and leave alone..... But if you use other shit that isn't with the H&G line you will need to ph the mix again after you mix the additives.

Top Bottom