H&G Top Booster VS AN's Over Drive?

• Thread starter kushsmoker30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushsmoker30

Any 1 have experience with both of these products? if so can u please tell me witch is better, i know AN's known for there shenanigans that aside if u had a bottle of both witch would u use?

dankworth

dankworth

Fuck overdrive. Ran that shit many times. Then Shooting Powder a few times. Then MOAB.
Get the MOAB.
Run your veg food til flowers appear in flowering, then run flowering food, then last two weeks of feeding run a reduced base + MOAB.
That's what I've been up to lately.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
i have never used the to booster but the overdrive works good for sure thats what i would use if i had to choose but honestly i'm gonna be trying canna pk 13/14 moab combo instead of the hammer head and see if the canna works better.

xrob415x

xrob415x

I have used both of these products. In my experience its hard to compare them because they are used differently. Overdrive is like a late bloom enhancer and is supposed to be used the last 2 weeks before final flush similar to shooting power, kool bloom or moab. The top booster is supposed to be used earlier in bloom around week 4-5 for a eight week strain. This is similar to how kool bloom has liquid for earlier bloom then the powder for late bloom. top booster is a pk additive with iron added into it. I have used it many runs and have had great results it also isnt very pricey! I have also tried overdrive. I used it one run then cut it from my additive list. I got better results from both mOab and shooting powder( both weight wise and quality wise). I used the overdrive in conjunction with the sensi AN base and didnt like my final results. There could be other variables at play here but the smell of that harvest was waaaaay weaker than my normal crops. Who knows maybe I wasnt rockin the AN to its true potential but I switched back to H&G since then and never looked back. So bottom line top booster and overdrive are kinda apples and oranges but I can recommend the Top Booster but I cannot stand behind the overdrive.

K

kushsmoker30

Thank's dankworth i've seen u say fuck shooting powder before go with Moab on here before, thats what got me thinking then figured better make a post n c da business.

ProdigyGrower let us know what find also r u using canna base nutes?

xrob415x Thank's for sharing ur findings G, i was told by a hydro store guy i can use AN's over D instead of H&G Top Booster. bottle says use weeks 5 and 6 or the last 2 of ur flowering phase Top Booster says week 5 on a 8 week feed chart, after rereading the OD bottle i do c what u mean. Thanks for pointing it out, looking like top booster n moab for me this time.

K

kushsmoker30

top booster is only supposed to be used for 3-4 days and then you start to use your preferred booster.
I used top booster this round and im not sure if I saw a difference to be honest

yea same here, altho i'm not sure i would c the diff from 1 day to da next cing as it's only used for 3 days by the time we add our booster it's more likely doing it's thing.

S

sicinsane

has anyone tried yellow bottle final bloom for their last 2 weeks of flower?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I know this thread is a little old but...
I am trying Heavy 16's Fire(their version of hammerhead) with moab...Hammerhead and Moab have work well in the past(at least I think they do..lol..I always wonder how much of a difference some products really do..especially if the plant already look great)

buddahslave

buddahslave

I know this thread is a little old but...
I am trying Heavy 16's Fire(their version of hammerhead) with moab...Hammerhead and Moab have work well in the past(at least I think they do..lol..I always wonder how much of a difference some products really do..especially if the plant already look great)
I just started using the Heavy 16 fire don't really know much of how to use it with other products, because I can't tell if its a bloom enhancer or a bloom stimulator or a flower hardener. I have overdrive but don't know if I can use it with the fire or is fire the same as big bud or what the fuck! It's all confusing and driving me crazy. My goal is to find one company to go with and stick to there entire line but every company seems to be lacking something. I hope we get some solid answers, i'm leaning towards Advanced Nutrients because they seem to be the most complete from beginning to end:bag:

Reebs

Reebs

it's a Bloom Enhancer/Maximizer. it comes in a white powder form and is best pre-mixed with water, and then added to res. i also have heard now that it's best to add it first to any res, except if silica is in the mix.

i have used MOAB for 4 cycles now and each time i've increased the amount i eventually get to and i've never seen any burn from it specifically or anything like that. the biggest diff i saw and noticed in the smoke was that the MOAB really helps bring out the flavor/smell of whatever strain your doing, ive also noticed the trichs getting taller or longer along with just more of them. this is based on the same strains just 4 diff cycles and increased amounts of MOAB each run.

its also cheap, lol and you can get a 5lbs. bucket of it like what i did for like under $200 depending on where you get it.

buddahslave

buddahslave

it's a Bloom Enhancer/Maximizer. it comes in a white powder form and is best pre-mixed with water, and then added to res. i also have heard now that it's best to add it first to any res, except if silica is in the mix.

i have used MOAB for 4 cycles now and each time i've increased the amount i eventually get to and i've never seen any burn from it specifically or anything like that. the biggest diff i saw and noticed in the smoke was that the MOAB really helps bring out the flavor/smell of whatever strain your doing, ive also noticed the trichs getting taller or longer along with just more of them. this is based on the same strains just 4 diff cycles and increased amounts of MOAB each run.

its also cheap, lol and you can get a 5lbs. bucket of it like what i did for like under $200 depending on where you get it.

if I use silica I can't use moab or any bloom enhancers?

E

Edinburg

I own a California light works cob bloom booster, best $400 I ever spent, I never switch my 2 cycle light to bloom, when ready to flower out of tent and under booster, then while plants are under booster I start another run, so I basically do perpetual grows.

Top Bottom