H202 The Do's And Don't's

• Thread starter Gardenguy2.0
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

Hey farm fam

So I've never used h202 before and I've recently partnered up with a friend who swears that it's harmless. I know I could easily look up product information, but I've been misled before

So I wanted to ask growers who use it, or are against using it, to leave some information here about h202. If it's harmful in any way shape or form, have you burned roots or leaves with it before. What do you use it for, what dont you use it for. Thanks again!

-Garden Guyeee

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

I would never use h202 in an organic soil grow... itll kill your beneficials
Good to know, see that's why I posted this I wanted to know what's up with the stuff. Can I still use it to clean around them?

How harmful to the leaves Is it if I get some on there?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Good to know, see that's why I posted this I wanted to know what's up with the stuff. Can I still use it to clean around them?

How harmful to the leaves Is it if I get some on there?
You can use it anywhere you want to clean up... just dont put it in organic grow soil. As far as getting it on leaves its not that big of a deal... people use it to get rid of pm

Bannacis

Bannacis

I use a little bit H2O2 if I'm soaking seeds, also in my fogger cloner. kills the bad stuff.
And as GT21 states keep it out of your organic medium. "It will keel"... any spray on leaves will not harm them, just cover the tops of your pots to keep out the drips.
It's good for cleaning, so is bleach.

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

You can use it anywhere you want to clean up... just dont put it in organic grow soil. As far as getting it on leaves its not that big of a deal... people use it to get rid of pm
Alright, I feel better about it now that I know a little something. I don't like using ANYTHING im not educated about. Seems super crazy.

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

I use a little bit H2O2 if I'm soaking seeds, also in my fogger cloner. kills the bad stuff.
And as GT21 states keep it out of your organic medium. "It will keel"... any spray on leaves will not harm them, just cover the tops of your pots to keep out the drips.
It's good for cleaning, so is bleach.
Sweet, thanks man. No no in the soil. Got it.

Good to see you around btw, it's been a long while since I been here brotha! Hope all is well

Limonene

Limonene

H202 is a must in recirc systems. I used to use it in the summer 24 hours before a tank change to kill any pathogens in root zones. It dissipates naturally 24 hours after application into your tank as well. But it will neutralize most organic products, hence why I'd use it just before a tank change.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
When I was working the aquatic ornamental shipping trade we would *often* receive in both fish and invertebrates (corals, anemones, various arthropods, molluscs like giant clams), and they often required an O2 boost upon arrival.

We would mix 5mls of 3% H2O2 per gallon of water and slowly drip that into the specimen trays. I've seen it bring back so many dying organisms that I think even if it *did* kill beneficials the effect would be limited.

Just my opinion of course, I haven't scoped or plated my ideas or anything like that. I'm just thinking that in certain stress scenarios a boost of O2 via a good watering might not always be a bad thing.

Bannacis

Bannacis

I would imagine that a few dripsof H2O2 into your medium would be harmless, I was wondering if you were using a non organic medium and nutes would the extra O2 help in the root zone?
So like with the same principle of adding CO2 to canopy, what if you used bottled pure O2 and had lines that ran under the pots and you add O2 when watering... With water in the medium the O2 would travel the water paths up and out.
Hmmmm!

Gardenguy2.0

Gardenguy2.0

I would imagine that a few dripsof H2O2 into your medium would be harmless, I was wondering if you were using a non organic medium and nutes would the extra O2 help in the root zone?
So like with the same principle of adding CO2 to canopy, what if you used bottled pure O2 and had lines that ran under the pots and you add O2 when watering... With water in the medium the O2 would travel the water paths up and out.
Hmmmm!
Whoa! Trippy idea!

I'm in organic soil and using "organic" bottle nutrients (as organic as bottled nutes can be I suppose)

Bannacis

Bannacis

You got to watch those bottle organics, ie...Liquid. they can throw the balance out of your microbes enviorment.
Chelated and or EDTA is rough on organics if present in your nutes.
Here's a good read from the Rev, cultivating editor of Skunk magazine. it's all about TLO...True Living Organics. Amazon.com
This is his revised edition:
https://www.amazon.com/True-Living-..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484032897&sr=8-1&keywords=tlo

This method is not new, its primarily his recipes and style. You feed the soil not the plant. requires good water (non tap)
or use RO water.
He has a great soil recipe, along same path as TGA...Subcools recipe. and other organic mixes out there. just different variations. peace....

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom