• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
H2O before nute mix??

What up farmers!! I remember reading an article sometime ago that stated giving the plants straight water a couple hours before feeding was beneficial.. I started thinking about this the other night and kind of came up with an idea..

Running beds I use a shit load of nute mix per bed(10 gallons) to get adequate run off for coco. To say the least it's kind of expensive lol.. Now, I was thinking what if I water with pure PH'd H20 first, then an hour later went back and hit them with 5 gallons of nute mix versus 10. This to me, in theory I suppose, says the plants would get a nice little flush to remove any excess buildups, then get hit with a fresh nute mix to replenish all the feeding needs.

What say you fellow farmers?? I am going to start doing it tonight and see what happens. I really cannot see anything negative at all coming from this, but who knows! Thanks!

:character0180:

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

I think they will like it. Funny, I've been thinking about doing this at the end of the day. I feed 4 time a day. I'm about to try feed 3 times water the 4th for the night then start back over the next day.

ttystikk

ttystikk

The important thing to look for here is whether the plants look like they're starving for nutrients. If you think aobut it, a few hundred PPMs of nutrients doesn't add up to a lot in terms of actual nutrient. One thousand parts per million is, by definition, one tenth of one percent in the solution...

If it is costing you a lot of money I think you should look at chagning the nutrients you use. A group of Farmers here are using JRPeters brand 'Jacks Professional Hydroponic' dry nutrients, with calcium nitrate and epsom salts. When we do a complete water changeout of a big RDWC- and by big, I mean 80 gallons!- we spend maybe $2.00 worth of nutes... Plus, we have the added advantage of knowing EXACTLY what's in the nutes we're putting into our system! No more voodoo juice mumbo jumbo.

Links to the JRPeters site are in the first post. And don't worry, the feeling silly cuz you realize you've been had by the AN guys wears off pretty quickly ;)

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
The important thing to look for here is whether the plants look like they're starving for nutrients. If you think aobut it, a few hundred PPMs of nutrients doesn't add up to a lot in terms of actual nutrient. One thousand parts per million is, by definition, one tenth of one percent in the solution...

If it is costing you a lot of money I think you should look at chagning the nutrients you use. A group of Farmers here are using JRPeters brand 'Jacks Professional Hydroponic' dry nutrients, with calcium nitrate and epsom salts. When we do a complete water changeout of a big RDWC- and by big, I mean 80 gallons!- we spend maybe $2.00 worth of nutes... Plus, we have the added advantage of knowing EXACTLY what's in the nutes we're putting into our system! No more voodoo juice mumbo jumbo.

Links to the JRPeters site are in the first post. And don't worry, the feeling silly cuz you realize you've been had by the AN guys wears off pretty quickly ;)

Maybe you are confused?? They still get fed full strength nutes.. They just get a nice little flushing right before they are fed.. I have been doing it since I posted this thread and the plants are absolutely loving it. I have tried dozens of nutes considering I worked in a dro shop the last couple years, and I have a buddy who using the jacks stuff.. We have both grown the same strains to compare and we both came to the same conclusion, the taste and smell were not as robust as my mix. I think I'll stick with my mix. Thank you for the suggestions, though!

:character0180:

Top Bottom