H2O2 for gnats??

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

and are the dunks ok to use in flowering sorry for all the questions its just these things are really starting to get under my skin i HATE seeing anything in my room that is not supposed to be there:mad:

Sailfishdan

Sailfishdan

bayer is not safe in flower sorry, well i dont know for sure but its a systemic so i doubt it.....I feed it to my mothers once every 2 months....i have used it for RA and fungus nats sucessfully

i have fed it to freshly transplanted clones as well, however i have always allowed for a min. of 90 days....meaning several weeks pre-flip

daliwarpaint

daliwarpaint

Cool do you know if i could use the dunks during flowering

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, you can use any Bt (Bacillus thuringiensis) product during flowering, all the way through, any subspecies, too.

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

I've had fungus gnats for a long time now and I'm fing SICK of them. I grow in coco and they love that shit. Also just started using fabric pots and they love those even more cause they can hang out on the soft wet surfaces and lay their friggin eggs :(
Seems like every new bag of coco I use, they're in there waiting to hatch. I know that the coco suppliers keep their stock open to the outside world, and they don't sterilize the stuff, so theyll just keep comin back :mad:
I've used BT (Gnatrol) ...that shit does nothing. Seems to make em happier.
I've tried Azatrol root drenches...nada. They hide too well. And esp. the ones on the bottom of the pots...
Hard-core chemicals like Bayer will work for a little while but they also nuke all your beneficials in the media and they can hurt your roots. Not so nice.
Dunks, same story. Nothin.
Go Gnats oil sprayed on the media and pot sides at 2.6 oz/gallon works well (smells nice too, hehe) but there again you're only killin the ones it touches, not the larvae inside the coco.

The search continues......

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

I've only had success by top-dressing w/ perlite. Half-inch to 1 inch is sufficient.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Interesting. The perlite has never worked for me with regard to fungus gnats. Now I'm wondering what they actually are. Maybe they're *not* fungus gnats. Nothing growing ATM, so no gnats in my plants in any event. I need to buy some potting soil, drill some Dixie cups, gotta get this show on the road!

mastagrowa

mastagrowa

Here's one big problem with top dressing: if you have pots with holes/screens in the bottom, that's where they'll get in if they can't get into the top of the pot....

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

What if you bake your soil/coco?? I heard that kills fungus gnats and other bugs. Its very time consuming, but I think its the only thing thats 100% effective.

Or you could just use coco bricks instead of loose, bagged coco, I've never seen gnats live in compressed anything. Thats why I've been using Sunshine #4, its a pain to break up, but no bugs.

squiggly

squiggly

Here's one big problem with top dressing: if you have pots with holes/screens in the bottom, that's where they'll get in if they can't get into the top of the pot....

You're not really trying to keep them out--you're actually trying to keep them in with a top dress. The larvae migrate upwards to try and escape the soil as they near adulthood. Keeping them from getting out interrupts the life-cycle and prevents new eggs from being laid and hatched.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^Yeap, keep them isolated so they don't spread to other pots.

When I had gnats I used a product from Lowe's, but I forgot the name of it. It said 'Fruits and Vegetables' and it was 'organic' and said it was safe up until harvest. I think it was the Bacillus stuff?? Anyways, I sprayed a ton of it on the top of my soil then watered it in, then sprayed more. It killed at least 90% of the gnats, but didn't destroy them. It did help alot though, just keep using it til harvest. Then wipe them out.

Kcar

Kcar

Gnatrol WDG - Granules you mix with your nute solution or water. BTI. Works. Takes 2 apps 7 - 10 days apart.
I use 1/2tsp per gal. It doesn't kill any adults. Only larvae.

Top Bottom