H2o2

• Thread starter steelyeyes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

What's the consensus on using the stuff?

I talked to some people that add it to their reservior every day to three days to kill algae and keep things clean.

Other people say that it kills off beneficial enzymes in the solution and that controlling light exposure to the nutrient solution and using something like Drip Clean is better.

I'd hate to spend good money Multi Zen from H&G and then remove any benefits it has with hydrogen peroxide.

My reservoirs are in a room where the lights are only on a few minutes a day when I'm checking my plants, pH, EC, etc. My tubing is all black and my pots don't let light hit the solution when it's flooding so I thought I'd give a it a go without using the stuff.

What are the rest of you doing?

C

Cygnus

I only use H2o2 if I am having a root problem. It does kill bennies.
That said,
I am done playing with all that crap in my res. I am going back to the sterile method that commercial growers use. Much less hassle and chance of losing yield due to funky roots.

S

scoobydoo

It adds o2 and kills bacteria good and bad. I would only use it if your having root rot issues, to clean or on a cut finger :)

H

HypnoToad

I use H2O2 but not the way everyone else does. I put a 5% solution with a catalyst in a product called the Oxydator. Basically, the catalyst somehow separates the extra O from the H2O2 and adds oxygen, chemically I guess, to the water. It works great for my compost tea. I put my BMO ferts in a 5 gallon bucket with PH balanced spring water, and molasses. I stick my oxydator in the bottom and leave it for 2-3 days. It seems to work because once its ready, my tea is yeasty and earthy smelling...signs that the good stuff eating the molasses I put in there. Also, the bucket walls are covered in tiny bubbles.

Peace,
HT

Latest posts

Top Bottom