h3ad 6/9, well water?

• Thread starter Lurkin4yrs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Hey guys I've been lurkin around for a while and have been using the 6/9 method for a while with ro. I'm getting tired to waisting water/money on the ro and was wondering if some one could help me out. I want to use my well water, Ive had my water tested and here is the results..

The results with "<" are too low to test, the values there is the lowest they test to.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Aluminum, total <0.05 mg/L
Antimony, total, low level <0.005 mg/L
Arsenic, total, low level 0.022 mg/L
Beryllium, total, low level <0.002 mg/L
Cadmium, total, low level <0.001 mg/L
Calcium, total 24.0 mg/L
Chromium, total <0.01 mg/L
Cobalt, total <0.02 mg/L
Copper, total <0.02 mg/L
Iron, total 0.05 mg/L
Lead, total <0.003 mg/L
Lithium, total <0.05 mg/L
Magnesium, total 20.4 mg/L
Manganese, total 0.068 mg/L
Mercury by EPA 1631 <0.025
Molybdenum, total <0.02 mg/L
Nickel, total <0.02 mg/L
Potassium, total 0.9 mg/L
Selenium, total <0.005 mg/L
Silver, total <0.005 mg/L
Sodium, total 132 mg/L
Strontium, total 0.30 mg/L
Thallium, total, low level <0.002 mg/L
Tin, total <0.1 mg/L
Zinc, total 0.153 mg/L
Bacteria, E. coli Negative
Bacteria, total coliform Negative
Bromide 0.26 mg/L
Chloride 85.9 mg/L
Conductivity 872
Fluoride <0.5 mg/L
Hardness 144 mg/L (as CaCO3)
Hardness (gpg) 8.4 grains/gallon
Nitrogen, nitrate <0.1 mg/L
Nitrogen, nitrite <0.5 mg/L
PH 7.9 S.U.
Sulfate 15 mg/L
Tot. diss. solids, estimated 584 mg/L

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Hmm mabe I put this in the wrong section, can anyone point me in the right direction? I'll try to post in a custom salts thread.

Thanks

derkaderk

derkaderk

I'm normally a big advocate against RO water because of waste.

...that being said....use the RO....

The start values of sodium and chloride are too high iMO.

Anyone know if it's possible to cut the well water with RO? Like 50/50? I don't remember if the values can be cut by volume....but this leaves you with the problem of guessing what's in your water.

What about rain water? Does it rain much where you live? @Lurkin4yrs

derkaderk

derkaderk

Good to know @piehole .

Some years my well water is way out of range, so what you suggested is a good alternative for me as well as the OP.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Thanks guys I knew you were out there haha, yea I'm getting tired of wasting all that water! What is the filter system on amazon(piehole)? I figured I'd do the water test but I didn't know it would come back in Chinese lol.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Thanks for the info on the arsenic @piehole glad I don't drink the water haha, would a booster cause my ro to waste less water? I'm planing on ramping up a little I'm roughly using 150-170 gal a week and I plan to double that pretty much, it just hurts to see that much water goin down the "drain". I've been using tap for my mothers mabe I'll stop using it for them, some times I'll have random problems and I'm guessing it's the water.

Thanks again guys
-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I have a few extra housings for filters mabe I can make my own? My ro has 2 sediment filters and a coconut carbon block filter, I checked the water befor the membrane and it dropped mabe 10-20 ppm

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Ima test my water pressure today, but I'll prob pick up that pump you have as well.

Thanks again brother
-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

i been getting mine at my local do it center because mine are double stacked and these guys get me one piece doubles so no connector between the 2 filters.i just use 2 of those in a carbon and one in the spun cotton.but the carbons are what remove chlorine and some of the other nasties,the cotton is more to just clean it up before it hits the carbon,like rust and sediment.but like i said i still run r/o because i still have unknowns in there and my plants never liked that water.my outdoor garden does fine with it though,just veggie garden.

Thanks brother
-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Update: I just bought that pump, also checked my water pressure it at 45psi(hope the pump helps lol). I think ima start feeding my mothers RO, you guys think I should add some calmag+ and super thrive every watering or just cut it 50/50.There in coco loco.

Thanks guys
-lurkin

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

Update: I just bought that pump, also checked my water pressure it at 45psi(hope the pump helps lol). I think ima start feeding my mothers RO, you guys think I should add some calmag+ and super thrive every watering or just cut it 50/50.There in coco loco.

Thanks guys
-lurkin

Do they look like they need calmag+? I use Superthrive for newly rooted clones - so it's up to you. Ask yourself why first. For moms I would consider a tea, even if its plain old fish & kelp brewed in some RO.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Do they look like they need calmag+? I use Superthrive for newly rooted clones - so it's up to you. Ask yourself why first. For moms I would consider a tea, even if its plain old fish & kelp brewed in some RO.

They were lookin rootbound lol, I root pruned them and transplanted them in new coco loco. I'll look into the teas, once a week I normally give them a medium dose of nutes.

-lurkin

Top Bottom