Canuck Blueberry
IMG 20170826 204224
IMG 20170826 204208
IMG 20170826 204118

A White Widow bud
IMG 20170826 204254

1816 House

1816 House

ok, well, had some issues with a couple of buds, on the Aurora Indicas, sooo, chopped, rough trimmed, hung to dry... it was an early chop unfortunately, two plants completely filled a 2x2 drying tent...
also did a complete res change tonight.
Hey, too bad about Aurora Indica. Glad you still have some clones popping.
That was a tough humid spell, the RH has been 75-90 for what, 6 -8 weeks now and finally dropped to 50-55 the last couple days and is staying there.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Hey, too bad about Aurora Indica. Glad you still have some clones popping.
That was a tough humid spell, the RH has been 75-90 for what, 6 -8 weeks now and finally dropped to 50-55 the last couple days and is staying there.

yeah, I didn't lose a ton, but I did have to harvest a little earlier than I would have liked to (about 2 weeks early)...
yeah, the humidity over the last few weeks have been brutal but really nice now, just in time for drying...

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

How many colas do you aim for with those, and what was your heights before bloom? I was reading 12 to 18 inches but I upsized to a 4x8 like yourself and have the space to do so. I also noticed it seems like you just top and let the plant do its thing, I'm over here topping and doing LST but if it makes sense to top and go I'd try that out if it helps the yield

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

How many colas do you aim for with those, and what was your heights before bloom? I was reading 12 to 18 inches but I upsized to a 4x8 like yourself and have the space to do so. I also noticed it seems like you just top and let the plant do its thing, I'm over here topping and doing LST but if it makes sense to top and go I'd try that out if it helps the yield

I don't really count the number of colas or have a set amount I try for. I just top everything I can at two weeks and then top again at four weeks and that's it. I really haven't done any LST as the plants spread out pretty good by themselves. I might try LST this time to see if I do get more colas... I don't know, I ended up with 5+ zips per plant and I believe I can do better because these plants were a bit nutrient deprived because of my recycling feed setup. I'm going to adjust this before my next bloom cycle.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I don't really count the number of colas or have a set amount I try for. I just top everything I can at two weeks and then top again at four weeks and that's it. I really haven't done any LST as the plants spread out pretty good by themselves. I might try LST this time to see if I do get more colas... I don't know, I ended up with 5+ zips per plant and I believe I can do better because these plants were a bit nutrient deprived because of my recycling feed setup. I'm going to adjust this before my next bloom cycle.
Don't change a damn thing, Ive been doing LST on every plant since I've switched to dwc. I actually went back and read this whole post again and saw you got that much off of your grows was impressive for sure especially since you weren't doing any LST. I'm topping this time to see if my results come out like yours, I know it's strain dependent, but I usually grow them about 12 inches and flip, best I've got is 2.5 ozs off my Glueberry. My philosophy is that I gotta aim to top and veg until they're 20 inches at least. But your garden looks like it took over for just six plants lol

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Don't change a damn thing, Ive been doing LST on every plant since I've switched to dwc. I actually went back and read this whole post again and saw you got that much off of your grows was impressive for sure especially since you weren't doing any LST. I'm topping this time to see if my results come out like yours, I know it's strain dependent, but I usually grow them about 12 inches and flip, best I've got is 2.5 ozs off my Glueberry. My philosophy is that I gotta aim to top and veg until they're 20 inches at least. But your garden looks like it took over for just six plants lol

yeah, the six plants pretty much took over the full 4x8 tent.

Hydro head

Hydro head

All looking very nice, shame about the bud rot, y don't u run a dehumidifier to help keep ur rh down in mid to late flower, great grow though especially as it's ur second, well done buddy

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

yeah, I need to figure that out. I caught the bud rot fairly early so I could get rid of it and not effect the rest of the tent. I really didn't loose a lot, maybe 5 bud tops in total, but I did have to harvest the Aurora Indica a little early (at 7 weeks). The rh right now is in the 30s, so I shouldn't have anymore issues(fingers crossed). Next Wednesday will be the start of the 10th week, so I'm hoping to harvest the rest next week.

Then I'll have 3 weeks to make the bloom tent modifications I'm planning before I have to load it back up with more girls };-)

Plans:
- no light modifications.
- re-route the nutrient feed line to be more evenly distributed amongst the buckets.
- replacing the 4" exhaust fan with a better 6" vortex blower.
- adding air stones to all the buckets (only had 2 stones in the reservoir as an experiment)
- adding more internal air circulation, I want a flippen hurricane in my tent from now on };-)

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

great grow though especially as it's ur second, well done buddy
and thanks for the compliment...

it was two years of reading/research before I grew my first plant. I wanted to wait until Mass became legal before starting.

I did pop off a small Blueberry bud and semi-dried it... I vaped it last night and it tasted/smelled much different than my Aurora. Tasted much more floral/potpourri... and the effects were Indica awesome. };-)

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

9 weeks:2 days of bloom and still not a ton of cloudy trichomes. I've had the light cycle at 10.5/13.5 for 10 days now and I've been topping with just water for 10 days... the upper fan leaves are almost all yellow and falling off... These lovely ladies are pretty stubborn... I'm chopping tomorrow regardless.

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

Congrats man. They look like some good smoke. Those ladies busted out.
Thanks,
we shall see, I'm sure that will be fine. The chopped plants were so heavy, I had a hard time keeping the cargo net supported inside the tent... of course they will be much lighter once they dry a bit, lol

h4ppyf4rmer

h4ppyf4rmer

ok, just trimmed the white widow (one plant) and it weighed out to:
3.85 Oz of bud in the jar,
1.8 Oz of trim for butter/oil

not great but I didn't expect too much from this plant.
all I have left is to do a final trim on the three blueberry plants.

Top Bottom