H8's Closet

• Thread starter HighBurn8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Hiya fellow farmers.

Just thought I'd start a thread here so I could use it as a reference later on if need be.

I am using canna coco and chunky perlite as my medium and im using 3 gal. buckets this time round' to finish them out in. I've used 2 gal. buckets in the past with great results, but I just wanted to see how big a difference there was with bigger and fewer plants.

For nutes Im using GH nova grow in veg and Nova Bloom for flower.
with these i add;
cal-mag
floraliscious plus
molasses
hygrozyme
pro-tekt
and liquid koolbloom (weeks 3-5 once a week)

I try and keep my EC pretty much the same through out the entire grow @ 1.2 although once in a while there is a small spike in the EC especially when I add the koolbloom but usually I'll cut the base nute in half when adding any boosters to keep the EC in check.

Veggers3 001
H8s closet 2
H8s closet 3
B

bluewaves

Very nice set up....simple..good idea on them cans ..happy growing...
BW

bloads

bloads

No runoff, just handwatering and careful not to overwater?

I like this thread, just as a few others like Mittenmedgrow have shown, it's definitely possible to run coco w/no runoff.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Thanks Bluewaves.

Bloads..., I ALWAYS make sure there's enough runoff when I water. At least 20% if not more....and all of it goes to the outdoor plants and veggies and they are absolutely loving it.

These trashcans were converted into hempy style buckets with a small hole drilled about an inch or so from the bottom to allow sufficient drainage so I can see where the confusion came from. lol

I know the nova line can def acquire salt build up if the medium is not flushed properly every watering. Also, the PH is moderately stable when using nova but it will gradually lower as the ppms in the rootzone increase which is usually due to not watering until there is sufficient runoff.
So it all kinda ties together.

I

ibTheMan

Looks good But, you need to put some drainage holes in them garbage cans and big, grow shop coaster things which i cant think of the name but they go under your buckets, youll need to do Run-Off at some point.

HighBurn8

HighBurn8

Thanks ibthaman, But as I mentioned already, I DO have a hole at the bottom of the bucket and I DO get Runoff....EVERY watering...

btw, I never said Anything about Not having drainage holes. That was Bloads who started that rumor. lol

bloads

bloads

Thanks ibthaman, But as I mentioned already, I DO have a hole at the bottom of the bucket and I DO get Runoff....EVERY watering...

btw, I never said Anything about Not having drainage holes. That was Bloads who started that rumor. lol

My bad :itwasntme

Top Bottom