Had inspection, forced to harvest early, need advice

• Thread starter smokey_waters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokey_waters

Hi,
So yeah, I had 12 hours notice to harvest and break down room- sucked! Blue dream in UC- had to harvest end of 8 weeks, was gonna run another 1 1/2 weeks.

So I need to know how to compensate for this during the drying/curing phase-
They were in bags in my car for one day, now they're hanging upside down in my tent in optimal conditions (I rebuilt the tent after the inspection- sucked!) I now have up to 3 weeks to dry/cure

Does leaving the fan leaves and other leaves on while it dries help compensate for harvesting early

Right now I have only cut a few branches- big colas, and they are hanging individually, I could theoretically start cutting branches from the plants hanging upside down... Should I???

Any other info. on what else I can do during the dry/cure phase would be appreciated.

Thx,

philly kush

philly kush

Smoke,that sucks i was in a similar situation a few months ago,sorry 2 hear u had 2 do this.I got a phone call from my so called partner sayin everything had ta go ASAP I had 2 take down whole set up myself with broken ankle in the freezin pourin rain!Anyway i would just trim everything up hang em n cure the ladies its only 1 1/2 wk early if u check tri's with scope im pretty sure they r right about there,i hope everything works out 4 u,as 4 me i set everything back up that same day n bin ok since then.PEACE SMOKE

phenotyper

phenotyper

I remember you said you sprayed eagle 20 about 4 weeks ago. That bud is still poison, it is systemic. Throw it in your trash and try next time to produce better medecine. I come off like a dick, but seriously, smoking that stuff will cause serious harm to whoever inhales it. Sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar eats you.

EDIT: I could be mistaken. He edited his post after I gave him shit for it to claim it was greencure,

lazarus718

lazarus718

I remember you said you sprayed eagle 20 about 4 weeks ago. That bud is still poison, it is systemic. Throw it in your trash and try next time to produce better medecine. I come off like a dick, but seriously, smoking that stuff will cause serious harm to whoever inhales it.
If what pheno is saying is true then trash it bro. Systemics aren't to be messed with, there is literally crap out there that can alter your DNA. I'm not familiar with your grow at all so that's my two cents on that one. As far as if you should leave the fans on or not if you have 3 weeks to cure...get every bit of plant matter that is not bud off of your stalks and hang the stalks up individually and not as a whole plant. Then after 7 days or so pop them into jars and you are good to go. The cure will take about a month but you should be able to move your harvest less conspicuously once its in jars. I don't know what your 3 week deadline entails. And no, leaving the leaves on will not compensate for harvesting early, it will only result in your crop retaining the chlorophyll and smelling and tasting like grass.

S

smokey_waters

I appreciate the concern w/ eagle 20 and I understand PM is an issue worth discussing, but on this thread I'm really looking for dry/curing advice to offset an early harvest by 1- 1 1/2 weeks.

So far I have whole plants hanging upside down and am not sure, since I harvested early, whether to separate the branches and separate the fan leaves now (which from the feedback I've been getting is the way to go) or wait, considering it's an early harvest.

Thx,

sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I would limb them and hang the limbs
The large fan leaves can be pulled off but keep the smaller stuff to protect your buds
You should be fine

O

onaeun

I would pull all major fan leaves and cut by the branch off the stalk, and hang them in a well controlled environment. I woulda done this as soon as I had to chop though instead of waiting all this time. But as far as what I'd really do, I'd probably run everything into shatter or budder. You harvested early..ick. Sorry it happened to you, but Id rather have a grade connies rather than improperly flushed herb

S

smokey_waters

Thx, but I'm definitely not turning them into budder or whatever. I'm just interested in the dry/cure process to compensate for the early harvest and it seems a longer dry might be the way to go.

hiboy

hiboy

Am i losing my mind,.. didnt u already have a thread about this
?
h

H

hogan400

EAGLE20....problems if even close to 30 days. Be careful smokey.
Greencure, thats bicarbonate, the hardening agent in crack rock..... hahaha... you know some of you smoked that before by the posts we see every once in while!

Latest posts

Top Bottom