had power blackout during flowering, are my plants ok?

• Thread starter bonerface
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bonerface

Hi guys, the power in my area went out this am one hour before my girls were scheduled to go to bed. It flipped all our switches, I caught it instantly because we lost all power. Ran and flipped the switches back on and probably lost all power for a max of 2-3 minutes. I know this is really bad for my bulb but im worried about the plants alot more since I intend on bulb replacement every grow. Will this affect my ladies in any way? They are in soil and were all clones.

Also, should I have just left it off and ate the extra hour of darkness? Thanks!

G

Green Supreme

If you don't have a hermie prone strain, it should not be a problem. Good luck. Peace GS

A

alamony

I agree with the above. If its not easily stressed out no worries. Being from Sunny Central Valley, power outages can be common. It has never turned my plants into mutants. =)

I got an emergency flood light at home depot for like 100 bucks. It has a sensor that tells if power fails and dual lights turn on for 30 minuets on its on battery. PLENTY enough to keep the girls going with out major problems.

Good luck my friend!

S

StealthBomb

our favorite plant is photo tropic but is affected by the amount of light. so a little extra dark time shouldn't hurt her think a rain shower or a cloudy day. as long as your lights don't run extra time you should be ok.

Top Bottom