Hail Hydro 2.0: New Beginnings

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

One from my newest seed drop is already 2" tall, another is working its way out of the coco, and a 3rd hasn't cleared the coco yet

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

UPDATE

Until I double wrapped the mist pump in nylon I was unclogging the mist heads every couple hours. And if I left for 5+ hours I would come back to find roots suffering VERY BADLY!

Somehow the plants survived, and have no reason to look as good as they do, other than because of the O2G. I mean how in hell can the plants look so healthy with such miniscule root systems?

4/6 of my seeds (Blueberry Cheesecake/G13 male) popped within 24/48 hours using the same technique as I did with the super expensive seeds: not one cracked!

Can you imagine spending $1k+ and trying to explain that to the seller

IMG 4476
IMG 4475
IMG 4474
IMG 4477

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I finally added more mist heads in expectation of broadening the coverage to the roots. One of the plants started losing its lower leaves, the net pot was dry, dry, dry, partially due to clogging

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am tired of getting clogged mist heads, though I MAY have solved it- Finally!

To be safe, I broke down and put the new seedlings into my trusty DIY bubbler with 4 air stones

Also, I added fresh bloom nutes to the main plant solution
IMG 4478
IMG 4479
IMG 4480

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

UPDATE

When I added more mist heads I simply used longer pvc which made the pump unstable. To compensate I replaced the end cap with a leg. I didn't realize thaat the leg had a mist hole drilled, so when I tested it, water came squirting out. I plugged it with a different mister (rainhead) and I THINK it is acting as a pressure release, expelling would be mineral salts that were clogging the mist heads

My brain remains in total disconnect between the amount o roots vs the size of the 3 plants.

Now getting some new roots growth and lateral roots (root hairs). This is from the plant in front!

It has to be the O2G

IMG 4494
IMG 4495
IMG 4496
IMG 4497
IMG 4498

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

FYI: After posting the pictures yesterday, i noticed how much bigger the newer primary leafs are, even though the new roots are barely sticking out of the net pots

I added a gallon of fresh mixed Emerald Harvest nutes

I moved one of the 2 O2G emitters to the babies DIY bubbler a couple weeks ago.

My reason for buying the 2020 (it has 2 emitters). allows me to put them in separate ~3.5 gallon rezes

Yes, it's definite overkill in my <3 gallon bubbler, but I doubt it hurts anything. These babies 'seem' to be developing 3r leaf set a lot faster then normal

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Yesterday I defoled most of the older primary leafs, leaving a few near the top of each plant

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

The 3 babies look to be males, so I just dropped 7 Indicia seeds that I crossed from 12/2011

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

UPDATE

I had to dump nutes, clean the filters, and make fresh nutes because a freakin' mosquito got into the rez. Been swat zapping mosquitoes all morning

2 days ago I dropped 7 seeds in water. All of them cracked, gave them another 24 hours for the tap root to stick out, and planted them in coco pellets this morning

One of things I overlooked when putting this pvc manifold together was aligning the mist heads directly below the net pots. Now it should not have been critical as when the mist heads aren't clogged, they throw a wide spray

IMG 4499
IMG 4505
IMG 4504
IMG 4503
IMG 4500
IMG 4501
IMG 4502

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

So far, in just 4 days, 6/7 popped seeds have broken ground :cool:

Roots are developing in all 3 flowering plants

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Somehow I neglected to date stamp first pistils, but backtracking through this thread, it looks like somewhere in the 3rd week of October= ~ only 3 weeks ago. Seems like a lot of bud development in a short span, no?

Hail O2Grow

IMG 4506
IMG 4507
IMG 4509
IMG 4510

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I just added 2 gallons mixed with Emerald Harvest bloom nutes + enzymes + yucca= 750ppm, up from 500ppm

Considering who well bud development is at 500, it will be interesting to see how much more they blow up

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

UPDATE

PPM check this morning ppm dropped to ~ 650- sweet

I had to snap 2 more tops to minimize bleaching due to low height in this tent

Roots are definitely getting more mass per plant
dance013.gif

I raised the bubbler closer to the light as there is a lot of stretch

IMG 4511
IMG 4512
IMG 4513
IMG 4515

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I ordered cococoir brick, which I will break down and side fill up to the top of the coco pellets. This allows the lateral roots a place to grow

I made up another gallon to bring the rez up, now 800ppm

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

My organic coco coir bricks arrived. Man they swell up big with warm water

side filled all 6 of the babies

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Now that I finally have some decent roots I am working on dialing in the o/o cycles.

Seems they've been getting too much on cycle (1.5 minutes) so I dropped it to ~ 0.5 minutes with a 10 minute pause.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I think it's important to have before root pictures. I will take more as I see significant improvement/bulk

IMG 4521
IMG 4522
IMG 4523

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

forgot to mention, not that it was needed, but, 2 days ago I dumped the nutes in the bubbler.

Top Bottom