Hail Hydro!

• Thread starter PhatNuggz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Great idea on the igloo cooler! That should keep things a lot er.... cooler! :)

I can go the whole 12 hours (lights on during flower) without changing it out. When I was using the kitty litter tub, had to change blue ice every 2 hours, which made it difficult to leave for long

JMcG

JMcG

Yeah, that sounds like a PITA.
Iassume that you have done as much insulating and shading as possible?
Only during the summer months do I have to cool my solutions. And even then I don't try too hard... not saying it's the way to go, but I have let my water temps get up into the low 80s ( in extreme cases) and still kept decent growth. Lots of circulation and airation seems to help.
I do live in the mountains though, probably cooler and drier than most have to deal with. I know I dodge many bullets up here!

JMcG

JMcG

A good read!
My VPD is always low.
It doesn't really show signs until week five of flower and usually ends up with some leaf canoeing by the end.
Still get good yields tho, and lots of frost. I read that low VpD is good for resin production as the plant tries to defend itself.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Another reason why my leafs are far from pristine (including the younger fruiting plants), I have been spraying leafs several time each day, in spite of reading that spraying should only be done in the morning (when stomatas are open)

Vapor Pressure Deficit (VPD) can be compared with a rev-counter in a car. As the engine speed increases, the needle on the rev-counter turns and enters the red zone. This will not damage the motor immediately, but it will if the car continues to drive like this for a prolonged period. The same applies for plants: when the VPD is too high for a longer period of time, the plant is not able to recover the subsequent night and irreversible plant damage can occur (burned leaves or petals).

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Harvested some of the lowest branches @ 105gm trimmed, which should dry to ~ 25gms= 1oz+

Additionally there is roughly the same weight below the typical lollipop canopy. I will harvest that later

I seriously doubt cutting all that back to lollipop would make up for this potential loss

IMG 3812
IMG 3814

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

I am ~ 50 days from first pistils, and still no cloudy or amber trichs

I decided to go dark after taking lower branches this morning

Will check trichs tomorrow (doubt there will be any change) and keep harvesting, working my way up to the top colas

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

After putting her in the dark and flushing with water only for 5 days I harvested her over the last 3 days. The problem with trichs not turning could be not enough CW light in the S600

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's a few pics of a few of the harvested Diesel buds, G13 ladies, and young Diesel seedlings in my DIY Shallow Water Culture

IMG 3833
IMG 3834
IMG 3830
IMG 3831
IMG 3832
IMG 3829

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

After the long flowering without cloudy or amber trichs on the Diesel, it occurred to me that I have 2 BML supplemental led light bars, so I added them in the SE 250 tent 2 days ago. I placed them vertically in the 2 front corners

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

wow, overnight the 2 plants under the P3 took a big jump toward finishing. I checked trichs with my scope, but they have a ways to go

I decided to drain both rezes and mix a simple ripening mix of EH Micro and Bloom nutes + DM Zone

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Weight of dried bud from lowest branches under SPYDR 600. I tested it, gonna be awesome in a few weeks of proper curing
Lowest bud 38gms

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

These 3 are almost done. 6 seedlings tap roots on 3/31 are coming along nicely. Starting their 2nd set of leafs

Seeds were popped on 1/11, first pistils appeared on 2/12. Alas, no signs of cloudy or amber trichs. May be an issue with sat dom plants?

The lone plant under the SE 250 was pollinated on ~ 3/10

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

In an attempt to get the trichs to turn I cut off the main cobs, now only using the P3 rings, but on the other plant (under the SE 250) I am using the rings plus the 2 supplemental bars

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Thanks, the G13 x WW under the SE 250 with the supplemental BML bars is definitely getting frosty, but not the 2 same strain plants under the P3.

Looks like the 2 BML supplemental bars I employed during flower are making a big difference.

What took me so long to employ them?
wallbash.gif

Last edited:
PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Here's a close up of a frosty bud and one of the 2 bars. N
IMG 3842
IMG 3843
ote the blues and reds

Top Bottom