Hairs turned brown after foliar

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

So my plants caught some white flies from the neighboring bush. I didnt wanna do anything but i kept seeing eggs and more flies daily so I hit them with 1 treatment of mammoth canncontrol 2 days later i got a bunch of brown hairs where i had very few before. Is this any issues? On mammoth bottles says can use up to 2-3 weeks before harvest

Will i be able to smoke my buds after having infestation? So sad this is my first grow and they are some juicy looking buds :(

Hairs turned brown after foliar
Hairs turned brown after foliar 2
Hairs turned brown after foliar 3

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

They look good to me, i have only used cannacontrol. It helped with a mild aphid problem. Your bud looks fine to me. Hairs should be darking now anyway.

Reactions: Siz
K

Kamisama

yes, its fine.
U ll need to cure them after, these bugs will not survive in colder temperature for example. So try lotus curing in wine fridge or u can wash them and then dry.

Siz

Siz

yes, its fine.
U ll need to cure them after, these bugs will not survive in colder temperature for example. So try lotus curing in wine fridge or u can wash them and then dry.

Do you mean wash them to make hash?

Siz

Siz

They look good to me, i have only used cannacontrol. It helped with a mild aphid problem. Your bud looks fine to me. Hairs should be darking now anyway.

Have you used it late in flower? Any notice on taste of buds?

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Have you used it late in flower? Any notice on taste of buds?
i used it more in veg, i sprayed some bottom buds and leaves this round. I will know soon enough if it leaves a taste

A

alpha.ganjaguy

cannacontrol scares me..

Oleic acid
May be harmful if absorbed through the skin. Prolonged or repeated contact may dry/defat the skin and cause irritation. Ingestion: May cause irritation of the digestive tract. Inhalation: Causes respiratory tract irritation.

thyme oil
Excessive smoking of Thyme can have some side effects on your mind and body. Thyme can cause headaches, hypotension, and muscle weakness and can lead to skin allergies. It can cause possible issues during pregnancy, decrease the effects of estrogen, and may cause asthma.

I have to imagine corn oil is not good either, prob carcinogenic? the scary thing about a lot of these companies and their products is they only check the research for them being safe to consume, when you smoke them, you are not consuming them in the sense that has been tested. imo, be safe, try not to use late in flower despite their claims and bud wash to reduce risks

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Nice grow, looks like you may have a bit of bud rot. Be sure to be diligent, but I hope I’m wrong. It’s in your close up kola shot! It looks a bit gray/brownish.

IMG 2282
Siz

Siz

Better focused shot of it!
Not sure! Its my first grow so ive never experienced it. Thought it was pest because theres little black dots and tiny holes on the leaf. Here is a close up. Its the only spot i can find on the whole plant.

8DF62CE4 BB7C 4215 94B4 FCF39D28D58F

A

alpha.ganjaguy

Thought it was pest because theres little black dots and tiny holes on the leaf. Here is a close up. Its the only spot i can find on the whole plant.
pests often lead to bud rot issues, their poo helps bad stuff grow, you'll want to get in there and examine.. spread the bud apart, see if any nasty-ness is present.. below is a link that should help with identifying it. if it is you'll want to cut that bud off the plant and get rid of it before spores spread it around

www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/bud-rot

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
So my plants caught some white flies from the neighboring bush. I didnt wanna do anything but i kept seeing eggs and more flies daily so I hit them with 1 treatment of mammoth canncontrol 2 days later i got a bunch of brown hairs where i had very few before. Is this any issues? On mammoth bottles says can use up to 2-3 weeks before harvest

Will i be able to smoke my buds after having infestation? So sad this is my first grow and they are some juicy looking buds :(

View attachment 2056676View attachment 2056677View attachment 2056678
Yes brown hairs/orange hairs very common upon foliar applications. You can experience this mid flower and see more new white pistils pop up afterwards. I agree with others. Plant looks nice, let her finish well and see where you are before you full hash it. But if you do have any worries, you are 100% ok making hash from practically any sort of plant damage. Doing well my dude 👍

Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Sorry if I was correct, but you can manage it to the finish line if you are aware. Cut out any parts that are bad and even slightly around it. The losses you take now will prevent total loss later. When they are done, a diluted H2O2 bath to clean the buds before hanging is a great idea. You take a storage style tub, fill is with water put in hydrogen peroxide and actually submerge and swish the buds and branches around. Gets off all the nastiness!!

Siz

Siz

I an unable to tell as I am inexperienced with this but thats the only spot on both plants. There are some caterpillars i caught and took off and no more white flies.

I wish I put these in a little green house tent. I took them outside because my indoor tent got full fast, but this same strain is looking so much better outdoors. Idk if it had a virus or pest issues but I got a lot of weird shapes leaves growing.

Outdoor corrected itself but the indoor not so much. I looked it up when it first happened and I thought it was a tobacco virus because I smoke backwoods and I most probably touched the plants. I asked the cultivator if the strain and he said it wasnt so I have no clue.

This was when i first spoted it in veg.
85C75A36 4832 4C5D A891 CB1F4BB62609

Top Bottom