Haiti

• Thread starter SUPERBABY
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SUPERBABY

Haiti is one of the poorest countries in the world..last time I looked, thier yearly per capita income is right around $300...yes, that's right..$300 per year per adult..

There are thousands dead and injured in this impoverished country...

what can you do?

I'm on a fixed income at the moment so a $10 donation is a somewhat big deal for me, but it is an even bigger deal for those in need...

if you've never participated in a charitable donation or event, why not start now? It aint a bad way to start the New Year:)

disclaimer: I am not afffiliated with any charitable organization in any way..BE aware for scammers that try to take advantage of situations like this..only donate to known charitable organizations and never to an unsolicited e mail

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

My city is havin a bunch of ways to donate since it's the largest Haitian population in the U.S. outside of Haiti. They are accepting donations of 5 dollars if anyone is interested.

JollyGreen

JollyGreen

I think we as a nation should try to help out in some way or another. So if anyone can donate in any way, please do... if it's money, water, canned goods or clothes. Please try to do something, I'm sure no matter how bad or good you have it, Some one always has it worst!

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

Maybe we can get a THCFARMER Hati relief fund account on PayPal started....
All us THCfarmers can pitch in anything we can afford....
Im way down to help out...

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe we could have some Haiti charity auctions here at the farm...

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Becarefull who u gives ur money to, I remember the stunami most of the money went in crooks pocket!! Very sad! Our hard earned money! I freak out when i heard that. I won't send money again. But if they ask for close, food and anyting material i will definately help.

I hope this won't stop some of u to send money, i just got a bad experience...

C

cooda

unfortunately a friend of mine just told me a story, he was asked to do a humanitarian mission in Haiti, he couldnt do it because of school, but they didnt even tell him what the mission was. I have feeling, just knowing the guy, that if they would have, he would have went.

Terrible thing. there are hundreds, if not thousands, of people there that are still alive, just trapped under debris.

D

death machine

1st off i think that we should take care of the homeless and the folks that are starving in the good ole usa before we start dumping huge amounts of money some were else.the way the economy is here we cant afford to take care of our own never mind a 3rd world country,let some 1 else bail em out. thats just my opinion

S

SUPERBABY

really?

1st off i think that we should take care of the homeless and the folks that are starving in the good ole usa before we start dumping huge amounts of money some were else.the way the economy is here we cant afford to take care of our own never mind a 3rd world country,let some 1 else bail em out. thats just my opinion

the richest country in the world should ignore others in need? ......really?

wow..I love differences of opinion, but we have the money to help...people are perishing in utter misery and starvation and thirst...we should ignore it and "let someone else take care of it"?

what if everyone took that attitude?

What ever happened to setting an example to the rest of the world?

(are you out there volunteering or donating money for the homeless if that's your cause? )
bummer

B

Boots Sugarleaf

I can't believe this post...grow up, and educate yourself....and have some empathy, and thank Jah that no one you love is in that mess right now, I bet you would not say what you said if your daughter or mother was in that mess...that is all I am gonna say about your ignorant post

Please, people, if you can donate to the red cross, even a dollar is gonna help....seriously

~Be well and give thanx

B

bdawgburner

Guys only 3% of the losses in haiti are insured and 1/2 of that is auto. These people really need as much help as they can get. Text Haiti to 90999 and it will bill your cellphone $10. Its definetely a worthy cause. Think of how much you spend on seeds, thats the price of 1.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

I can't believe this post...grow up, and educate yourself....and have some empathy, and thank Jah that no one you love is in that mess right now, I bet you would not say what you said if your daughter or mother was in that mess...that is all I am gonna say about your ignorant post

Please, people, if you can donate to the red cross, even a dollar is gonna help....seriously

~Be well and give thanx

seems Im fallowing this member around agreeing all day..lol..Yes give o The Red cross...Yes we (USA) dont turn are Backs on anyone..IMO..is why we are the Strongest and wealthiest..but its from OUR generasaty(sp) that keeps us on top...Most of us Americans are careing..and Believe If everyone that reads thist thread and donates just the 10 bux as SUPERBABY asks..just think what that can do...So give up that Late for a couple days...put it in the nearest Red cross donation site...God Bless..

take care and be safe
:passingjoint:

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Boy i hope China dosnt take that vibe towards us, or we'd be f**ked up the a**. I do believe this board is international, not everyone is from the US. "Drill baby Drill right?", lmao. We arnt the richest country in the world, and we do a PISS POOR job setting any kinda example for anyone. Look how well we spread our views, anyone up for a trip to Iraq?

Its extremely sad this happened, 50,000+ dead. compassion baby, compassion.

Otoe

D

death machine

well folks no need to worry uncle obama just sent 100 million over there, fuck the folks over here that have lost there jobs and there homes, if ya wanna donate 10 bucks why dont ya donate it to the local food banks cause were im from the unemployment rate is 20% and people dont have a clue were there next meal is comming from,yes i do feel bad for the people over there dont get me wrong but we are in just as much trouble here as there,all i am saying is that i would rather give 10 bucks to a usa citizen that has a family and is on the street then some other country. this is just my humble opinion sorry if it sounds like shit but there is no other way i can sugar coat it

S

SUPERBABY

Ask yourself...

well folks no need to worry uncle obama just sent 100 million over there, fuck the folks over here that have lost there jobs and there homes, if ya wanna donate 10 bucks why dont ya donate it to the local food banks cause were im from the unemployment rate is 20% and people dont have a clue were there next meal is comming from,yes i do feel bad for the people over there dont get me wrong but we are in just as much trouble here as there,all i am saying is that i would rather give 10 bucks to a usa citizen that has a family and is on the street then some other country. this is just my humble opinion sorry if it sounds like shit but there is no other way i can sugar coat it

do you give to the homeless? ("I would rather give $10 to a USA citizen...")

Do you volunteer at homelss shelters? (If you live in SF Bay area, you can come with me to Glide memorial Church where I volunteer at the soup kitchen with my wife and 10 year old on the 1st Sat of every month..wanna go?)

With that poster's attitude, it sounds like a rationalization for a reason not to help....

people who say those thing usually just say them as a way not to help...

I have no problem with giving time/ money for any good cause..no matter where or what...but just do it

B

bdawgburner

at least in the US people have government sponsored programs like welfare and unemployment compensation. these people have nothing and our $10 goes a lot further there than it would here. we are definetely not in as much trouble here as they are. if you experienced katrina first hand and saw what devastation really was you would understand what a disaster of that magnitude or worse even would cause if it effected an entire nation. there are people starting to die from broken jaws because they cant get the medical treatment they need. at least in the good ol' US of A you could find a hospital somewhere that would HAVE to treat you. we have it really good here and yeah there are people in bad financial situations but its not total devastation of your entire country.

B

Boots Sugarleaf

well said SB....and thanx for this topic

it is bureaucracy that keeps people in the states in the mess we are in, not lack of food or money---go look in any grocery store dumpster and tell me there isn't food to put on the table---the ones that you can look in, a lot of stores use giant ass trash compactors to keep anyone from getting all the perfectly good food they throw out in the tons daily!

educate

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Have any view ya want, but find the appropriate forum to shout about it in. This thread was started to HELP in whatever small way it might. When you post these remarks argueing with people, its called trolling. I believe trolls are getting the hammer round hurr, just saying man. FYI talking about politics and religion on cannabis forums is a great way to find the exit fast.

Otoe

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

It does not matter where , or who, or what you are , Humans should help all humans!!

The is no other living creature on the planet that has the means to help all living things
why not take advantage of it !! good intentions are good intentions !
if you dont have much $ , then well wishes to people who need them are free !!

Top Bottom