half way through flowering of my second grow

• Thread starter noktommaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noktommaster

My first grow i was using a little over 300 watts of flouros and got about an Oz. and a half. now i upgraded to 400 watt switchable. growing with just bag seed for now till i get this down better. couple pics for you guys to look at. also a pic of my home made air cooled hood.

Half way through flowering of my second grow
Half way through flowering of my second grow 2
Half way through flowering of my second grow 3
Half way through flowering of my second grow 4
Half way through flowering of my second grow 5
Half way through flowering of my second grow 6
MeJuana

MeJuana

They have the dead leaf look of you forgot to water one too many days, they also are really droopy which could be a lot of things like it could just be right after lights on but if they stay like that it points to stress, no burnt leaf ends makes me think not over nute, a little elongated or that is the nature of the strain I dunno for sure. Usuually the first assumption when seeing a plant with that color dead leaves and droopy as well is that it is poor water management, maybe due to a huge fight with heat. My pictures I wanna wait until the leafs look like they are reaching for the light.

The leafs that are alive look healthy enough, that pic could be right after lights on or whatever and you didn't give much info so I assume you didn't really want help. Just offering you what I see from experience mistreating my own plants hehehe I meant this post with respect and good intent I hope it is found that way, none of us were born knowing this I am smoking much better buds in just a few harvests now for sure though.

C

cheyenne

They have the dead leaf look of you forgot to water one too many days, they also are really droopy which could be a lot of things like it could just be right after lights on but if they stay like that it points to stress, no burnt leaf ends makes me think not over nute, a little elongated or that is the nature of the strain I dunno for sure. Usuually the first assumption when seeing a plant with that color dead leaves and droopy as well is that it is poor water management, maybe due to a huge fight with heat. My pictures I wanna wait until the leafs look like they are reaching for the light.

The leafs that are alive look healthy enough, that pic could be right after lights on or whatever and you didn't give much info so I assume you didn't really want help. Just offering you what I see from experience mistreating my own plants hehehe I meant this post with respect and good intent I hope it is found that way, none of us were born knowing this I am smoking much better buds in just a few harvests now for sure though.

Have you flowered many crops? Its pretty normal for leaves too die off during flowering. It looks like he is actually doing a reasonably good job considering the small amount of light he is running.

MeJuana

MeJuana

Just finishing number 4 which doesn't make me an expert for sure.

N

noktommaster

thanks, i know i messed a few things up but i still think i am doing pretty good for my second grow. i am using bio canna nutes and when they were little i think i let the mix sit to long out of the bottle because when i fed the plants if i splashed any on the leaves those leaves died. like i said though i think all and all i am doing good for only my second grow and only my first with hid lights. can't wait to get them all dried and cured and start smoking some homegrown vegan organic bud.:RastaBong:

MeJuana

MeJuana

Yeah it is looking good for your second grow and you will be smoking it soon enough, make sure to plan for your next run now so you can keep your medicine coming

N

noktommaster

yeah i am hoping to get 6-10 oz. that should keep me in good supply till i can get the next one done

C

cheyenne

Well i dont know about 6-10oz off a 400 watt light, maybe but....just get a thouie and be done w it if you really want to crop.

N

noktommaster

yeah one can always hope though, they say a good grower can get 1 gram per watt so i was hoping that i could get half a gram per watt. which would give me about 7 oz.

J

John Smith Esq.

yeah looking good for your second grow bro, 1 gram per watt is a reasonable target for some one with a fair bit or experience under their belt but it takes most people a few years at least before you get to that point, dont want you to get your hopes up.

i use Bio Canna too with fairly good results and just wanted to give advice on a few things ive noticed so far..

-go well beyond the stated dosage of Bio Vega and Flores, the plants will benefit from it and it is quite hard to overdose with canna's organic nutes. everything should be dark green (some strains are naturally lighter obviously) it helps alot if you use Canna's bio soil with their Bio nutes or you do tend to see N def if not careful. (yellow leaves)

-bought seeds from respected vendors will give better results over average bag seed, with 2 grows under your belt it is probably time to run some proper beans and you will see a big improvement (barney's farm sell various feminised seeds for a little over £5 each if on a budget)

-if you haven't already try out some additives and extras, canna do an excellent range that I like but almost every nutrient company has there own versions. I use Cannazym throughout, PK13/14 and Bio Boost in budding alongside the Bio Vega/Flores and i cant stress enough how much better the taste/yield and plant health is with these extras

HTH and Good Luck

Top Bottom