Hammerhead/MOAB. Am I Hitting It Too Hard ?

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Reefer Franklin

Just started the Hammerhead /MOAB combo that Greenthumbdanny and some others use to great effect. I may be giving them too much. See the bright green/yellow leaves in pics.

On Saturday in a 50 gallon reservoir I added 125ml of Hammerhead and 2 1/2
tablespoons of MOAB. Since then I've added a total of 3 tablespoons of MOAB and 120ml of Hammerhead. PPM's are around 1600 after subtracting the 400 ppm of the well water. Ph is 5.8 - 6.0.

I'm on day 43 of what I think is a nine week strain. Should I back off a little on the nutes ?

Thanks,

The Reef

Hammerheadmoab am i hitting it too hard
Hammerheadmoab am i hitting it too hard 2
Hammerheadmoab am i hitting it too hard 3
Hammerheadmoab am i hitting it too hard 4
Hammerheadmoab am i hitting it too hard 5
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you are supposed to cut your base nutes in half

2 ml hammerhead per gal and 1 tsp moab per 5 gals

R

Reefer Franklin

you are supposed to cut your base nutes in half

2 ml hammerhead per gal and 1 tsp moab per 5 gals

Yes Mother I was at that on the initial feeding:

2.5 ml Hammerhead per gallon and 1tsp per 5 gallons. All I did was add enough over the last 5 days to maintain the same Ph and PPM's. Isn't that what I should be doing ?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
did you cut your base nutes in half 1600 is fucking HIGH - your gonna torch them

M

MMJInsiders

I think he's at 1600 after tap ppm. Ya, cut your bases in half for sure.

R

Reefer Franklin

Hes at 1200 ppms his base water is 400. Id cut my bloom nutes to 600 plus ur water, thats 1000 ppm's then add ur Moab/PK combo

No God, I really am at 1600. My meter reads just under 2000, minus the 400 is 1600.

I've been running these PPM's for the last three weeks with good results. This yellowing all happened in the last couple of days.

The Reef

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Them looking good man>>I like to look for 1/8 tip burn<<>nevermind the numbers:)

gtd:passingjoint:

R

Reefer Franklin

Hes at 1200 ppms his base water is 400. Id cut my bloom nutes to 600 plus ur water, thats 1000 ppm's then add ur Moab/PK combo

Hello again God,

I'm only using the MOAB/Hammerhead combo. I haven't added any other bloom nutes. The MOAB is 1-52-32. The Hammerhead is 0-4-8. Perhaps they need a little more Nitrogen ?

The Reef

R

Reefer Franklin

Looking Frosty At Day 43

What do you think Danny. Are these The White ? If not do you have any idea what strain this is ?

The Reef

Imported Photos 00690
Imported Photos 00692
Imported Photos 00693
B

Buddy Flowers

0-4-8 is the older formula. There's a new one out...cant remember the ratio

R

Reefer Franklin

It's 2-4-10. I just grabbed what was on the shelf. I didn't know there was a new one. 2% more Potash and 2% Nitrogen.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
No God, I really am at 1600. My meter reads just under 2000, minus the 400 is 1600.

I've been running these PPM's for the last three weeks with good results. This yellowing all happened in the last couple of days.

The Reef

I have said it before - Ill say it again - if your meter reads 2000 ppm - thats what your ppm really is

why would you subtract

R

Reefer Franklin

I don't disagree Mother. But the base PPM of the water at 400 PPM is not made up of nutrients it's whatever is in the well.

Since I don't know what is in the well water I'm just trying to calculate how many PPM I am adding in the form of nutes. If I adjust the PPM to 1400 I have an unknown 400 PPM in there, but I can be fairly certain that 1000 PPM are the nutes I have added. Not very scientific I agree, but without having the water tested I can't think of another way to do this.

Seems to be working so far.

The Reef

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
whats in your well water besides sediment sand is most likely iron, magnesium and calcium

Im glad its working for you - just trying to warn you on pushing your nutes along with the pk boosters - some strains will eat it up and say more please and others will burn to shit fast

allot of it also depends on your environment and how close the lights are

R

Reefer Franklin

Mother, you are probably right about the iron, magnesium and calcium, plus various trace elements, that's fairly typical of the Sierra Foothills. I will have it tested though.

As of Saturday I am just running the MOAB/Hammerhead combo - nothing else.
Do you think I should be supplementing that with Nitrogen and Calcium ?
Lights are 24" from the plants and I'm growing in Hydroton/Coco Fiber/Rockwool.

Thanks,

The Reef

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
dude im so confused - your at 2000 ppm but your just running moab and hammerhead?

R

Reefer Franklin

That's right. There may be traces of Calcium and CES Bloom from last week, but the res is being topped up at the rate of 5-7 gallons a day, so every week it's essentially a new brew. Isn't that right ?

The Reef

Latest posts

Top Bottom