Hammerhead

• Thread starter MTM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MTM

My older bottle of Hammerhead was 0-9-18,it is now 2-4-10.Does anyone know why they did this and does the newer formula work better than my older bottle.Anyone else notice this and one other question does this new formula kick ass like the old formula and has anyone had any problems with the newer stuff...
Thanks

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
They are the same exact things... It's all due to labeling laws/regulations..

dankworth

dankworth

My old bottle(the sturdy generation of 1L containers from AN) claims the ingredients of the 9-18 Hammerhead are Monopotassium phosphate, also known as MKP, which is 0-52-34, and sulphate of potash, also known as potassium sulfate, at (I believe) 0-0-60.
So no nitrogen before.
Given that a lot of people are using the hammerhead/moab combo for the last two weeks of feeding for the pk boost, this may fuck things up with the new added nitrogen. Because it is pretty important to get your nitrogen ratios correct at the end of flowering.
I believe budboy299 has a formula of how much to add of the two salts I described to duplicate the old hammerhead formula, if you look back a ways in the nutrient subforum.
I for one will not be taking a chance with the new hammerhead with the nitrogen.
Hope this helps clarify.

M

MTM

My old bottle(the sturdy generation of 1L containers from AN) claims the ingredients of the 9-18 Hammerhead are Monopotassium phosphate, also known as MKP, which is 0-52-34, and sulphate of potash, also known as potassium sulfate, at (I believe) 0-0-50.
So no nitrogen before.
Given that a lot of people are using the hammerhead/moab combo for the last two weeks of feeding for the pk boost, this may fuck things up with the new added nitrogen. Because it is pretty important to get your nitrogen ratios correct at the end of flowering.
I believe budboy299 has a formula of how much to add of the two salts I described to duplicate the old hammerhead formula, if you look back a ways in the nutrient subforum.
I for one will not be taking a chance with the new hammerhead with the nitrogen.
Hope this helps clarify.
Thats exactly my thoughts on the extra nitrogen.Im going to get me some Big Bud,Ive been useing Humbolts Gnormas but Im not really satisfied with the caliber of my buds.It seems to dry them out on the stalk if you feed by there feed #

M

MTM

My old bottle(the sturdy generation of 1L containers from AN) claims the ingredients of the 9-18 Hammerhead are Monopotassium phosphate, also known as MKP, which is 0-52-34, and sulphate of potash, also known as potassium sulfate, at (I believe) 0-0-50.
So no nitrogen before.
Hope this helps clarify.
Thats exactly my thoughts on the extra nitrogen.Im going to get me some Big Bud,Ive been useing Humbolts Gnormas but Im not really satisfied with the caliber of my buds.It seems to dry them out on the stalk if you feed by there feed #

dankworth

dankworth

Soluble potash 0-0-60 91.8 grams
Mono-potassium phosphate MKP 0-52-34 78.2 grams
distilled h20 0-0-0 830 grams

This will give you 0-9-18 within a percentage point

^^^^^^^^^^^
This is from budboy299's post like a year and a half ago. I don't know how to do links yet, sorry. You will want to check the original post for info regarding solubility issues.
It was my frustration with AN's constant reformulation, of big bud in particular, that started me down this road in 2010.

S

Steel Erection

I went to my hydro store the other day and the guy didn't have any hammerhead, he said it was being discontinued. What are you guys using as a replacement?-SE

dankworth

dankworth

what about buddah tree 9/18

I just took a quick look at the product you mentioned. Looks like it is straight up 0-9-18, which means that it is a duplicate of hammerhead. But it looks pretty UK based, don't know if we can get that easily in the states.

Top Bottom