Hand pump questions for vac purge

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Got 2 scales on my hand pump the outer scale is for i believe inches,, inhg. And the inner scale of that is mmhg.millimeter? All my instructions say is pump oil to 25 hg. Now is that in the inhg or the mmhg? The inhg seems to need alot more pumping with the handbrake bleeder..

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I bought the handbrake bleeder pump thing. I used the scale that went 0-30. I could not get it to go past 20 so I splurged (spurged?!?) on the motorized pump at harborfreight. Cost me around $90 and I'm using gauge from the hand pump.

outwest

mikeb437

mikeb437

Fuck,, just spend 15 min trying to hand pump this mother and all i got it up to was 20inhg. I heated it up but not sure if its still warm enough to actually purge or not. And should it take that long to pump it to get a good vac or it something wrong here?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
No, you can get it to 25 in a few seconds, just make sure you read the directions! I'm using a canning jar as my vac chamber (thanks Deep!).

outwest

mikeb437

mikeb437

Something isnt right here.. I cant get it to 24inhg in a few seconds. Its holding a vac at 10 but its still taking a few hundred pumps to get there. If i close the valve itll pump to that number in a few pumps. But with the chamber open, its not getting that high.. It Fucking took extraction experts 3 weeks to get this to me and now its not working right.. And the directions they sent were shit!

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

No, you can get it to 25 in a few seconds, just make sure you read the directions. I'm using a canning jar as my vac chamber (thanks Deep!).

outwest

Did you just poke a hole in the top and feed a tube in or are you using something special?

Directions?

mikeb437

mikeb437

Theres a hole already on the top cover of the chamber to which your suppose to attach the valve. Then the hose attaches to the valve and the brake pump. If you look at extractionexperts.com they have a pic of the system im using. I bought it from them. It seems easy to assemble the chamber and hose with pump but they dont tell you what setting to put the valve on. I think i have it correct. They say nothing about the o ring in the kit. But i figured that out too. And everything just squeezes together so i dont know if its air tight or not. Everything individually works, but when i put it all together i cant get a big vacuum..

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Did you just poke a hole in the top and feed a tube in or are you using something special?

Directions?

Good question. I did poke a hole. Using a coupler the hand pump came with a a suction cup nozzle that fits attaches the the tube using the coupler and attaches to the top of the canning jar with the suction cup. Someone else used silicone to make the seal.

Now that I have that motorized pump all the tube fittings are sized differently to I have to rework things a little bit.

outwest

Glab120

Glab120

I bought the handbrake bleeder pump thing. I used the scale that went 0-30. I could not get it to go past 20 so I splurged (spurged?!?) on the motorized pump at harborfreight. Cost me around $90 and I'm using gauge from the hand pump.

outwest

i agree with outwest rip off the gauge and through everything else in the garbage. go to harbor freight and spend a $100 on a vac pump. building a vac pot is easy too and you'll be happy you did. just about everybody makes the mistake of thinking a hand pump will do the job but really you need to get a full vac at 29-30 hg to fully purge your oil. heres a simple under $200 vacuum station.
New 034

Top Bottom