Hand watering in coco..tips

• Thread starter Bluebear
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Bluebear

Hiya

Ive been reading for a while now on how to grow passive hydro using coco as my medium,any experts out there please check thro my plans for my up and coming grow and leve any tips that you think I should be taking into account..thanks for reading!

Please have a look thro my plan on growing in coco for the first time,any comments or tips feel free to add..appreciate your time,

Medium: coco with 30% clay pebbles hand watered,

Room size: dr120

Fans= 5" rvk for intake (active)
6" rvk for extraction with cf (attic)

ec truncheon ph pen ph up/down

Nutrients hesi txt complex hesi bloom hesi pk/13/14

OK heres what i plan to do,start my clones off at an ec of 0.8 and pot them into 1.4 square pots once rooted and water by hand from the top daily untill i get a small run off,after roots appear at the bottom ill feed from the bottom then,so in first pots for 7/10 days then moved up to 3.5,s and as above for another 10 days then into their final pots of 11 litre for 10 more days before i switch to flower.

The water i use daily will be from a 10 litre bucket stood and bubbled for 24 hours before i add any nutrients and ph,

I plan to water each day maybe every 2 days max as long as i dont let the coco dry out,the final ph will be kept at btw 5.8-6.2 My background ec is 0.8 so ill half this to 0.4 so if im after an ec of say 0.8 it should show up at 1.2 on my truncheon,

I plan on growing maybe 5/6 in my tent under a 600hps light,

So whatcha rekon folks? have I got this plan correct? BB

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Sounds like you are off to a good start bud. Personally I would Top feed but thats just me either way.. I am sure the Coco can wick it right up.. How is your water quality?? My water was so shity I had to get a RO unit. If your water is over 300 ppm I really recomend one or your marijuana will suffer considerably..

Your PH is good between 5.5-6.1. I like mine at 5.8 personally:)

How are them temps in that DR120? Very important to keep your temp in check when running a tent type gimmick.. 78-82 degrees is ideal. if using C02 temps can hit 90. But there is no reason that temps should climb to 90:)

I am not familiar with that nutrient line up of yours sorry:)
:passingjoint:

GTD

B

Bluebear

Hi Danny

Thanks for your input buddy,my water ph from the tap is around 7.4 (hard water area) the ec from the tap is 0.8 not sure what that is in parts per million as im still at the planning stage and aint purchased my truncheon yet to compare,next 2/3 weeks I should be ready,

The darkroom was fine reguarding temps I had an allmost constant 78f lights on and 71f lights off (oil filled radiator for cold nights) both my fans are controlled with a primair and the probe was set at 24c

Now summer time has arrived I will probally run my light thro the night,last grow I had it on during the day,but because I sleep in the same room it was more quiet with the fans turned down so I could sleep lol

The nutriets are made by hesi and are coco pecific nutes,

Thanks again,

Bb.

B

BamBamEh

you say you're rockin bottom feeders eh? they sittin in one tray or individual? how much do your plants suck up and how quick?

G

GroHi

Actually, I was curious about that as you said "passive" which means to me a wicking system to the coir. Also, you stated hand watering...?

If planning passive w daily maintenance, personally agree w GTD & recommend hand-watering, top-fed. Just about the easiest thing you can do w coir. Peace brother.

Top Bottom