hanging hps lights verticle

• Thread starter organicdave
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organicdave

I was told that my hortilux 1000wt lights were not made to be taken out of their reflectors to hang verticle. Is there any truth to this? I would think they would just be fine hanging verticle without reflectors. Are there certain bulbs that are required for this?

R

Rural_GrowOp

There are some bulbs that cannot be hung vertically. If you look on the package or online there should be a mounting position listed. Most will say global which means that you can hang it in what ever orientation you wish but some are specific.

Hope that helps.

ludacris

ludacris

someone once told me off for assuming that you could hang a horizontal bulb vertically....

J

Jalisco Kid

The bulb position is printed on each and every bulb. JK

P

pikes peak 69

Bulb position is print on bulb as JK stated. In the part number if there is a "U" that means universal. Can be hung anyway.
I believe the positions are called:
Universal
Base up
Base down
Vertical

Also I've heard that once you start a bulb in a certain position, if you cahnge positions that it may shorten lifespan of bulb. Don't know if that's true or not though.

pp69

O

organicdave

thank you all!!!
I will check the bulb for the reference number

P

paco666

how will you go about hanging your 1000W.....will you use some type of hood......? planning on hanging one vertically as well..... not sure howto go about it.....

D

Djmers

Sorry everyone but have to say it " Bulbs grow and lamps glow " simples !!!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is a "universal", "horizontal", and "baseup/base down"

There are very few true base up/ base down bulbs, Hortilux makes the dyalight blue in a 400 and 1000w in a base up /base down configuration. The 400watter is $125.00 and you will probably have to order it...

Hydro store guys will try and tell you it makes no difference what configuration bulb you use, but they are friggin idiots.

Tex

BC_Bud

BC_Bud

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey, I bought a horizontal only 400w MH bulb once, and here is what happend: if the bulb was placed on vertical position or at an angle other than horizontal, the light spectrum would change to a stronger blue, and the intensity appeared to drop proportionally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom