Hanging Upsidedown Pot Plant

• Thread starter cway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cway

I saw this thing on TV and right away thought to myself..

Would there be any benefit to trying to grow a pot plant upside down..

I guess you would get a ton side growth instead of one main cola kinda like topping.. ??

Who knows but I ordered one just to give it a shot.. Ill post the results here.. Ill put a OG Kush Clone and just leave it in my flower room.. Or Better yet put it outside since it wont look like a pot plant?

I could just do my regular Organic Soil mix and I think I can pull this off..

What you Farmers think..

P

ProGroWannabe

I've often thought about it and wanted to try it. You know the saying......."nothing ventured, nothing gained." I say hell yeah! Give it a run and teach us somethin.

C

cway

Like the Add says.. Imagine if I got 30lbs of pot.. hahaha... That would be sweeet..

S

SmokeMan

On another forum I saw someone do a grow in one of those. It works :)

I

ismokepot

I saw the ad and thought about the same thing...........

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Shaggy's work. Check it boys:

C

cway

Now thats Badass... damn dont want to make it seem like Im trying to steal Shaggys Idea.... But I already bought one.. Oh well.. Sorry Shaggy Bro.. Had no idea there was already a thread on this..

C

cway

Ok looks like he didnt flower one out and post results so I guess heres the deal..

I am growing two clones outside.. Side by side.. Same amount of soil.. One Upside down and one normal topped.. Lets see the deal.. What you guys think?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Do it up man, these are fun to watch. He's done those a few of times on a couple of sites. Mostly he seemed to think his yield with tomatoes was higher but reefer was the opposite. I'm guessing the topped plant wins :)

C

cway

Do it up man, these are fun to watch. He's done those a few of times on a couple of sites. Mostly he seemed to think his yield with tomatoes was higher but reefer was the opposite. I'm guessing the topped plant wins :)

Yeah im giving it a go.. I guess to be fair I shouldnt top the regular plant....

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
good job i think u read alot of peoples mind with this one specially mine

N

Nuglover

I've thought about it myself ...I'll be sittin' in for this one.

hubcap

hubcap

i would tend to believe that, even if the plant is planted upside down in those hanging planters...

the plant will eventually take over and grow TO the sun and the roots will want to follow gravity.

but it would be a great experiment.....i just wouldnt expect a MJ plant to exhibit the same characteristics as a tomato plant. while their nutirent needs are similar, they are two different entities.

give it a shot and post pics. im game for a show!!!!

L

Limeygreen

I believe the part about the water going right into the roots, that just doesn't work that way. I'm curious though to see how it turns out.

C

cway

Nuglover, Hubcap, and Lime Green..

Pull up a chair folks and get your popcorn ready.. :banana:

W

wantaknow

are you putting the lights on the floor ,wont have to worrie about them falling over or breaking ,i can see some advantages

C

cway

are you putting the lights on the floor ,wont have to worrie about them falling over or breaking ,i can see some advantages

No i decided that outside is the best...

Damn plant hanger taking to long.. Err..

hubcap

hubcap

in agreement.
see what it will do in its "natural" enviorn, first...

then, making educated guesses on indoor performance, will be easier, and prolly more correct.

go get em cway and be sure to post frequent updates.
theres been alot of TALK about this experiment, but, no one ever comes thru....

Top Bottom