Happy Friday fellow growers. A few ?'s... And one solid answer

• Thread starter Foutwenty71
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I'm running two types of grow lights in my grow room.. 3 unafan red LED panels that have some blues and a few UV Doids that I have used the past few years to start my seedlings out before I plant them outside in my vegetable garden.. then I decided to grow some smoke so I added some more wattage with some 5000 Kelvin LED shop lights basically..some of you answered my questions on my very first post on this site "is it 4:20 yet" about the lights. So this is somewhat of an update with more questions.. or a solid answer as to which, the white light or the red light the plant favors the most... Both will grow plants but even though the white lights are far stronger than the red, the plant typically turns its head towards the red beam..having spent most of the plants vegetative cycle under the white lights the plant is very Stout having a stock nearly the size of a pencil at 9 and 1/2 in tall from soil to top of cola... Picture included... Go ahead laugh away..lol...I just couldn't do the Solo cup thing not enough root space for this type of strain, SSH. The Solo cup is where this lady started. Question number one: fan leave's with tips pointing down means? Question number two: I got a little overzealous with my worm castings in my tea last weekend and now I have some yellow fan leaves on the bottom.. they are obviously blocking some light on nugs that are coming up.. when to get rid of them? Question number 3: what is a good pH tester because I do not trust the ones that I have and I have three of them.. including a picture of two of them not sure where the number three went...... I'm sure this is going to create more questions but what the hell it's Friday
Happy friday fellow growers a few s and one solid answer
. If this little lady was her typical 3 ft tall that cola would be the size of a golf ball at day number 12 of flower is my opinion 😁
Happy friday fellow growers a few s and one solid answer 2
Happy friday fellow growers a few s and one solid answer 3
fan leaves pointing down
Happy friday fellow growers a few s and one solid answer 4
closet grow... Ladies are upstairs in a sunny window for the day since I'm home from work

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I'm running two types of grow lights in my grow room.. 3 unafan red LED panels that have some blues and a few UV Doids that I have used the past few years to start my seedlings out before I plant them outside in my vegetable garden.. then I decided to grow some smoke so I added some more wattage with some 5000 Kelvin LED shop lights basically..some of you answered my questions on my very first post on this site "is it 4:20 yet" about the lights. So this is somewhat of an update with more questions.. or a solid answer as to which, the white light or the red light the plant favors the most... Both will grow plants but even though the white lights are far stronger than the red, the plant typically turns its head towards the red beam..having spent most of the plants vegetative cycle under the white lights the plant is very Stout having a stock nearly the size of a pencil at 9 and 1/2 in tall from soil to top of cola... Picture included... Go ahead laugh away..lol...I just couldn't do the Solo cup thing not enough root space for this type of strain, SSH. The Solo cup is where this lady started. Question number one: fan leave's with tips pointing down means? Question number two: I got a little overzealous with my worm castings in my tea last weekend and now I have some yellow fan leaves on the bottom.. they are obviously blocking some light on nugs that are coming up.. when to get rid of them? Question number 3: what is a good pH tester because I do not trust the ones that I have and I have three of them.. including a picture of two of them not sure where the number three went...... I'm sure this is going to create more questions but what the hell it's FridayView attachment 943413. If this little lady was her typical 3 ft tall that cola would be the size of a golf ball at day number 12 of flower is my opinion 😁View attachment 943414View attachment 943415 fan leaves pointing downView attachment 943416 closet grow... Ladies are upstairs in a sunny window for the day since I'm home from work
Forgot to add the photo of the pH testers that I don't trust
IMG 20200221 120719117

Anthem

Anthem

I'm running two types of grow lights in my grow room.. 3 unafan red LED panels that have some blues and a few UV Doids that I have used the past few years to start my seedlings out before I plant them outside in my vegetable garden.. then I decided to grow some smoke so I added some more wattage with some 5000 Kelvin LED shop lights basically..some of you answered my questions on my very first post on this site "is it 4:20 yet" about the lights. So this is somewhat of an update with more questions.. or a solid answer as to which, the white light or the red light the plant favors the most... Both will grow plants but even though the white lights are far stronger than the red, the plant typically turns its head towards the red beam..having spent most of the plants vegetative cycle under the white lights the plant is very Stout having a stock nearly the size of a pencil at 9 and 1/2 in tall from soil to top of cola... Picture included... Go ahead laugh away..lol...I just couldn't do the Solo cup thing not enough root space for this type of strain, SSH. The Solo cup is where this lady started. Question number one: fan leave's with tips pointing down means? Question number two: I got a little overzealous with my worm castings in my tea last weekend and now I have some yellow fan leaves on the bottom.. they are obviously blocking some light on nugs that are coming up.. when to get rid of them? Question number 3: what is a good pH tester because I do not trust the ones that I have and I have three of them.. including a picture of two of them not sure where the number three went...... I'm sure this is going to create more questions but what the hell it's FridayView attachment 943413. If this little lady was her typical 3 ft tall that cola would be the size of a golf ball at day number 12 of flower is my opinion 😁View attachment 943414View attachment 943415 fan leaves pointing downView attachment 943416 closet grow... Ladies are upstairs in a sunny window for the day since I'm home from work
Changing the light spectrum from natural sunlight to artificial light can cause the plant to Hermie so you better be careful with doing so!!

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Changing the light spectrum from natural sunlight to artificial light can cause the plant to Hermie so you better be careful with doing so!!
Thanks for the heads up I've had Hermes before ,but not from this strain it's pretty stable... Or so I've been told... Graduated this year from growing bagseed to more well-known strains.. this one being super silver Haze by mr. Nice f2

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Hey look like you might've answered a few of your own there but its Friday I'm sure plenty will chime in.
Leaves pointing down can point to over fert of nitrogen, which in question two might be pointed out with over zealous worm casting application. I don't think those can burn a plant but they are rich in veg food. Looks like its on mostly the older growth, you should be fine. But I might cut back n a bit in whatever your feeding

With a little plant like that though I might leave the fans on until they're about used up. Could just pull em though.

For testers the dropper liquid never lies but its annoying. I buy a couple basic yellow ones off amazon every xmas, and two because they are not great. Calibrate with the packets often.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Hey look like you might've answered a few of your own there but its Friday I'm sure plenty will chime in.
Leaves pointing down can point to over fert of nitrogen, which in question two might be pointed out with over zealous worm casting application. I don't think those can burn a plant but they are rich in veg food. Looks like its on mostly the older growth, you should be fine. But I might cut back n a bit in whatever your feeding

With a little plant like that though I might leave the fans on until they're about used up. Could just pull em though.

For testers the dropper liquid never lies but its annoying. I buy a couple basic yellow ones off amazon every xmas, and two because they are not great. Calibrate with the packets often.
I'm going to reveg the plant after my small harvest and set her free outdoors for our upper Midwest summer... Same plan goes with her clones.... Thanks for the advice... Those pH testers have me frustrated long before I decided to grow weed.. I know what acidic soil outdoors is because of the plant life that grows there but when I test the soil in those areas all these things keep registering seven or seven-and-a-half or higher...Including underneath a 65 ft tall pine tree which I know has to be a acidic soil... where the pH should be about 5 to 5 and 1/2... Maybe... now I'm starting to question my own knowledge... Knowledge that I got from people smarter than me long ago....urgha🥴

Latest posts

Top Bottom