Happysmoke's Perpetual Quest for Great Weed

• Thread starter Happysmoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Happysmoke

Happysmoke

Here is my plan.

Grow great weed, smoke some, and give some away! Nothing makes the wife or a stoner friend smile more than the gift of a bag of great weed.

That being said, I also need a place to document my journey. I like to keep things simple. I have a family, a busy work life and spend lots of time in the mountains so I need low maintenance grows. I know a lot of things about a lot of things but I also know there is always more to learn and Im not an expert at growing just yet. I am always open to constructive criticism so if you have suggestions or see I'm doing something stupid, please chime in.

Here is my set up.
4x4 tent for veg at the moment, has a CMH 315w adjustable wing light, humidifier, heater, and fans.

4x8 tent for flower, has a CMH 315w light, and 2 300w quantum boards, 4" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan with temp/humidity controller and a few circulation fans.

In the flower tent I currently have one large Blue Wizard plant finishing up in the next week or two. I also have 3 smaller plants in flower. A Ghost Train Haze, and a California Kush about 6 weeks since flip and a Ghost Train Haze 2 weeks behind those.

In the Veg tent I have 4 plants around 1 1/2 months from seed. One is an OG Kush, and 2 are Night Nurse. The other is a Star killer reg seed that has grown balls. I was thinking of maybe flipping it and pollinating the earlier Ghost Train Haze with it but will probably abandon that idea soon as I don't to want to chance pollinating everything. I also have zero experience in breeding. Hmmm. I also have a couple seedlings, a Purple Punch and a Do-Si-Do auto.

Well that was pretty long winded. Anyway, here goes my version of a perpetual grow.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

The veg tent and it's inhabitants.

IMG 20220310 180001414

All these girls have been topped, manifolded a bit and topped a second time. Each has 8 heads now with the exception of the OG Kush which broke 2 heads off when I was LSTing I immediately taped back together with a stint but it didn't take... Aside from that everything has gone ok so far. I did overwater a bit as I made the switch this round to a pure coco and perlite mix that holds water way longer than I anticipated. Since I backed off a bit, things have smoothed out.

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

The flower tent and it's inhabitants.

Blue Wizard almost 8 weeks since flowers showed. Has smaller buds than I got last time I grew this one but is super sticky and smells great. I took a couple sample buds to dry the other day in a paper bag.
IMG 20220309 183152249

Here are some close ups of her.
IMG 20220310 210810830

IMG 20220310 210752766

Ghost Train Haze 6wk since flip
IMG 20220310 210941413
IMG 20220310 210937402

California Kush 6wk since flip
IMG 20220310 210924104

Ghost Train Haze 4wk since flip
IMG 20220310 210930026

Happysmoke

Happysmoke

I checked the veg tent today and I saw some gnats in there. I have not had any for a bit but this batch I switched over to some pure coco perlite mix and cloth bags instead of plastic pots. I think I just kept the medium too wet for too long. Last time I got them, I just used sand and it worked good but I want to try this grow with just coir and cloth bags to see if I can get faster growth. I am going to search out some gnat genocide discussions and see what seems to work best for most people other than sand. If nothing works in the next week or so, I will dump some sand on them.

Other than that, they all look healthy and green for the most part. I have not killed the male just yet. Still contemplating... Maybe another day.

The Blue Wizard is ripening up nice. Watching trichs now. They are mostly cloudy, with a few scattered clears and very few amber. I should be pulling that in the next few days or so.

RonnieB2nd

RonnieB2nd

The flower tent and it's inhabitants.

Blue Wizard almost 8 weeks since flowers showed. Has smaller buds than I got last time I grew this one but is super sticky and smells great. I took a couple sample buds to dry the other day in a paper bag.
View attachment 1225070

Here are some close ups of her.
View attachment 1225071
View attachment 1225073
Ghost Train Haze 6wk since flip
View attachment 1225074View attachment 1225075
California Kush 6wk since flip
View attachment 1225076
Ghost Train Haze 4wk since flip
View attachment 1225077
I'm growing a 20 plant perpetual grow but not in a tent only. I only have a 3x3 gorilla with 4x4 500 watt led. They range from six weeks 3 weeks 1 week and seedlings. I posted a thread about it if you're curious

Latest posts

Top Bottom