Harborside and Dark heart nursery clone questions

• Thread starter knubs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

knubs

hello everyone, i need a little insight on bay area clones. i am in northern cali for the holidays, and i am going to drive down to harborside and a couple other shops in the area after i am done with family stuff. i would really like to grab a couple strains while i'm in the area but i have some questions.

i know a lot of the clones come from Dark Heart Nursery so does anyone have any experience with DHN cuts? i've heard a lot of good, but that was a year or two ago... are any of their OG's legit (fire,skywalker,sfv)?

also i see harborside has tahoe og clones right now. does anyone know where that tahoe came from?

if you have any experience with any clones you got from the bay area in the past year chime in. i would really like to find a quality og while im in nor cal.. if anyone knows of a club with legit whitefire og in the area let me know.

i would also like to know what to expect bug wise if anyone can help out there. i'm not looking for broad mites again.

ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Cant speak on their OG's, i got mine from very reliable sources that had them for a while.

But to answer your question i hear its hit and miss with their genetics.

Pm me i can get you in touch with someone

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

hello everyone, i need a little insight on bay area clones. i am in northern cali for the holidays, and i am going to drive down to harborside and a couple other shops in the area after i am done with family stuff. i would really like to grab a couple strains while i'm in the area but i have some questions.

i know a lot of the clones come from Dark Heart Nursery so does anyone have any experience with DHN cuts? i've heard a lot of good, but that was a year or two ago... are any of their OG's legit (fire,skywalker,sfv)?

also i see harborside has tahoe og clones right now. does anyone know where that tahoe came from?

if you have any experience with any clones you got from the bay area in the past year chime in. i would really like to find a quality og while im in nor cal.. if anyone knows of a club with legit whitefire og in the area let me know.

i would also like to know what to expect bug wise if anyone can help out there. i'm not looking for broad mites again.

First if you don't want broad mites you might want to stay away from bay area clones altogether, but assuming you have a scope and can check them out then here is the skinny on DarkHeart:
For the most part their cuts are legit! They renamed "green crack" to dream queen but beyond that everything that I have grown has been good. Their ogs are good, but stay with either sfv or fire. The "tahoe" og is not from dhn and is some really weak shit that is close to hemp, same with harborsides (not dhn) wifi.

shawnskush

shawnskush

You are better off getting your DHN cuts from elemental wellness in san jose they have less issues with their clones there. Ive run the dream queen, Chemdog #4, fire og , and sfv from dhn...Id run the sfv again fwiw

K

knubs

thank you guys for the awesome answers! i think i will get a small variety and run a small coco crop to test everything and keep my favorites.
i really want deep sleep and xxx from harborside for sure. i know they are PO genetics, but i hope these aren't dudded out like the ones from PO. i don't mind a 'couple' broad mites i guess, but i do not want something that came pre-dudded. i bought a small 1/4oz vile of forbid a while back for quarantining new clones, and i brought it with me luckily. i also have my scope with me...
and this reminds me, i need to order more ogbiowar before i get home!
i will check out elemental wellness too, but i know harborside is getting a fresh drop from DHN the day before i go down so they will definitely be the first stop.

thump easy

thump easy

knubs if you go get some for me to shit you live right next door!!!

K

knubs

well Thump, i know you've been in the game for a minute and i know you probably have some nice strains, so i will certainly be down to trade some deep sleep or xxx to ya.

K

knubs

well i'm back in southern cali and everything went very well up north!! i got quite the array of strains to try out and met some good people.
i ended up carrying on a backpack full of clones onto the plane when i flew back. i only carried 12 on me for legal reasons, and i sent a box of clones back via fedex as well. i payed $40 for two day shipping on sunday, but they won't be here until thursday... i packed them carefully, but i hope they aren't all dried out by the time they get here. i had at least one clone of each strain in my back pack though, so no matter what all the genetics are secured.

Thank you to everyone for the help. this forum really helped boost my trip. i feel confident that i have some fire genetics now!

K

knubs

well i didn't go to harborside, but thanks to a certain someone who hooked me up with a connect i was able to find a very reputable clone supplier that was even better than HS. i got deep sleep, xxx, green crack, cannatsu(cbd cut), riddler og (po#1), ken's gdp, and an og kush cut that came very highly recommended.

thump easy

thump easy

well get a journal started lets see what you got going knubs im curious about cbd cut and you'll be happy with green crack she more a yeilder IMAG0730i done kens gdp is a good one i havent ran the others.. well great job your crazzy though jumping on a plane i always get the bin ladin treatment..

K

knubs

i might do a journal. the test run i do isn't going to be the prettiest though. i'm just going to get a clone of everything i have and let them grow in coco for a minute then i will flip. they will just be vegged on the side of my main crop and flowered under either a 600w or a 1000 depending on how it looks when i'm ready to flip. i just want a quick run to see what is what. after that i will throw some clones in hydro and get serious with it.
as for the CBD strains, i have cannatsu and harlequin. the harlequin is at a friends house for now though. i gifted him my cut after i bought it because he could really use some cbd medicine. i look forward to trying some CBD rich bud/wax though. i've always been very curious about it.

as for the plane, i fly a lot within california and i always have a bong, bubbler, pipe, and jars of weed. i never get questioned.... with the clones it was no different. i am always prepared to get hassled over it, but so far i'm like 20 for 20 on not getting searched.

thump easy

thump easy

dont worry hit me up ill give you my best advise you live up the hill no problem.. hope the local hydro treated you well..

K

knubs

the local shop does me well.

currently i am trying out a strain that my buddy gave me called Concrete Leopard. he bred it a while back. it is a purple kush and pre 98 bubba cross. i attached a picture of it on week 3 of flower... after that gets done i have pineapple express that i just started vegging in hydro(it isn't the osd cut, the pineapple and la cheese i have are from seeds that i ordered and tested outdoors last summer). i also have some LA cheese clones that are about to go into hydro and veg up next to my pineapple in my veg room. between those 2 crops vegging and all my moms i hope i can find enough space to veg the test run girls lol.

WP 20131230 004
ohgee kush

ohgee kush

Knubs Glad it all worked out for you while you were up here in cali and you left with some clones and not empty handed.

K

knubs

Nice your in water!!!!!!

yup. I use to love soil, and fox farm was my favorite. That was years ago though and now their soil sucks and it is very inconsistant... I've converted to hydro and have had better results because I can control every little thing.
I keep moms in coco though, and I will be doing my test run for all these strains in coco. I'm set up to veg a 2000w hydro crop and flower anywhere between 1000 and 3000 watts, so I have plenty of flower space for the test run but limited veg space so they will probably be small.

oh yeah and I also got hooked up with some 3 kings og clones. I'm pretty anxious to try this one. If its anything like the three kings I've had in the past I'm sure it will be one of my favorites.

I'm very grateful to have all these strains. Growing is my hobby and I think I have enough genetics to entertain me for a while now! I love collecting good strains though so the hunt is never over.

Top Bottom