Hard to keep lit

• Thread starter TALLDOG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Tall,

You may want to get some fresh nutrients and maybe even some new bulbs. The bulbs will not help your smoke stay lit, but it may help your yields. But I don't know how old those nutes are or how contaminated they are. Nutes are one thing I usually don't like to take from other people. Given nutrient schedules are known for stating rates that are too high, cut your nutrient rates in half. That may help.

As for simple nutrients, you could always use GH Flora Duo, two bottles of base, then maybe a single flower booster and sweetener. Should be all you need. There is also GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom. One part powdered nutrients. We solidarity already mentioned Veg+Bloom, a one part powdered nutrient. There is also the Dyna-Grow line, one part grow and one part bloom liquid nutrients; again you can add a few boosters and other additives. There are lots of options out there. I personally steer entirely clear of anything AN; but that is in part a personal issue with them.

H

hondapower420

how often do you calibrate your ph pen/moniter? ever replace your moniter/pen?

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

Your ph will be more stable if you mix nutes and give it a couple hours before adjusting PH. What ppm is your nutrients when you add back water? Your nutrients are acidic and your solution may be rising as your plants feed and dilute your nutrient solution. The smaller your res. the harder it is to control ph swings and ppm. I have used GH ph down for as long as I can remember with no issues. That's a lot you are throwing at your plants and agree with those who think the flush is the cause of your burn problem. I use GH 3 part and have had trouble in the past with keeping my joints lit when I used their cool bloom as long as they recommend. When I cut out the dry cool bloom completely and only used the liquid half as long as the chart recommends the problem was gone. In that small of a res. I would change the water I am flushing with every couple days. All that aside your plants look healthy and happy.

Just noticed this thread was started in March, did it burn better this time around?

TALLDOG

TALLDOG

Issue solved. The noots I was running were over 3 years old. They seemed to do the job, but was constantly chasing ph...
Bought new line of GH advanced, and now I go a full cycle (week) without having to adjust.... constantly rides at 6.1.
NOTE: I did install an RO filter months ago. That didn't make a diff... changing over to "fresh" noots was the fix.

Top Bottom