Hard to see, hoping I caught it soon enough but not to soon.

• Thread starter Douche_Bigalow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Douche_Bigalow

Hello and good day to everyone.
I have 5 Ladies in a uc6 (8 gallon)
3000 watts
Chiller
Co2:1200-1250.
PPM:650
PH: 5.79
R.O. water
Lux reading at the highest Cola: 90.
Water Temp: 62-67
Relative humidity:65-70% daytime. 30-45 night time.
Temp: 26-30

I noticed this browning spots on the cola. I have recently changed the water out as normal and am using heavy 16 only. Third week of flower.
IMAG0854.jpg

It is a little harder to see in the picture. I will get a pick with light off later. I have my ideas as to what it is but I am uncertain and I do not want to taint the hivemind's diagnosis with my laymen thoughts. I had a really bad case of what I thought was root rot but have learned that it was "brown algae". I have been told that it is almost always a crop killer in RDWC. I spanked that stuff like it was a $50 hooker at mardi gras that has gone 3 days without a rock. Everything else is going well. Just these browning spots on the top part of the fan leaves about the flower.

Any help in identifying this so I can spank it as well would be awesome.

Alright, adding pics as I promised.
See the thing I am talking about?
IMAG0860.jpg

Here is what the one next to it looks like.
IMAG0861.jpg

And here is a side shot of what both of them look like.
IMAG0862.jpg

I hope this helps someone identify what this is.

B

bulldog74

I notice you are hitting around week 3 of flower. Are you using CALMAG? What strain?

mango420

mango420

What rates are you feeding the heavy 16? Are you using both parts? How close is the light to the top? IMO it looks like either a boron deficiency or light burn.

D

Douche_Bigalow

I notice you are hitting around week 3 of flower. Are you using CALMAG? What strain?

Yes, I am using Epsom salt for the cal mag. I was told it is Raspberry when I got the clones.

EDIT: I am just adding a little bit of the CALMAG in salt form. Is there an amount that you would recommend me to add or is there something that I should be looking for on the plant to show a deficiency?
Thanks for stopping by I really need the help.

D

Douche_Bigalow

What rates are you feeding the heavy 16? Are you using both parts? How close is the light to the top? IMO it looks like either a boron deficiency or light burn.

I am not doing a per gallon dose measurement on the nutes. I called and chatted with the dude that makes the stuff and he talked me though what he advises for the feeding. Basically, after a dump and fill I use the RO water and I add equal parts a+b starting at 200ml so 200 a + 200 b and then wait an hour measure the PPM and then do the math to see how much more I need to add to get the ppm's that I want. At the moment I get to the 750-800 range and as long as the ph is at or below 5.8 but not below 5.2. At this point I consider this my starting point. I am carrying my water in from a machine that is 1.25$ for 5 gallons. I should be getting an RO machine this week though and when that happens I will start stacking. Meaning that I will not do a complete change of the water unless I am changing from veg to flower or get any issues that I need to treat. Like the Brown algae I had a bit ago. The Ro machine will be on a float valve and auto top off the system. Then once a week on the same day. I will top off the nutes.

Currently the lights are 18-24 inches away from the top of the plant's. Currently I am getting about 75 lux on the highest cola. This translates to 6.967728 or about 7 lm/ft2. This is at the highest cola.
I also was thinking it could be a boron deficiency but after looking at the remainder of the plants this is the only location that this type of markings/damage is showing. This is my first grow so I have no first hand experiences with Boron or the lack there of. I think the light burn idea may be spot on. After I noticed it I raised the lights 6 inches and I have not had any addition to the area or new locations appear anywhere else.

After all of this info do you read anything that I may be doing wrong? Also, thank you for stopping by.

Latest posts

Top Bottom