Hardly any trichomes week 7 flower blueberry

• Thread starter Grow4fun
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Grow4fun

Grow4fun

Hey there experienced growers. I’ve run into something that I’ve not seen in my short 3 years of growing. Now I’ve grown some amazing stuff (good quality and quantity) getting over a pound under one led light. (Mars hydro TS 3000). The problem I have is I have a blueberry strain that is not producing any trichomes and I’m in week 7 flower. There are some but hardly. I have 2 other plants that are super frosty in the same tent. Just recently it looks like she is getting some nanners on her and I think I’m seeing pollen sacs but I’m not sure. Temps in tent avg about 84 when lights on and go down to 75 degrees lights off. There have been a few occasions that it hit 88. I use AN for nutes and I’m growing in pro mix hp (5 gallon) pot. My PH has been 5.9 to 6.4 which I check every time before watering
Bottom line this blueberry plant is just not looking like what I would expect for a plant in week 7 flower. Curious what you think

Hardly any trichomes week 7 flower blueberry
Hardly any trichomes week 7 flower blueberry 2
Hardly any trichomes week 7 flower blueberry 3
growsince79

growsince79

It can only be genetics not environment. Where did you get the seed.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Hey there experienced growers. I’ve run into something that I’ve not seen in my short 3 years of growing. Now I’ve grown some amazing stuff (good quality and quantity) getting over a pound under one led light. (Mars hydro TS 3000). The problem I have is I have a blueberry strain that is not producing any trichomes and I’m in week 7 flower. There are some but hardly. I have 2 other plants that are super frosty in the same tent. Just recently it looks like she is getting some nanners on her and I think I’m seeing pollen sacs but I’m not sure. Temps in tent avg about 84 when lights on and go down to 75 degrees lights off. There have been a few occasions that it hit 88. I use AN for nutes and I’m growing in pro mix hp (5 gallon) pot. My PH has been 5.9 to 6.4 which I check every time before watering
Bottom line this blueberry plant is just not looking like what I would expect for a plant in week 7 flower. Curious what you think
Looks like it's revegging to an extent, are you having any light leaks or timer issues?
Screenshot 20200825 161228 Chrome

Could be seeded too?
Screenshot 20200825 161220 Chrome

Edit: I can't tell if this is pollen or bug damage or what it is can you see what I'm referring to
Screenshot 20200825 161530 Chrome

Grow4fun

Grow4fun

I got them from a Seedsman- first time getting seeds from them. Although my kosher kush and green crack are looking good.
Also the pic with my thumb in the pic if you zoom in does that look like pollen sacs? I’ve been fortunate and have had pretty good grows in the past and never had issues this late in flower

growsince79

growsince79

Definitely nannars and seeds. I'd kill it. Hopefully the others aren't too seedy.

Grow4fun

Grow4fun

Looks like it's revegging to an extent, are you having any light leaks or timer issues?
View attachment 1021426

Could be seeded too?
View attachment 1021427

Edit: I can't tell if this is pollen or bug damage or what it is can you see what I'm referring to
View attachment 1021428
View attachment 1021426

Could be seeded too?
View attachment 1021427

View attachment 1021428
Thank you beach walker I just checked and it appears to be leaf discoloration. No bugs and it does not wipe off.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Thank you beach walker I just checked and it appears to be leaf discoloration. No bugs and it does not wipe off.
I'd also be checking for light leaks because your plants revegging for some reason and it's seeded too, looks like some pollen was already released if you checked the second picture I posted good luck!

Grow4fun

Grow4fun

Definitely nannars and seeds. I'd kill it. Hopefully the others aren't too seedy.
That’s what I was afraid of. My other 2 Plants only need a week before I harvest them. I’m curious what will happen if I keep this one going. But yes it does look like nanners and seeds. Totally bummed

growsince79

growsince79

That’s what I was afraid of. My other 2 Plants only need a week before I harvest them. I’m curious what will happen if I keep this one going. But yes it does look like nanners and seeds. Totally bummed
Sucks this late into it. Seeds take about 5 weeks to get ripe. The only thing worse than seedy buds are buds with immature seeds.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So if it's not pollen, not positive but you might want to check for mites
Screenshot 20200825 161519 Chrome
mites can cause all kinds of problems with a plant

Last edited:
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I agree hermed. I also just discovered my blue berry hermed. I'm deciding what to do with it now. Next time if you grow blueberrys don't think they frost up like your other strains because they naturally do not although mine are much frostyer than yours.

Man like you im so bummed out this was for my personal smoke as it's always been my fav since the 90s

I may be mistaken but at 7 weeks into flower your very close to done no? The breeder I got mine from says between 50-60 days

Grow4fun

Grow4fun

I agree hermed. I also just discovered my blue berry hermed. I'm deciding what to do with it now. Next time if you grow blueberrys don't think they frost up like your other strains because they naturally do not although mine are much frostyer than yours.

Man like you im so bummed out this was for my personal smoke as it's always been my fav since the 90s

I may be mistaken but at 7 weeks into flower your very close to done no? The breeder I got mine from says between 50-60 days
Ya crazy bummed man! Suppose to be 8 to 9 weeker. So your blueberry didnt frost up much either (good to know next time I try blueberry again)

JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
Mine were from Quebec cannabis seed company. The first couple times I got beans all was good the last is crap most seeds popped open then stopped growing not a single zkittkes bean has done more than just cracked. So disappointed but they were cheap and I got what I paid for

Madmax

Madmax

I have similar going on with the purple punch that im getting close to pulling its frosty but those hairs have nothing.im seeing more trics on the leaves lol ..this frost do they call it cystolithic hairs that retain no thc..im an outdoor grower and have never grown frosty plant like this that have f/^% all trichomes.the sweet zombie is exact opposite .more bulb heads to what im use to seeing outdoors...

Top Bottom