Harley"s Vero Cob Grow

• Thread starter Harley09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harley09

Harley09

I am growing some Granddaddy Purple, OG Kush, and a cross of Granddaddy Purple OG Kush I did myself.
I have 12 Vero 29 COBs 8 are BXRC35G10K0-D-72-SE and 4 are BXRC40E10K0-73SE they are driven by 2 Meanwell HLG-320H-C1400B drivers.
Plants are now 6 weeks old and are recovering from a low ph issue

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I am growing some Granddaddy Purple, OG Kush, and a cross of Granddaddy Purple OG Kush I did myself.
I have 12 Vero 29 COBs 8 are BXRC35G10K0-D-72-SE and 4 are BXRC40E10K0-73SE they are driven by 2 Meanwell HLG-320H-C1400B drivers.
Plants are now 6 weeks old and are recovering from a low ph issue
For us non led users,
Would u kindly tell us how many watts that is?
4X8 area?

Harley09

Harley09

My light is 600 watts
just 8 plants
I'm growing in 3' x 6' area
I've got $800 invested in the light
I water by hand
growing in peat moss with 30% perlite added
all the plants are from regular seeds I've bred not sure how many males I'm gonna have but
if there are too many males I'll end this grow and start another

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

My light is 600 watts
just 8 plants
I'm growing in 3' x 6' area
I've got $800 invested in the light
I water by hand
growing in peat moss with 30% perlite added
all the plants are from regular seeds I've bred not sure how many males I'm gonna have but
if there are too many males I'll end this grow and start another
U have any cooling? How hot your lights run?

Harley09

Harley09

Thanks Zen I've been there. I had to save up for 6 months to get my system. Did a lot of research in the meantime. I'll be doing some modifications to my system, I need to improve on the hangers and maybe change out the 4000K COBs to 2700K COBs, but not for awhile
My next big project will be RDWC I done with growing in soil I want more control and better yields. Never be happy with mediocrity I say.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Thanks Zen I've been there. I had to save up for 6 months to get my system. Did a lot of research in the meantime. I'll be doing some modifications to my system, I need to improve on the hangers and maybe change out the 4000K COBs to 2700K COBs, but not for awhile
My next big project will be RDWC I done with growing in soil I want more control and better yields. Never be happy with mediocrity I say.

I agree!

Harley09

Harley09

Welcome Sixstring, this grow is comin along pretty good now I think the ph problems are solved for now. The new growth looks good and I don't see signs of nutrient lock out any more . I have done some thinkin ( ya there's smoke commin out my ears lol) and I want to replace the 4000K cobs with 2700K cobs, won't happen until the next grow. For now though I will add my two SS400's to the show by movin the 4000K cobs to the outer rails and placing the SS 400's in the center. this will give me a total of 1280 watts in my 3'x6' space.
The pictures to follow show the plants are growin pretty good for now .
A couple of other things I need to redo are the hangar system and lengthen the wiring to permit raising and lowering the light rack and removal for upgrading .
For now here are some new pictures

IMG 2887
IMG 2888
IMG 2889
IMG 2890
IMG 2891
IMG 2892
IMG 2893
IMG 2894
IMG 2895
IMG 2896
IMG 2897
IMG 2898
IMG 2899
IMG 2900
IMG 2901
IMG 2902
IMG 2903
hillbil

hillbil

Awesome amount of light in that space. And so organized! That don't happen at my house. Lokkin' good!

Harley09

Harley09

Time for a little bit of a rant I'm lovin the new COB but it has created some issues I need to address the hangars I used were not very user friendly I could not get to one of the chains in the back corner as well as the light was not centered in the grow space I have addressed this issue by hanging the rack by two pulleys instead of four chains at the corners with rope to raise and lower the light as well as centering the light over the plants. The next issue is room temp it's too hot during lights on and too cold during lights off. I had installed a vent from the main HVAC unit that worked OK while it was hot outside and we needed AC but now it's gotten cold adding heat isn't good when it's already too hot in the room. For now I have to leave the door open during lights on and add additional heat from a space heater at lights off as I like to sleep in a cool room so no heat at night. The result is I have to check on the room constantly trying to keep it from getting too hot or cold.
I feel better now I'll stop complaining and get on with it

1816 House

1816 House

Nice setup, lotsa clean white growing area. Running water,too!
You can get some of those ID badge reels for keeping your cords out of the way, they retract the cord when the light get raised and lowered.
Id badge

Latest posts

Top Bottom