Harp Smash!

• Thread starter Harp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harp

Harp

Damn sorry too hear. For each successful grow In have there is usually a problem grow right around the corner. keep at it!

I agree. I'm just glad I chopped it before pollen sacks opened. I was in there removing lower branches and popcorn bud sites and found a bunch of nanners on one. Too many too just pull off.

Positive vibes @jessejames12345 !

Harp

Harp

I took a good look @ the base of these plants and almost positive they are from seed. it could be that the internodal spacing is just different phenotypes. Since one was a full on herm I'm guessing they are feminized seeds.

Harp

Harp

Root aphids! Fucking fuck! Dirt (indoors) is just not my forte. I had a feeling I was gonna run into issues by leaving the dirt in the dwc system. Fuck!

I'm looking up threats like crazy hoping to exterminate these little bugger's. They are all up in my roots. White little fuckers and black bigger fuckers. Some gnats as well but not as much as root aphids.

This is the first time I experience this problem. I don't want to have to chop the grow, clean, and start all over.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Harp

Harp

IMG 6480 IMG 6478 IMG 6479

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Sorry to see that. Maybe a pro can chime in. I've no experience with pests besides gnats. Best of luck.

Harp

Harp

So in order to save this crop (and future crops) I have to basically pay somewhere between $80-$100 & throw'em back into veg . @ this point think I rather cut my loses and start over clean with some clones.

Harp

Harp

I have a plan. It might sound crazy but I think it's worth a try. I'm goona carefully take the plants out and try to hose the roots and dirt out.

SodaLicious

SodaLicious

I have a plan. It might sound crazy but I think it's worth a try. I'm goona carefully take the plants out and try to hose the roots and dirt out.
At this point what do you have to loose? It's going to stung them for a bit but I think if your not ready to chop and start over what's left to loose?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I have a plan. It might sound crazy but I think it's worth a try. I'm goona carefully take the plants out and try to hose the roots and dirt off.
Might want to research hot water dunk also.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Well ... Me started on my left foot too. But one grow later I chopped 2/4 by now without any exercise and I'm still two in due, chopping one tomorrow and the other one later this week. Man's got to do what man's got to do!

Keep it green!

+++++Vibes

Harp

Harp

So here's what I did.
I carefully removed as much dirt with a water hose.
Got some SNS 203 and poured about 6oz in 3 gals of hot water. let the roots sit in the "hot bath" for about 2o mins. Root aphids went running for the hills! Seems like it worked! I will be doing another "hot water bath" with SNS in about 5 days just to be sure I gottem.
I also removed my RDWC system and switched to single DWC. Cleaned/disinfected the grow tent.
Look like im back on!

pheeew! *wipe forehead*

IMG 6484
IMG 6482

Harp

Harp

3 weeks into flower
As suspected, the bugs are back but not as bad as it was. I did another SNS 203 hot bath. seems like its working.

Either I have two distinctly different phenos or one of my ladies is stress'n.
Im sure you can tell from the pictures witch one is crazy lookn. looks like an ugly wild weed. almost makes me want to cull just lookn at her.. this one had a more severe infestation. roots are inferior compared to plant size. damn bugs chop'n on my roots.

Im feeding House & garden aqua flakes.. I do feed feed water and when I water I like to change up the additives.
My last water consisted of; calmag, plant success great white (mycorrhizae), G.H. floranectar, and a lil house & garden top booster.

IMG 6516

juniper

juniper

I'm not one for natural remedies, as they usually don't work.
But nicotine teas will kill any arthropod, root aphids included.

One can of unflavored long-cut chewing tobacco to one gallon of hot water.
Steep until room temperature, strain, and drench the roots.
I'm not sure how much you'd need in DWC, but try adding a gallon of the
filtered, pH adjusted nicotine tea to your reservoir.

In fact, imidacloprid, common root aphid treatment, is a nicotine analog.

Nicotine doesn't hurt plants. Well, it can harm Solanaceae, but Cannabis
isn't in that category.

Harp

Harp

I'm not one for natural remedies, as they usually don't work.
But nicotine teas will kill any arthropod, root aphids included.

One can of unflavored long-cut chewing tobacco to one gallon of hot water.
Steep until room temperature, strain, and drench the roots.
I'm not sure how much you'd need in DWC, but try adding a gallon of the
filtered, pH adjusted nicotine tea to your reservoir.

In fact, imidacloprid, common root aphid treatment, is a nicotine analog.

Nicotine doesn't hurt plants. Well, it can harm Solanaceae, but Cannabis
isn't in that category.

Thank you for that. I will try the "tabaco attacko" if they persist.

juniper

juniper

Imidacloprid didn't work for me and has a ridiculous half life which remains in the final product. Never tried Nicotine and in my research learned that it CAN harm Cannabis plants. I suppose it could be dosage strength (which was the reason I didn't give it a shot). If I ever come across RA's again I'd probably start with a safe (LOW dosage) of Nicotine. If that doesn't work.. hit them with the Orthene.. Stuff kills very fast and has a safe half life!

Let us know your outcome bro and as always Best wishes!

What concentrations of nicotine did you use? The one I posted didn't hurt my plants and eradicated fungus gnats, in soil, overnight.

Perhaps root aphids have started to develop a tolerance to imidacloprid. I've never had issues with it on other plants. Then again,
this was years ago.

You say Orthene is the business? I'll definitely keep that in mind thanks for the tip, friend. Have you tried it on other
insects, like mites? I see that it's systemic and cheap, which I like, but I've never used it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom