Harvest in 2 days and have questions

• Thread starter Vb2flat2surf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

New first time grower. Grandaddy Purp Autos. Its day 75 since these plants were seeds, day 73 of being in organic soil. 3 plants are about 80 percent milky trichomes. The other 2 are at about 50 to 70 percent cloudy.
I am going to clean out my grow tent really good and use it as my drying room and have a few questions.
1.) I would like to wet trim all the remaining fan leaves and leave just the sugar leaves on and hang the whole plant. Good or bad idea?
2.) Humidity is fairly low this time of year and without doing anything but have the fans on lightly I can stay at around 40% give or take 3% on any given day. Is this too low if I plan on doing what I mentioned above? Temperature without doing anything would be right at 70 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Should I lower it?
3.) Most importantly, do they look ready to harvest? (I numbered all my plants in a picture because as previously mentioned, 2 plants look more ready.)
4.) How do they look for a first time grow?

Harvest in 2 days and have questions
Harvest in 2 days and have questions 2
Harvest in 2 days and have questions 3
Harvest in 2 days and have questions 4
Harvest in 2 days and have questions 5
Harvest in 2 days and have questions 6
Harvest in 2 days and have questions 7
Harvest in 2 days and have questions 8
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you have the magnifier, looks good
generally if you cannot control your drying environment than you did what your suppose to do is find out what it’s at..
low humidity and slightly high temp than yes leave as much as that plant together as you can to slow the process down..
with those conditions i’d hang the whole as is, leave the fan leaves..
it’ll suck for trimming etc, but it’s your best option.. unless you can raise the humidity..
ideally 55-58% humidity and 60-65 temp for 10 days

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I'll get a humidifier if a higher humidity is better. Even though it's my first grow, I'm a very patient person and would rather prolong things to get it right. I have never even seen a grow in person before this one so I have nothing to compare to.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I'll get a humidifier if a higher humidity is better. Even though it's my first grow, I'm a very patient person and would rather prolong things to get it right. I have never even seen a grow in person before this one so I have nothing to compare to.
well looks like you did a pretty good job!!

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thanks. I've owned a landscape company for 24 years so I have a green thumb. Even though many told me not to top at day 20, I really think it helped get me better results. I just got 5 more gelato seeds and was going to try do grow 3 without any training and then 2 and mimic everything I did this grow (I kept a grow journal), to see how good or bad topping autos really is for my self

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

New first time grower. Grandaddy Purp Autos. Its day 75 since these plants were seeds, day 73 of being in organic soil. 3 plants are about 80 percent milky trichomes. The other 2 are at about 50 to 70 percent cloudy.
I am going to clean out my grow tent really good and use it as my drying room and have a few questions.
1.) I would like to wet trim all the remaining fan leaves and leave just the sugar leaves on and hang the whole plant. Good or bad idea?
2.) Humidity is fairly low this time of year and without doing anything but have the fans on lightly I can stay at around 40% give or take 3% on any given day. Is this too low if I plan on doing what I mentioned above? Temperature without doing anything would be right at 70 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Should I lower it?
3.) Most importantly, do they look ready to harvest? (I numbered all my plants in a picture because as previously mentioned, 2 plants look more ready.)
4.) How do they look for a first time grow?
Wow they look potent AF. :)

They look fantastic enjoy amigo.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Sweet!!! Well I guess I will mimic everything I did in this grow, on atleast 2 of my next plants (Gelato) and then do no training on the others and compare.

Rooke

Rooke

They say not to top or transplant or defoliate autos I tried all 3 some stunted and some flourished it’s all strain dependant imho if you like the smoke from this strain run her again! Awesome results bro!

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Wow!!! See I can't wait till we buy our house (hopefully in next 2 months) so I am not limited in space and to just let those baby's grow like that. I was VERY limited in both space and time. I can definitely tell I had some stunted growth, but I'm lucky my plants are even alive. I fucked up so much in the beggining that I didn't think the plants were going to make it.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm about to give them one last watering and was going to cut lights of for 48. This is another thing I'm wondering about. I've read that the darkness will give one good last stress to help with sugar increase. Then I've heard others say it doesn't do anything. Based on videos, readings I'm seeing about 50/50 on this topic. Is 48 hours darkness good,bad or simply just wasting 2 more days of good light

shortjohnson

shortjohnson

Im a landscraper too. Train them up. Its a more fun and involved grow. Its not a solid hobby unless your involved. YOu will be involved w any training. Scrog that shit up. And move beyong the autoflower stuff. Photoperiod pot is far more dank hands down.

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

I spent 10 hours outdoors pruning (Hedges for my company) and literally got home about an hour ago and have been fucking around with something cannabis related. Smoked first, looked at videos on harvesting and I'm about to prepare my last,only water, watering at 6.0ph. (My soil PH has always been on the higher end regardless of if I balance my PH at 6.2 or not. These are the last pictures I just took. My hands shake really bad so it's the best I could do with my camera. Gonna water and cut these lights off for 2 days which will put me at harvest on day 80.

Screenshot 20211020 182507 Gallery
Screenshot 20211020 182451 Gallery
Screenshot 20211020 182436 Gallery
Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Im a landscraper too. Train them up. Its a more fun and involved grow. Its not a solid hobby unless your involved. YOu will be involved w any training. Scrog that shit up. And move beyong the autoflower stuff. Photoperiod pot is far more dank hands down.
I absolutely will be doing photo as soon as we buy out house in 3 months. We are in a tiny town house, just got married October 2nd, went to Jamaica for our honeymoon for 7 days and I was trying to time it to harvest it as soon as we got home from Jamaica last weekend

Vb2flat2surf

Vb2flat2surf

Lights are going off now for 48 hours (Friday evening). This is one last picture of one of my fatter colas. I can't close my fingers around it which would be a 7" circumference. I'll update a picture in 2 days to see if 48 hours of darkness made a difference

20211020 194444

Latest posts

Top Bottom