Harvest In The Dark Period For Better Flavor?

• Thread starter Dankalicious
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dankalicious

Dankalicious

Apologies if this has already been started, but will harvesting your plants at a certain time of their photoperiod cycle create better or worse flavors in the end product?

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

I have this argument with a fellow grower about this. I used to practice herbal medicine and grew all my own herbs. The best time to harvest those herbs was early in the morning around dawn. Reason being they will put out there oils during the day. Hence that's why u can smell them. So if taken in a morning they are jam packed with oil. I think it's the same with weed. He doesn't. So we just butt heads over it. It's gonna be interesting hearing other opinions.

ArcticOrange

ArcticOrange

I have this argument with a fellow grower about this. I used to practice herbal medicine and grew all my own herbs. The best time to harvest those herbs was early in the morning around dawn. Reason being they will put out there oils during the day. Hence that's why u can smell them. So if taken in a morning they are jam packed with oil. I think it's the same with weed. He doesn't. So we just butt heads over it. It's gonna be interesting hearing other opinions.

I'm with you here, just after lights on for my gals.

Weedseed420

Weedseed420

Well-Known Farmer
Supporter
i have harvested both in am in the after noon and at nite an i do think the budz havested in the am were better i did this off the same plant an put in jars labled an went from there everything same cept the harvest time,,,so i harvest in the am now ,,all the time,, the taste an smell were better not a lot but enough to tell the diff,,,

Symbioid

Symbioid

Ive heard some growers say to shit your lights off for 48h before u cut the plant down

Top Bottom