Harvest now or wait for lower buds to mature?

• Thread starter mthiker33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mthiker33

Some buds near top of cannabis plant look like they are ready for harvest, (tan or brown pistols and milky trichomes) but lower buds are not as mature. Question: (1) harvest the whole plant now, (2) wait for lower buds to get tan or brown pistols and milky trichomes and then harvest, or (3) cut off and dry the buds that look mature and leave the lower buds on the main trunk and hope they will soon mature?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I would take a look at what’s behind door number three. I partial harvest outdoors.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Absolutely, and yes, what you leave will continue to mature. The only issue would be if you really need that space right away. But if you can wait a little longer, harvest over 7, 10 days, those last buds will be better.

BTalbott

BTalbott

I am in a predicament. I grow outside. Some of my trees were 12-14' high. With this latest storm coming in I had to make a decision to hurrily harvest the top half due to wind and the heavy rains coming. I didn't get to flush my trees or get the fan leaves off. I had to hang in some large branches and some smaller quickly before storm came thru. Should I go and trim the fan leaves now while they are hanging?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I would. Sounds like you’re in a high humidity area. I wouldn’t want anything hanging, but calyxes and sugar leaves.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

If it's to low they need to go. You don't want little pebbles..

Top Bottom