harvest question check it out

• Thread starter NBfrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NBfrost

hello all i have a harvest question . i am in week 7 of bud mode , i was wondering that when i harvest , if i chop all my big buds , and leave the bottoms for another week or 2 will they get bigger ?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
they might - it really depends on the strain bro

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
great question though.
I have wondered the same thing

Might have to try that next harvest

N

NBfrost

i know acouple friends who have done this outdoors and that say it was good , but i am wondering if it is worth the extrax money invested in my power bill to do so .. i am growing 3 strains , blueberry , critical mass , and a strain i got from a friend called block head .. has anyone heard of that one ?

T

theTinker

Yes they do definitely get bigger and more mature. I oft tried this.

It is however only worth doing for the following reasons.
You dont have other plants ready to go into the room and its better to produce a lil than none.
The power bill isnt ur concern but the bud is. eg: power for a week costs nothing in comparison the bud produced if your selling, or simply if you prefer bud over the money for bill.

But yes, it definitely works. Just leave as much canopy as possible on the plant though. The more you chop, the less the plant can use to keep producing.

N

NBfrost

awsome i think i am going to try this . i am buding 16 plants out under 1 1000w hps , i have 3 more but i am almost dont and i want to remake my room untill finished , i just wanted the bottom buds to size up .what should i do about my feed schedual ? .
thanks

j wizzle

j wizzle

they will probably get bigger....but if you will get more in the long run if you just trim all the bottom crap off the plants and harvest the entire plant.

youre going to waste 1 1/2-2 months a year on crap popcorn bud....thats almost another harvest that will yield alot more than letting the bottom stuff get larger.

you should chop the bottom crap off and let the top buds take all that energy they are losing on the popcorn IMO

devilrays

devilrays

they will probably get bigger....but if you will get more in the long run if you just trim all the bottom crap off the plants and harvest the entire plant.

youre going to waste 1 1/2-2 months a year on crap popcorn bud....thats almost another harvest that will yield alot more than letting the bottom stuff get larger.

you should chop the bottom crap off and let the top buds take all that energy they are losing on the popcorn IMO

^^^^^
very true!!

K

Kief Stoned

They will get bigger but not a huge amount. They wont turn into colas . Not by a loing shot. What this does mainly is allow the bottom buds to mature more ( trichs ) as alot of times the bottom buds that dont get as much light arent as mature or as filled out as the top ones.

K

Kief Stoned

Yea.. Thats what I do. I dont wanna mess with popcorn anyway and ALOT of ppl say it lets the coals get bigger.I always trim most of the bottom / skinny branches off after 2 weeks flowering.

T

theTinker

awsome i think i am going to try this . i am buding 16 plants out under 1 1000w hps , i have 3 more but i am almost dont and i want to remake my room untill finished , i just wanted the bottom buds to size up .what should i do about my feed schedual ? .
thanks

IF you are trimming your buds. Dont worry about a feed schedule. Plain water should be getting used to flush the plant anyways. And if you are not flushing. Plain water the plant anyways. Theres bound to be enough nutes left in the soil for the lil buds to eat up.

Even though all this works. Its usally much better to just pull the plants and stick a fresh crop in. Gives an extra 1-2 weeks head start on the next crop. I wouldnt ever waste my time with the popcorn bud. Just trim n smoke it. If you dont have another crop ready for the room, fair enough. Might aswell i guess. Make sure to lower the lights quite a bit for the new canopy height.

Top Bottom