Harvest Question.

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G gnome

G gnome

How much more difficult would you say the dry trim is than wet? I've done wet every time, and did once have the permanent grassy smell cos I ran a dehumidifier in the tent. I'd like to try a dry trim to see the difference for myself. But I'd rather not be spending half a day with the fiskars picking out curled up crispy sugar leaves from inside my buds. Or is it not as bad as I imagine?
Its not as bad. Theyre brittle so they come right off

Enforcer

Enforcer

How much more difficult would you say the dry trim is than wet? I've done wet every time, and did once have the permanent grassy smell cos I ran a dehumidifier in the tent. I'd like to try a dry trim to see the difference for myself. But I'd rather not be spending half a day with the fiskars picking out curled up crispy sugar leaves from inside my buds. Or is it not as bad as I imagine?

My plants were not particularly leafy. But I really didn’t notice that much of a difference in difficulty. I did notice that it was a lot easier to miss a section of the bud while spinnng and trimming. The lack of the hay smell was worth it for me. Just use a drip pan or trim bin and get in a comfortable position. Not to bad at all.

j wizzle

j wizzle

My plants were not particularly leafy. But I really didn’t notice that much of a difference in difficulty. I did notice that it was a lot easier to miss a section of the bud while spinnng and trimming. The lack of the hay smell was worth it for me. Just use a drip pan or trim bin and get in a comfortable position. Not to bad at all.

exactly....why would you even risk it? even if you leave it in a room at 60% humidity, its still going to dry faster if you wet trim regardless, as there is less wet material surrounding the calyx.

a crop is basically a 6 month process start to finish....why would you care about spending 4 hours trimming vs 2 hours trimming?

if you aren't puling 10+ pound crops, why would you machine trim or wet trim? makes zero sense.

I think people just want to do the easy way, and they want validation from others so they can justify it in their minds.

if you have an og, its so simple to trim, there's no benefit doing it wet. if you have a huge kola leafy strain, it would be faster, but not that much faster. And it certainly wont look as nice.

j wizzle

j wizzle

I trim a pound a day(8 hours by hand) dry weight. I use fiskers with spring action and I smoke the scissor resin to keep me going. I love to trim in the sunlight on a tray so i can see any bugs, dirty, dust grime, crime , mold, and hair! Love me some nice clean buds trimmed to the medicinal grade standard of no leaf just pure bud.

100%... this guy gets it. right on, nothing like some pure, clean scissor hash to keep you going. I get so much, I scrape it, roll it into balls, throw it in a jar and save it for later. straight full melty danky goodness.

P

PassTheJ

Update...

They're still hanging since Sunday-monday. Temp 68. Humd. 58. Branches arnt snapping yet but they're close..

I have a problem though. I have 2 leave for 3 days unfortunately tomorrow morning. So either I have to jar them 2night, a day or 2 early, or Tuesday night when I return, a day or 2 late..

How do I go about about it? Which is the lesser evil. Maybe turn my fans down a bit and run humidity at 65 to prolonge..

Enforcer

Enforcer

Update...

They're still hanging since Sunday-monday. Temp 68. Humd. 58. Branches arnt snapping yet but they're close..

I have a problem though. I have 2 leave for 3 days unfortunately tomorrow morning. So either I have to jar them 2night, a day or 2 early, or Tuesday night when I return, a day or 2 late..

How do I go about about it? Which is the lesser evil. Maybe turn my fans down a bit and run humidity at 65 to prolonge..
I would recommend against jarring and then leaving for a few days. You’re re going to need to burp them within the first 24 hours. I’m afraid freshly jarred buds, after a few days of being sealed, would be a compacted wet mess at the bottom of the jar. Great environment for mold to take hold. I think the lesser of the two evils would be to leave it drying, then jar when you get back and can do a proper cure.

If you can decrease the temp to 60*f and leave the humidity where it is, that should extend the drying time.

G gnome

G gnome

I would recommend against jarring and then leaving for a few days. You’re re going to need to burp them within the first 24 hours. I’m afraid freshly jarred buds, after a few days of being sealed, would be a compacted wet mess at the bottom of the jar. Great environment for mold to take hold. I think the lesser of the two evils would be to leave it drying, then jar when you get back and can do a proper cure.

If you can decrease the temp to 60*f and leave the humidity where it is, that should extend the drying time.
Paper grocery bag

P

PassTheJ

Ok I just changed my plans a bit. Leaving in the morning. I'll have a chance to look at them again and decide.

I can drop the temp to 60.. But if I jar them, someone can burp them everyday until I get back too but not much more then that. If wet spots occur, the bud will not be removed from jars and that's what really worries me.

I did I wet trim and honestly I thought they'd be ready by now but I guess when you have an optimal environment, it doesn't really matter. It'll be 7 days no matter what..

I figure that once they're jarred, temp stays the same, humidity stays the same.. Only difference is the glass encasing so no air flow.. if environment is basically the same, letting them hang 2 extra days can't possibly be that damaging..

j wizzle

j wizzle

put your branches into a 28 gal container and depending on the moisture, leave the lid off, or just set it on top, etc. I separate each layer with parchment paper. I know grow master does this as well, it works well. you can rotate the layers if you need to if the bottom is to wet and the top gets too dry, etc.

P

PassTheJ

Master Kush
White Russian
Girl Scout Cookies

Also had AK47 but got rid of that one before I could take a pic.

They kinda all look the same. Lol

20180411 115822
20180411 115640
20180411 120033
P

PassTheJ

Tastes pretty good. I understand its all subjective but the best way I can describe it is that you don't get tired of smoking it after a month.

The Gsc taste fabulous. Sweet vanilla citrus cookie. Ak47 was straight diesel tasting. Master kush had a pine citrus thing going. Lol.

They all came out pretty well.

dan1989

dan1989

Looks damn good. I have 3 Master Kush feminised seeds waiting to be popped. Seeing this I might have to put them somewhere sooner on the schedule :D

P

PassTheJ

Well thanks guys. I did it with Chinese burples.
Big upgrade coming.. 550s vs SpyderPlus vs plc 6.2

Hardest decision of my life. Lmfao. I have half the members screaming at me for being annoying about it.

But I really dont know. The wife says go for expensive ones but she buys cars based on color.

Grimmstone

Grimmstone

Lol hey I fully understand your predicament. Ignore the haters, ask questions and do your research. Can’t wait to see what u decide on. And great job by the way just using burples.

Top Bottom