Harvest Time! In Trim Jail today.

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
while i don't wet trim, hang dry and try to hit the 60/60 rule for 10-14 days. However long it takes for the stems to snap but not break completely, outside of buds feel crunchy but spongey inside. Then, chuck the buds from the stems, into paper bags for maybe another week until moisture feels right, then into jars for the cure.

Habosabin

Habosabin

I dry in paper bags and then dry trim. I'd do the tent dry thing if my tent was inside my house.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Drying usually takes us about 9 days. It's humid here 24/7 and that means it takes longer for everything.
Since they are up hanging, I need to go play in the dirt. I want to examine the root structures.
The humidity explains why you prefer wet trimming. I dry trim to slow drying time down to about 8 or 9 days.

Ponky

Ponky

Chopping down the harvest today. Trim Jail! We wet trim. Its faster and we don't wind up sticking to everything.
How does everyone dry? We hang them for a week in the tent.
It's easier to wet trim. And leave big stalks for the moisture. As a compromise between hang drying and a long shiity sticky trim. And wet trimming fully and it dries too fast.
As a guy who hates trimming and does it 2x a month. Wet trim. Leave the stalks. And slow dry it. I leave it on a screen in a bit of a pile. Let it dry for a couple to 4 weeks. Then toss it in a paper bag and open and close it for like 5 days in the AC room. Like 68 F I used to measure the humidity in the tent. Don't anymore. I get a non smoker to smell it as it cures to see how it's going.

freezeland2

freezeland2

68 degrees and 50 - 55% RH. Wet trim fan leaves off and ends of sugar leaves. Hang branches rather than entire plant. 5 days later buds are crisp outside and marshmallowy when squeezed. Into paper bags for another 5 - 7 days until the in bag RH stays consistent with outside the bag rh and small branches snap. Then final dry trim and in to grove bags to cure. 1 to 2 weeks in the grove bags and it’s perfect.

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It's easier to wet trim. And leave big stalks for the moisture. As a compromise between hang drying and a long shiity sticky trim. And wet trimming fully and it dries too fast.
As a guy who hates trimming and does it 2x a month. Wet trim. Leave the stalks. And slow dry it. I leave it on a screen in a bit of a pile. Let it dry for a couple to 4 weeks. Then toss it in a paper bag and open and close it for like 5 days in the AC room. Like 68 F I used to measure the humidity in the tent. Don't anymore. I get a non smoker to smell it as it cures to see how it's going.
Thats close to what we do. Wet trim and leave the stalks and everything hanging with fans on it. If we run dehimid, they get crispy really fast and we lose half the trichs. Screw that. 10 days is worth the wait.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I was just tearing apart the root structures on a couple of these. Well developed and healthy all the way out to the edges of the pots and turned inward in many areas. But they were not as deep as I'd hoped. That was the old soil mix. Lets see how the new mix changes things up. We went from FFOF to a mix of that and some worm castings. The grow was doubled. Now we are mixing in Lush and letting the Recharge sit it out during veg unless there is an obvious need.

Ponky

Ponky

I yeah. I use mylar bags. And an impulse sealer with oxygen absorbing pouches for storage. They're better than a Mason jar. I think that's the same as Grove bags.

Ponky

Ponky

I was just tearing apart the root structures on a couple of these. Well developed and healthy all the way out to the edges of the pots and turned inward in many areas. But they were not as deep as I'd hoped. That was the old soil mix. Lets see how the new mix changes things up. We went from FFOF to a mix of that and some worm castings. The grow was doubled. Now we are mixing in Lush and letting the Recharge sit it out during veg unless there is an obvious need.
Weird. I only use promix. And it's always a solid cube of roots. If the yield is good it must be fine.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Weird. I only use promix. And it's always a solid cube of roots. If the yield is good it must be fine.
We are testing for the best 'hands off' organic mix. ProMix didn't cut it without the recharge. Lush is organic all the way so we are mixing it in. We always reuse soil. Each grow we have to add about 25% more soil to top the pots off again. That is our mix ratio 25/75. Its enough to see changes, but not so much it will overwhelm. This next grow we are expecting the yield to increase because we changed 2 things. Soil and how often MBE's are fed.

Moshmen

Moshmen

The humidity explains why you prefer wet trimming. I dry trim to slow drying time down to about 8 or 9 days.
Even though it may not be the best thing - I wet trim to cut down on drying time and ease of trimming , maybe as my collection of cured bud grows I won’t be in such a hurry 7-10 days does for me if not I’ll cut buds off branches and let sit a couple more

Ponky

Ponky

We are testing for the best 'hands off' organic mix. ProMix didn't cut it without the recharge. Lush is organic all the way so we are mixing it in. We always reuse soil. Each grow we have to add about 25% more soil to top the pots off again. That is our mix ratio 25/75. Its enough to see changes, but not so much it will overwhelm. This next grow we are expecting the yield to increase because we changed 2 things. Soil and how often MBE's are fed.
It would be nice to just add water. But I ways get pests. DWC has been my favorite lately. Organic soil only is the next hill to climb.

Top Bottom