Harvest time, or possible foxtailing?

• Thread starter jaimars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaimars

jaimars

So I’ve been looking at the trichomes and she looks ready to me but this is my first grow so I could be wrong! I already started flushing her which may have been a mistake. I believe she is growing new white pistols because of heat stress she experienced also my buds are looking/growing a little weird....this would be week 10 flower strain is crystal!

Harvest time or possible foxtailing
Harvest time or possible foxtailing 2
Harvest time or possible foxtailing 3
Harvest time or possible foxtailing 4
Harvest time or possible foxtailing 5
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Those don't look ready from where I'm sitting.

This looks like a sativa dom that has buds made of tails, rather than a plant foxtailing late in flower. A lot of haze crosses can be like that.

Where are you seeing amber trichs? If it's on the leaves, they don't count in my book. When you get them on calyxes, they count.

One more thing — I'm seeing a lot of dead fan leaves sticking out of those colas. Gently tug on each one. If they pull out easily, you have bud rot in there. If they're still firmly attached, everything is cool.

jaimars

jaimars

Those don't look ready from where I'm sitting.

This looks like a sativa dom that has buds made of tails, rather than a plant foxtailing late in flower. A lot of haze crosses can be like that.

Where are you seeing amber trichs? If it's on the leaves, they don't count in my book. When you get them on calyxes, they count.

One more thing — I'm seeing a lot of dead fan leaves sticking out of those colas. Gently tug on each one. If they pull out easily, you have bud rot in there. If they're still firmly attached, everything is cool.
I don’t want any amber trichomes just cloudy! Also they are still firmly attached just gave them a tug!....I’ve been getting mixed answers/advice so I’m dealing with a fair amount of anxiety about harvesting! How much longer do you think?

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

I would say that is foxtails. If your in week 10 of a 9 week flowering strain then you would be safe to harvest. Trichome color is a point of preference. You’ll learn and decide that on your own. I bet you don’t have many completely clear trichs? The yellowing leaves can be common from flushing and the dead leaves could be from heat. The buds look a bit airy. What light are ya using.
anyhow.... that’s my two cents bud and we all have two or three of those. Good luck and don’t over think it. Harvest, get one under your belt and move on. Enjoy your homegrown

jaimars

jaimars

I would say that is foxtails. If your in week 10 of a 9 week flowering strain then you would be safe to harvest. Trichome color is a point of preference. You’ll learn and decide that on your own. I bet you don’t have many completely clear trichs? The yellowing leaves can be common from flushing and the dead leaves could be from heat. The buds look a bit airy. What light are ya using.
anyhow.... that’s my two cents bud and we all have two or three of those. Good luck and don’t over think it. Harvest, get one under your belt and move on. Enjoy your homegrown
Thanks man! It’s suppose to be a 8-10 week but she seemed to keep growing white pistols and I thought she was foxtailing as well....Mars hydros 600w lights upgrading to the ts1000s next grow and I haven’t been able to get the best pic of trichomes cause my jewelers loupe is trash lol....The ones I can get with my smart phone she seems cloudy

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

Thanks man! It’s suppose to be a 8-10 week but she seemed to keep growing white pistols and I thought she was foxtailing as well....Mars hydros 600w lights upgrading to the ts1000s next grow and I haven’t been able to get the best pic of trichomes cause my jewelers loupe is trash lol....The ones I can get with my smart phone she seems cloudy
Foxtails will produce fresh white pistils. No need to take pics of trichomes. All to nearly all cloudy will be fine.. if you’ve got amber trichs and not many clear ones you can harvest. It isn’t rocket science, most is personal preference.
Are just growing the one plant?

Schnauzer

Schnauzer

I’m not a scientist just an avid grower
My journal is German’s grow spot if you’d like to see who you are talking to

jaimars

jaimars

Foxtails will produce fresh white pistils. No need to take pics of trichomes. All to nearly all cloudy will be fine.. if you’ve got amber trichs and not many clear ones you can harvest. It isn’t rocket science, most is personal preference.
Are just growing the one plant?
Oh ok! And no I have 3 autos as well in a different tent they are starting to bud!

Latest posts

Top Bottom