Harvest Time

• Thread starter New2dagame
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
New2dagame

New2dagame

Its middle of week 9 and these 3 beast are ready to be cut . Used scope last night on them and looking 50/50 on the tricombs.
Will cut 2 tonight and one tomorrow. These plants vegged for 3 months and flowered for 9 weeks . I'm currently trying to get the perfect environment in my tent that will b used to dry . Currently 82/52rh but shooting for 72/ 55rh does that sound right ? Would love some suggestions from past experiences. Of course trying to avoid mold

Harvest time
Harvest time 2
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

82 is a bit high for flower that late. Your rh sounds great. Also, when checking trichs, shoot for 10% amber at most. Have pie th of air movement. Look IT at your pics, I'd run another week. The hairs on the buds still look wispy and not receeding. But the trichs you say are 50/50. Amber, cloudy, clear?

fatawa

fatawa

Also, when checking trichs, shoot for 10% amber at most
totally agree.thats wen there at there peak.wen u pick a tomato or any fruit u dont wait for it to bruise and start to rot.turning amber means degrading,just my opinion of course.

New2dagame

New2dagame

Any ideas on how to lower temp in drying tent? 2by2by5ft
Its at 82 and I'm shooting for 70
Prefer not to have to buy AC

New2dagame

New2dagame

u have a fan n there yet?as long as its not blowing directly on the buds.i keep one rotating just underneath mine.
Have a fan on the floor rotating air .
Tried putting bag frozen food in a box with fan blowing on it . Lowered temp couple but not good enough yet .

Organikz

Organikz

Those girls are at their last push. Looking beautiful. You already got solid info. I only offer praise.

Organikz

Organikz

I know it sounds crazy but i know how to make a legit air conditioner with a fan, tubing, pump, and a 5g bucket.

Get zip ties and make a coil around the front of the fan. Enough to cool but not to block airflow.

Fill a 5g bucket with water and throw a pump in there. Hook one end of the coil to the pump and secure the other side so it only dumps in the bucket.

You can add ice from time to time.

New2dagame

New2dagame

u ever c one of the styrofoam coolers?kinda ghetto but might get u threw what u wanna do.fill it w/ice and hav fans blowing cold air up?
Not sure about this but will look into it ASAP.. thx for suggestions

Organikz

Organikz

Something I learned from experience when already lacking phos. Don't blow that cold air towards your pots/containers. Cold roots cannot take up nutrients as well and phos is the first to suffer. That why I somewhat laugh about people dropping.grow room temps way down in the plumping stage in an effort to make "purp". Im over here like "dude the plants are turning purple from phos deficiency which is.clutch for sugar assimilation". They make brix and.flower quality suffer so they can see.some."purp".

Low potassium can also cause phos problems. It assists in uptake of phos. Phos.

Apparently I get flamed by this quote by Clackamas coot. "Nutrient chasing is a fool's errand. I need moblydeium. maybe I can borrow a cup from the neighbors."

All that had to become is order a purple strain and feed her right.

Concentrate on an all around solod feed.

Dunge

Dunge

Looking good.
I cure by hanging plants from the ceiling of my veg space away from direct light.
This environment is convenient and seems ideal for a 7-10 day "stem snap" time.
Buds then get removed and placed into paper bags for a few days to finish off.
I then put them in pulse sealed mylar bags with an O2 scrubber in the bag.

As to the temp, I think your buds look fine. No fox tailing, which is my first indication that I have run too hot.
I predict a good harvest.

New2dagame

New2dagame

4 hours later finished trimming first plant . But bud looks great . Hanging in tent now .
Still working on environment in there .
74/60rh

IMG 8062
IMG 8064
IMG 8067
New2dagame

New2dagame

Two down one more to go . Vets weren't kidding when they said... find a movie , get some food and roll a bunch up because trimming is a long process . Loving the results though . Bud looking great not as sticky as my first run though . Thinking this is due to humidity being a little higher this flower cycle . So two plants hanging in tent with 72/60rh . Made a styrofoam AC .
BIG SHOUTOUT @Organikz @fatawa for suggestion! Hoping to get temp a little lower and get ready for heat increase in weather . Thinking my humidity will spike but wait got a dehumidifier ready . So I think I should be good . My last and first ever run had some brown looking mold on 10% of finished bud . And goes without saying I worked hard on these girls and want to enjoy every peice of her.
Thanks for taking the time to read and would love input and to hear about good and bad harvest experiences . 420allday

Top Bottom