Harvest Your Herb by DJ Short

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyglovedank

dirtyglovedank

thank you for the info that actualy answered a couple of questions ive been asking

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Bump...

If you have a plant where the top buds are swollen but the bottom ones are still small and thin do you ...
- only harvest the swollen buds and continue maturing the lower ones
OR
- harvest all of them at once regardless of how mature individual buds appear

I was just wondering this same thing....and was planning on doing the 1st one

Anyone have an answer?

G

green eyes

it depends on what you have time for.. and space for.....

its not a bad idea to chop the good mature buds and let the other stuff finish up if YARR dont mind waitin.:rain Its all really up to you and stuff like that. some people find powdery mildew on the lower buds so they just clean it up by chopping it at once. and not letting the spores over throw the room.

dorjewright

dorjewright

A couple of questions: does "days of flowering" begin at flip or when flowers are clearly visible?
More to the point, my super silver haze has had cloudy trichomes right from the get go and at about 40 days began to look kind of crispy with all the pistils brownish but at 53 days the trichomes are still not ambering much. I harvested some of the tops last night since there hasn't been any change for at least a week. The white widow and green crack really have swelled over the last week and look like they might pop seeds (just visually not really) and are hard as rocks. Most of the trichomes are clear to cloudy no amber, the pistils are almost all brownish. I know patience is a virtue most of the time and it seems early in terms of days but they sure look ready. The trainwreck and og kush are very clearly not ready, pistils still white and stretching.
And my last question with the buds so dense and hard should I separate the nugs when I chop? I'm afraid the insides might not get enough air and mold.

G

Green monkey

Good info, thanks. A question on the subject for anyone who may know:

Had Psychosis, cheese and Tangerine Dream growing together. The Psychosis and Cheese were cropped at the same time at 68days after looking at trichromes under the microscope, saw them going milky, started flush, by end of flush they were about 70% Amber, 15% brown and 15% still milky-ish. That was about perfect. The (mostly Sativa) Tangerine Dreams clearly needed longer than the (mostly Indica) Cheese and Psychosis. But they looked as if they were still in Veg in some places... Ie the buds were very thin and wispy, they had grown to over 2 metres (started at about 1m), I trained them to get maximum light, they seemed to respond well with the bent over tops almost horizontal and producing lots of buds vertically up towards the light. But they still had tops that seemed to be growing new leaves, stalks and buds but very thin etc.
I didn't know whether to sack it and just go with the Psychosis clones (that was awesome!), which I was going to do after anyway, or leave them going as it was still about 10 weeks. For pure Sativa I know that may very well not be long enough. But reading from 'Barney's' website (I got the seeds from Barney's on a previous visit) it says Tangerine Dream has a 'relatively short' 70 day flowering cycle.
There was no way 70 days was going to be enough.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried Tangerine Dream in Coco and how long it took them to fully flower?

Thanks in advance, and great info here! Thanks!!

Gm

V

virtusvelox

And you GM, just added to my list of 'discovered' information! Thanks
Yes the article was great and appreciated.

smokey79

smokey79

Good info, thanks. A question on the subject for anyone who may know:

Had Psychosis, cheese and Tangerine Dream growing together. The Psychosis and Cheese were cropped at the same time at 68days after looking at trichromes under the microscope, saw them going milky, started flush, by end of flush they were about 70% Amber, 15% brown and 15% still milky-ish. That was about perfect. The (mostly Sativa) Tangerine Dreams clearly needed longer than the (mostly Indica) Cheese and Psychosis. But they looked as if they were still in Veg in some places... Ie the buds were very thin and wispy, they had grown to over 2 metres (started at about 1m), I trained them to get maximum light, they seemed to respond well with the bent over tops almost horizontal and producing lots of buds vertically up towards the light. But they still had tops that seemed to be growing new leaves, stalks and buds but very thin etc.
I didn't know whether to sack it and just go with the Psychosis clones (that was awesome!), which I was going to do after anyway, or leave them going as it was still about 10 weeks. For pure Sativa I know that may very well not be long enough. But reading from 'Barney's' website (I got the seeds from Barney's on a previous visit) it says Tangerine Dream has a 'relatively short' 70 day flowering cycle.
There was no way 70 days was going to be enough.

I was wondering if anyone else had tried Tangerine Dream in Coco and how long it took them to fully flower?

Thanks in advance, and great info here! Thanks!!

Gm
good n bad frm barnys try new seeds
2p worth

HydroRocks

HydroRocks

Excellent info indeed! I would suggest a 60x microscope though instead of 30X. You can see SOOO much more at 60x and the scopes are not much more money at all (a 30X will work though).

Someone asked if you could go by the pistil hairs and the answer is no, you NEED to look at the trichromes for sure to determine maturity.

Excellent thread! +Rep to the OP!

mikeb437

mikeb437

When exactly is maturity? I haven't really seen an answer to that here,, When the tricks are clear,, cloudy, amber? Can you harvest when the trichs are all clear? Or do you have to wait till they r cloudy? My impression was that you pick when they are 20% amber. But does that give you the head high or the body high? So what should the trichs look like for the head high,, and the body high? My trichs are almost all cloudy,, can I harvest now? I ask a lot of questions don't I? Lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom