Harvest

• Thread starter Yoda
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yoda

Yoda

Ladies and gentlemen i know we are rounding harvest i am looking for drying and curing methods.... no fancy instruments just natural ideas

below frigid

below frigid

I use those silver tarp portable garages and run lines all over the place. You can get a bit in there. They come in lots of different sizes. The tarps are replaceable. This is the third and last season on this tarp. I will have to replace it next year. It was a cheapo model so I am sure they will last longer if you get a better grade. The frame will last a long time. I leave a lot of the leaves and keep the colas long because it is still warm and dry for the most part come the middle of October. In a perfect world I would take most of the leaf off before I put it in BIG contractor grade garbage bags but I don't. I have to watch it so it does not get too dry. When I bag I bought a bunch of those Caliber III Humidity gauges on e-bay. They are made for cigar humidors. When I bag it hopefully it is around 70% humidity. I open daily just for a minute or more if it feels like it needs it. Just trying to slow down the drying process. I guess you can call it a cure. When I give it to the trimmers It's around 65 %, because most of the time it is going to dry more during the trim. Last year my trimmers lived by the river in a area with lots of shade. Their house was very humid. Pain in the ass. I had to dry it some when I got it back. Personals is done a little different.

Top Bottom