harvested 6 days ago, few questions

• Thread starter thedubside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thedubside

thedubside

Hello,

Harvested and plants have been drying for 6 days so far, temp 16C, RH 55-60%. judging by stalks still have at least a few days hoping will be ready for curing by Sunday.

I think I read here that you can try some when still drying and while it wont taste great, the potency should already be there. well Ive tried a J from one of lower small buds and its very very weak. still pretty wet tho. will it get stronger after properly drying and curing or is this the extent of the high and only flavour and smell will get better? ( hope not! )

Also, it doesnt smell like weed, just smells like plant really un less you get right up into the bud. If i touch the buds or get in close for a smell there is a kind of sour fruity/piney kind of smell but still not like a weed ive ever smelt. but just opening the tent door the smell is very very reminiscent of the kind of weed my friend grows which is absolute bunk :( Its been dried slow with low temps and optimal humidity with airflow so not sure why it smells disappointing. during the grow it had a nice citrus kind of smell. wasnt reeking or anything - doubt i even needed the carbon filter. but was def a nice weed smell.

strain - pineapple chunk - which i got because read it's a heavy hitter and i like the deep couch lock paralysis. breeder said finish in 55 -60 days, I let it go for 74 and all pistils were orange and swollen buds.

is there hope?

thedubside

thedubside

im out of weed so took another tiny bud.... it had 5 seeds in it fml. praying the big fat colas arent screwed

growsince79

growsince79

Hello,

Harvested and plants have been drying for 6 days so far, temp 16C, RH 55-60%. judging by stalks still have at least a few days hoping will be ready for curing by Sunday.

I think I read here that you can try some when still drying and while it wont taste great, the potency should already be there. well Ive tried a J from one of lower small buds and its very very weak. still pretty wet tho. will it get stronger after properly drying and curing or is this the extent of the high and only flavour and smell will get better? ( hope not! )

Also, it doesnt smell like weed, just smells like plant really un less you get right up into the bud. If i touch the buds or get in close for a smell there is a kind of sour fruity/piney kind of smell but still not like a weed ive ever smelt. but just opening the tent door the smell is very very reminiscent of the kind of weed my friend grows which is absolute bunk :( Its been dried slow with low temps and optimal humidity with airflow so not sure why it smells disappointing. during the grow it had a nice citrus kind of smell. wasnt reeking or anything - doubt i even needed the carbon filter. but was def a nice weed smell.

strain - pineapple chunk - which i got because read it's a heavy hitter and i like the deep couch lock paralysis. breeder said finish in 55 -60 days, I let it go for 74 and all pistils were orange and swollen buds.

is there hope?
If its bunk now it might be better tasting bunk after cure. Any increased thc minimal.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hello,

is there hope?

Sounds like some bad seeds possibly. Also seems like the plant might have been stressed. If you're confident there were no males present, seeds mean you might have had a light leak or some other type of stressor to the plant. Bad seeds could have gone hermaphrodite but it could be stressors in your room.

thedubside

thedubside

1 plant did herm about 5 weeks into flower, not entirely sure why but think over stressed. I though i got all the nanners but obv not. other 2 plants were fine tho, hoping only the lowest branches got seeded.

growsince79

growsince79

Sounds like some bad seeds possibly. Also seems like the plant might have been stressed. If you're confident there were no males present, seeds mean you might have had a light leak or some other type of stressor to the plant. Bad seeds could have gone hermaphrodite but it could be stressors in your room.
Or it more likely shit genetics. WTF would anyone plant them?

thedubside

thedubside

no hermie seeds will be planted. buds are dryer today and still have good smell inside so think good cure will bring it out

Skunt01

Skunt01

How close were ur lights. My last one she got to tall had to move the light to the top of the tent. Mine only had naners on the high colas but I also did an early harvest on them but the rest of her was good.

linde

linde

sounds like you overripened it. once trichome begin to Amber it'll lose everything real fast. especially the smell. the guy said they were 55 day seeds and you grew it 75 days? there is a VERY fine ripening window and you probably over done it I hate to say.

thedubside

thedubside

sounds like you overripened it. once trichome begin to Amber it'll lose everything real fast. especially the smell. the guy said they were 55 day seeds and you grew it 75 days? there is a VERY fine ripening window and you probably over done it I hate to say.
only milky trichomes. breeder website said 55 - 60 ( which is an estimate anyway btw, you obviously dont get to 60 days and think '' breeder says it's time! must be time! ) could have easily went another few weeks, if anything think i harvested too early.

SwiftStixx

SwiftStixx

To my knowledge that sounds a lot like plants Ive damaged before with a foliar spray. It burned my girls to basically leafless stems. I moved the outdoors for rest of flower about 6 weeks. They regrew, and they were potent in smell outdoors. When harvested and dried the smell faded but tri’s where white and ready. In drying all smell when away. During curing they didn’t maintain humidity and came out minus smell and taste. The smell you are describing was spot on to mine with addition of fresh cut grass. The look and feel is there. The high is 30 mins solid of head high (super silver haze) and then tapers off easily.
Don’t be discouraged, add a small humidity control item to the cure and hope it all goes well. You can’t regain potency. But smell and taste can present itself in cure.
Hope it helps. I can supply photos if needed.

thedubside

thedubside

To my knowledge that sounds a lot like plants Ive damaged before with a foliar spray. It burned my girls to basically leafless stems. I moved the outdoors for rest of flower about 6 weeks. They regrew, and they were potent in smell outdoors. When harvested and dried the smell faded but tri’s where white and ready. In drying all smell when away. During curing they didn’t maintain humidity and came out minus smell and taste. The smell you are describing was spot on to mine with addition of fresh cut grass. The look and feel is there. The high is 30 mins solid of head high (super silver haze) and then tapers off easily.
Don’t be discouraged, add a small humidity control item to the cure and hope it all goes well. You can’t regain potency. But smell and taste can present itself in cure.
Hope it helps. I can supply photos if needed.
humidity is beween 55-60 for whole dry, still plenty moisture in them. today is 7th day drying so been reasonably slow, smell is getting better already, some buds smell beter than others. ill prob post pics in a grow thread soon. had no major issues, the one tha hermied was the only one i topped. and biggest noob mistake i made was after i flushed to get rid of nitro toxicity i didnt re feed at end of flush. so they went like a week being low on nutes and big cal mag issue presented. fixed it but reckon must have been too much stress for it. I figure the top buds will be most potent and ive only been smoking the larf so still have a little bti of hope.

thanks for all replys

growsince79

growsince79

humidity is beween 55-60 for whole dry, still plenty moisture in them. today is 7th day drying so been reasonably slow, smell is getting better already, some buds smell beter than others. ill prob post pics in a grow thread soon. had no major issues, the one tha hermied was the only one i topped. and biggest noob mistake i made was after i flushed to get rid of nitro toxicity i didnt re feed at end of flush. so they went like a week being low on nutes and big cal mag issue presented. fixed it but reckon must have been too much stress for it. I figure the top buds will be most potent and ive only been smoking the larf so still have a little bti of hope.

thanks for all replys
Pics or it didn't happen.

SwiftStixx

SwiftStixx

Sounds good and good luck. 👍 I think that you’ll see some slight improvements but here is my opinion only.

Remove any and all herms or males immediately and never return to the grow area. Too many risks involved and just not worth germinating a whole grow for one plant.
I do not supply nutrients 2 weeks ahead of harvest.I flush every 2-3 days for the two weeks w only cold ph water and a little bit of organic black strap molasses. By the time 2 weeks is up, the plants are dwindled to having no nutes. You do not want chemicals in your buds at harvest.This can burn tri’s and impact heavily the smell and taste. This is the #1 factor to flavor and best of smoke when lit in my opinion and experience.
Pics of my 9lb hammer girls.

3039EB57 1F90 4285 9992 022C4273BC3F
DECFB4A0 EBD0 4E39 BDC7 A03D05A16448
thedubside

thedubside

Sounds good and good luck. 👍 I think that you’ll see some slight improvements but here is my opinion only.

Remove any and all herms or males immediately and never return to the grow area. Too many risks involved and just not worth germinating a whole grow for one plant.
I do not supply nutrients 2 weeks ahead of harvest.I flush every 2-3 days for the two weeks w only cold ph water and a little bit of organic black strap molasses. By the time 2 weeks is up, the plants are dwindled to having no nutes. You do not want chemicals in your buds at harvest.This can burn tri’s and impact heavily the smell and taste. This is the #1 factor to flavor and best of smoke when lit in my opinion and experience.
Pics of my 9lb hammer girls.
I know, next time i'll just get rid.

they definitely got good flush, last 2 weeks run off was less than 200ppm

Latest posts

Top Bottom