harvested 6 days ago, few questions

• Thread starter thedubside
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thedubside

thedubside

Where do you think fem seeds come from?
lol is that how we get fem'd seeds? femmed seed = seed from a hermie? I thought I read somewhere on here if you plant seeds from a hermie they are likely to hermie also. so assumed there was another method to get fems, a more stable way.

thedubside

thedubside

I agree they're ripe. should be wreaking to high hell. hope they smoke decent atleast.
was hoping for a strong overbearing smell during grow but it wasnt. wha is a good strain to grow for an absolutely STINKING tent? i'll keep you updated on if it improves

tobh

tobh

Supporter
lol is that how we get fem'd seeds? femmed seed = seed from a hermie? I thought I read somewhere on here if you plant seeds from a hermie they are likely to hermie also. so assumed there was another method to get fems, a more stable way.

Fem seeds are created by reversing sex of a female clone. This is done by way of several methods, but essentially the idea is a genetically female plant producing pollen sacs should produce dominantly female offspring from that pollen.

In short, it's hermaphroditic pollen that influences highly likely female offspring.

Because of this, I personally have a big rub with female seeds. In my opinion it's bringing forward a recessive gene and introducing it to the gene pool in the pursuit of reducing wasted resources sorting through regular seeds. While a good concept, I've seen more hermaphroditic plants from fem seeds than regular seeds, and I believe it's specifically due to reinforcing a recessive gene through the methods of which female seeds are produced. Stepping off my soap box now.

linde

linde

was hoping for a strong overbearing smell during grow but it wasnt. wha is a good strain to grow for an absolutely STINKING tent? i'll keep you updated on if it improves
get yourself some BC Island Sweet Skunk. Next Generation seed company. Shit wreaks to hell. your neighbors will be giving u a thumbs up when they pass by.

thedubside

thedubside

UPDATE

hung it for 10 days, jarred it, sitting around 57-60%. smell has got wayyyy better smelling real nice in jar now. smoked one of the pure kief and got a heavy stone so i think it's going to turn out alright. I have the plant that hermied in it's own jar and it def smells different, like theres something else mixed in with the sweet smell. definitely not mold or anything just buds have a more earthy aroma. can def smell the pineapple

IMG 20201214 145759
IMG 20201214 154510
IMG 20201214 145724
Top Bottom